Attention to the Chinese Community

Grant

• Grant featured this topic
13 minutes ago, Lawbda said:

Greetings, I want to ask,whether we must have public STATIC IP address or not. OR whether DHCP services can work? 

You know, in chinese our internet service providers always give us dynamic IP address or DHCP services.

You can host a server on a dynamic IP, that's no problem, Carrier-grade NAT would be a problem though.

You need to port forward the tunnel port at your router and see if it's reachable, if not, then you are probably behind a Carrier-grade NAT and you can't host a server.

If you have C&C1, Red Alert 1, Tiberian Sun or dune 2000 installed then you can run a NAT test inside of the game lobby with the following command "/natx". Post the results in here, in the most cases it's possible to see if you're behind a Carrier-grade NAT

The cncnet-tunnel.exe is 404 for me, so I have to download cncnet-server.

We tried to build some servers, and they appeared in https://cncnet.org/status . But we don't know how to change its indexs, so it's still 'Unnamed Server' for now, with default values.

BTW, the news have been published to Chinese MO community, so let's see if there'll be more volunteers.:P

28 minutes ago, Ollerus said:

We tried to build some servers, and they appeared in https://cncnet.org/status . But we don't know how to change its indexs, so it's still 'Unnamed Server' for now, with default values.

BTW, the news have been published to Chinese MO community, so let's see if there'll be more volunteers.:P

I fixed the link for cncnet-tunnel.exe now, thanks for reporting

If you are on windows then try to use the batch file, it allows you to change the name easier.

I see a new "Unnamed Server" from china, but the port is not forwarded and the server is not reachable

Nice, hopefully someone can help out!

You can try Ubuntu or debian, but any other distro will do it too.

256mb ram are enough to run both servers at the same time.

You can probably run it fine with a 1mbps connection already, but: more speed = more players.

A good provider in china is Aliyun. Don't use CDS global cloud, they're very bad (high packet loss)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A Chinese player managed to build the severs successfully, which perform well in 1v1 games (Yichang Hubei China). He has shared some of their experience:

1 - Public IP is required. If the IP is start with 100.64.0.0, it means that there's no public IP and cannot build a server.

2 - Yeah, the router should have port forwarding. He used his PC's own ID and 'ALL' Protocol.

Also some people try to use their own servers. A player who use his Linux server also managed to build a server (Jiangsu Sky).

posted image

57 minutes ago, Ollerus said:

A Chinese player managed to build the severs successfully, which perform well in 1v1 games (Yichang Hubei China). He has shared some of their experience:

1 - Public IP is required. If the IP is start with 100.64.0.0, it means that there's no public IP and cannot build a server.

2 - Yeah, the router should have port forwarding. He used his PC's own ID and 'ALL' Protocol.

Also some people try to use their own servers. A player who use his Linux server also managed to build a server (Jiangsu Sky).

posted image

That's nice, any chance you guys can also host the v3 server too? It would help a lot for testing.

V3 is the future for chinese, it will make it possible to connect chinese with the rest of the world. With V2 it's not possible, games will lag if not all players are from china.

1 hour ago, Ollerus said:

posted image

需要独立的IP,之前用阿里云和腾讯 的服务器 可以,但是一些没有独立IP的服务器不行。你有QQ吗?联系一下

On Saturday, September 09, 2017 at 12:44 AM, Lawbda said:

Thank you for your answers.

Another question is suppose now I want to bug a virtual linux server from our servicer.

Can you give us an advice the recommended configuration on which server and bandwidth will be the best.

国内vps都可以,但是要有独立IP,端口不能被封。

On Friday, September 08, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Ollerus said:

MO community 地址是什么?

• 1 month later...

just a report(or maybe 'retell'? ) of a Chinese tunnei server who once hosted a tunnel :

"The cncnet-tunnel program costs too much memory as time goes because it won't release memory itself. Once it cost up to 4.5G memory. So I stopped and gave up  hosting the tunnel. btw, the tunnel name can not be saved,that's strange"

Nowadays,Chinese tunnels on Cncnet is becoming less and less and we have to use German tunnels or the others.I wonder that could you polish the tunnel program so that I can tell this tunnei server or other potential servers who gave up because this?

No offensive, just a question.My English could not be so native to you.

• 5 months later...

I am a Chinese player, through China Telecom's home network to provide a public network IP, but automatically redial the IP address changes every 12 hours, because the official host game delay is too high, decided to use personal network to build the game host, but not in my favorite game Mental Omega to display their own server, to play with friends online, Please allow my host to join the game server list, but IP may be sorry for ISP changes @ FunkyFr3sh

QQ截图20180508212945.png

QQ图片20180508212856.png

Edited by a chinese guy

On 5/8/2018 at 3:33 PM, a chinese guy said:

I am a Chinese player, through China Telecom's home network to provide a public network IP, but automatically redial the IP address changes every 12 hours, because the official host game delay is too high, decided to use personal network to build the game host, but not in my favorite game Mental Omega to display their own server, to play with friends online, Please allow my host to join the game server list, but IP may be sorry for ISP changes @ FunkyFr3sh

Just start the server and it will show up in the list and you can use it!

It will probably not work on your home connection, that's very problematic in china, but you can try it. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, a chinese guy said:

pity

There are some chinese servers you can use, you don't need to host a own server.

If you want to play faster games from china then make sure all players in the game room are from china too, just one from player from outside of china will slow it down a lot.

Make sure none of the chinese use a VPN, this will lag too. Players from hong kong / taiwan etc will lag too (even though they are very close, but they are not behind the great firewall of china).

If you want to play with players outside of china then you'll have to play at night between 1am - 9am, it will be much faster then for chinese.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:02 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

有一些中国的服务器可以使用,你不需要托管自己的服务器。

如果你想从中国玩更快的游戏,那么请确保游戏室中的所有玩家都来自中国,只有一个来自中国以外的玩家会使其速度变慢。

确保没有中国人使用VPN,这也会落后。来自香港/台湾等地的玩家也会落后(尽管他们非常接近,但他们并没有落后中国的防火墙)。

如果你想和中国以外的球员一起比赛,那么你需要在凌晨1点到9点之间打球,这对中国人来说要快得多。

Why I can't get into the game, room host for my host but ready is not allowed to enter, other players on the line

• 8 months later...

Lol, my MelonHK server was on your guys screenshot.

I'm using VPS from Azure platform which gives incredible low Ping (normally 20-70 from China, 140 from AU) and relatively stable connection between players from China and rest of the world. Best of all, Chinese players don't need any VPN to play on servers from Azure VPS. 

Sadly the platform is quite expensive if running 24/7.

I'd like to see more HK servers showing up on the list, it's a good place for Chinese players to link up with rest of the world.