(Wht)Trichotomy

AchromicWhite

Welcome to the Trichotomy.

This idea for a map is one I've had in my head for a long time. And there's been several attempts to get it into map form. Difficult, as making it even when it's all divided into thirds with the curves being the way that they are and the tiles for C&C being so chunky in little sets of 4 cells... but here it is; perhaps not as perfect as I'd have liked it, but I'm happy with it.

I also went to town on the roads and extra features to make it look really pretty.

It may also function as a great way to have a third person watch a 1v1 as I don't see it being uneven in a 1v1 match.Might even try casting some matches on it, which is something I've wanted to get into doing for this community.

I haven't played it yet, so it might yet just have too much Tiberium or be too turtley, but I have high hopes that there's enough angles to attack from that it should be fine.

Enjoy.
(Download at the bottom)

-Achromic White

[EDIT]
4/11/17
Due to issues of base crawl aggression (I don't actually mind the rush distances from units), one of the pathways (for each player, so 3 paths) has been closed off. This should hopefully get a little more intensive to be in the middle of the map, also.

A little Tiberium was also taken out, so that harvesters should harvest more efficiently.
Hope everyone likes the changes.

posted image

(Wht)Trichotomy.ini

(Wht)Trichotomy.bin

Edited by AchromicWhite
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looks beautiful.

Only thing I can think of which might be an issue is that it looks like the bottom-right player has a bit more build room than the middle-left and top players have.

Also might be a little bit too much tiberium. The fields in the outer ring areas which aren't occupied by players are quite long, maybe cut them in half so that harvesters won't go wandering really far. The field in the middle-right seems a prime culprit for a harvester getting really far away.

• Like 1

Nah man, he did it perfectly.

Bottom right has the problem that refineries and other structures have their exit points on the wrong side.

Also, harvesters, micro them.

I would prefer blossom tree's in base fields as well. But that is a matter of taste I think.

Honestly, after playing it some, I think there needs to be some extra walls.

Even though second ring looks like a big circle, it plays more like a path STRAIT to the enemy base. It's not so much the rush distance, but how quickly you can base crawl and then it turns into a defences war.

I might try to play some more games on it, and also try to get some BETTER players to go up against, but I might cut that ring up a bit, so that when you go to another players base, you either have to go through the middle or right around where the large tib patches near the edges are.

And yeah, I think there COULD be too much tib. It's hard to say, though, as there is 3 players worth. I get you on the harv micro, too. Just splitting those fields could help a lot. It's not too bad either way , though.

On 11/5/2017 at 10:48 PM, weaveR said:

I'll have to 1v1 you sometime on it White looks very complicated.

It's actually way simpler than it looks. I think it just appears very busy because of the extra tiles I've added on... and the amount of Tiberium.
I'd say that Quarry is more complected.

But yes, we should play.

3 hours ago, Messiah said:

I like this one.

I would make the small areas at the map edges passable to have some more tactical options for artillery weapons.

3 hours ago, Messiah said:

I like this one.

I would make the small areas at the map edges passable to have some more tactical options for artillery weapons.

Not sure where you mean, sorry.

Oh... I've have to remake the map from scratch to make that a possibility. 
Further more, either the side paths would have to be restricted, or else squash the middle areas of the map, which have already been designed to be responsibly choked.

To get an understanding of the original concept, maybe this will help:
(Note how all the terrain is contained within a circle... and also how the western player is hard up against the edge of the actual map)
posted image

Edited by AchromicWhite

• 4 weeks later...

The political aspect of 3 way matches (ganging up, sniping one person... whatever) seems to not be possible to stop, as it's political in it's nature, as I say.
People will do as they please. I lost to two guys on this map, that I felt were both worse than me (that is, I'd wager I could have beaten either in 1v1 with relative ease), but lost, because I expanded very fast into the middle and this came across as aggressive.

But, see, that's also somewhat my own fault, because of the signal I made by the way that I played. So perhaps it's just that in 3 way matches, you have to think that step deeper etc.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...