CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Running CnCNet server using systemd (Linux x64)

wget downloads.cncnet.org/tunnel.sh
sh tunnel.sh 200 "Unnamed Server"

If you're unsure what linux distro to choose, just take the latest version of Ubuntu

Using the above method you can run both CnCNet servers as a service and they will continue to run even after the server restarted.

Alternatively you can also run the servers individually (see below):

New Server (All Games)

Linux x64 example:

wget -c https://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server.tgz -O - | tar -xz

nohup ./cncnet-server --name "My cool server" --maxclients 200 --port 50001 --portv2 50000 > cncnet-server.log 2>&1 &

Linux ARM

Windows:

On XP, Vista and 7 make sure .NET 4.0 is installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17113

Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server-gui.exe

Note: Servers are chosen automatically by CnCNet and are only used in case 2 players fail to establish a Peer-To-Peer connection. Yuri's Revenge players can select a specific server via the advanced settings while hosting a game room.

Old Server (Yuris Revenge only)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:

sudo apt-get install default-jre

wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe

nohup java -jar cncnet-tunnel.exe -name "My cool server" -maxclients 200 -port 50000 -headless > cncnet-tunnel.log 2>&1 &

Windows:

Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe

Note:  To use a specific server you'll have to select it via the advanced settings while hosting a game room.

The servers will not show up instantly on the website, it can take up to 4 hours

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aquaman183
      Hello everyone! I just found out about finalsun and I'm excited to start trying to map some multiplayer maps. I looked online and in the forum some and the best tutorial I found was by lucasSK. I looked through that but it looked more like definitions of things in finalsun instead of.."you should do this first followed by this etc.."
      Does anyone know of a more step by step guide?
      Also, is there a way to start off with a preexisting map like firestorm and edit that map specifically?
      Lastly, should do I need to download any other files besides finalsun?
      Thank you for any help y'all can give to point me in the right direction.
    • By Spandexdudebro
      Hey guys,

When trying to open YR I get a crash&error.  I uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled to no avail.  As that's the extent of my tech support knowledge I need some help...here's the log.

24.07. 16:52:55.798    ***Logfile for Yuri's Revenge client***
      24.07. 16:52:55.811    Client version: 2.6.10.1
      24.07. 16:52:55.811    Loading settings.
      24.07. 16:52:55.851    Initializing updater.
      24.07. 16:52:55.856    Update mirror count: 1
      24.07. 16:52:55.856    Running from: clientdx.exe
      24.07. 16:52:55.858    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
      24.07. 16:52:55.858    Selected OS profile: WIN810
      24.07. 16:52:55.861    Removing partial custom component downloads.
      24.07. 16:52:55.862    Checking for the existence of FinalSun.ini.
      24.07. 16:52:55.862    FinalSun.ini doesn't exist - writing default settings.
      24.07. 16:52:55.863    An exception occured while checking the existence of FinalSun settings
      24.07. 16:52:55.863    Writing installation path to the Windows registry.
      24.07. 16:52:55.869    Starting background processing of INI files.
      24.07. 16:52:55.869    /INI/Base does not exist, skipping background processing of INI files.
      24.07. 16:52:56.200    Initializing GameClass.
      24.07. 16:52:56.304    InitGraphicsMode: 5120x1440
      24.07. 16:52:56.311    KABOOOOOOM!!! Info:
      24.07. 16:52:56.311    Message: HRESULT: [0x80070057], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_INVALIDARG/Invalid Arguments], Message: The parameter is incorrect.
      24.07. 16:52:56.314    Source: SharpDX
      24.07. 16:52:56.314    TargetSite.Name: CheckError
      24.07. 16:52:56.314    Stacktrace:    at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
         at SharpDX.DXGI.SwapChain.ResizeBuffers(Int32 bufferCount, Int32 width, Int32 height, Format newFormat, SwapChainFlags swapChainFlags)
         at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.CreateSizeDependentResources()
         at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Reset()
         at Rampastring.XNAUI.WindowManager.InitGraphicsMode(Int32 iWidth, Int32 iHeight, Boolean bFullScreen)
         at DTAClient.DXGUI.GameClass.SetGraphicsMode(WindowManager wm)
         at DTAClient.DXGUI.GameClass.Initialize()
         at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
         at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
         at DTAClient.Startup.Execute()
         at DTAClient.PreStartup.Initialize(StartupParams parameters)
         at DTAClient.Program.Main(String[] args)

• By Darren6
      Anti Virus has remove the clientdx.exe , now i cant open cncnet yuri revenge but i still can open yuri revenge offline. i tried copy another version of red alert same clientdx.exe to the resource folder but i get blocked by permission. i try reinstall but it appear "out of resource" and i cant uninstall yuri revenge like other apps i install in my comp. please help asap developers~! thanks
    • By gben01
      Hi there, trying to update web client to 8.3 of Yuri Revenge... but bitdefender (antivirus) program says a there is a virus in one of the files and I cannot proceed.
      "Traffic Scan has detected a threat. Access to a webpage has been denied. downloads.cncnet.org/updates/yr/Resources/clientdx.exe contains malware of type Gen:Variant.Johnnie.365292"
      Can you double check files on your side and/or help me update the game another way?
      Ben
    • By Jthe420
      i made a new house called it "militia"....details aside when i start a skermish with it i dont get the multiplayer units?
      no mcv no nothing...
      i already placed the new house as the 3rd owner of such things and it all even shows up in the finalsun editor.
      still no mcv...
      anything im missing?