Where's the Stock Sound for the Chronosphere?

Chrono Vortex

Kind of a random question, but I remember reading somewhere that the charging up sound for the Chronosphere you hear in the cutscenes is stock, and I'm pretty sure I heard it in a relatively recent Dr. Who episode, so I'm curious. @Nyerguds, you usually seem to know this sort of thing, do you have any idea where to find it online? Or does anybody else?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 5:38 AM, Nyerguds said:

Finding stock sounds is more @tomsons26's domain....

Ah, gotcha. He's probably a bit busy to be asking silly questions like this. Oh well.

I haven't abandoned trying to find this thing myself just yet, though. No cigar so far, but my research has turned up some interesting things. I'm absolutely positive that the ninth sound down in this list on StockMusic.com is the source of the sound for selling structures in Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert, and I'll bet my bottom dollar that there's a bunch of other sounds in that archive heard in the C&C games, so that's a start at least.

Found another one! The first sound in this list is totally where the charging sound for the obelisk of light came from.

Damn, that didn't take long. Now I'm certain the chronosphere sound is in this archive somewhere. There's a ton of sounds to sort through though, so it may take a while to find it.

EDIT: Aaand found another one, last track in this list is the source of some tiberian creature ambience in Tiberian Sun I think.

Edited by Chrono Vortex

On the first stock music one, yes it is, also fun fact that pack also has a lot of sounds StarCraft uses.

The Tiberian Fiend is also a stock, i looked it up after i heard it in Imagine Dragons - Radioactive music video, god knows where the link is, have it somewhere in irc logs.

Iirc it was called Black Scorpion

Edit:

https://stockmusic.com//products/sound_effect_cd/supersampler_sound_effects

BLACK SCORPION, SHORT SCREECH, there were others tho

Edited by tomsons26
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tomsons26 said:

https://stockmusic.com//products/sound_effect_cd/supersampler_sound_effects

BLACK SCORPION, SHORT SCREECH, there were others tho

I know I've heard that one several other places too, but I can't remember where, exactly.

Just found the source of the actual in-game chrono teleportation sound (or one of them, at least), but still no luck with the charging sound from the cutscene. The hunt continues!

Edited by Chrono Vortex

I'm pretty sure I've heard chrono sounds in The Philadelphia Experiment from 1984 with Michael Pare. So it must be from an old-ass sound bank, and the movie is pretty much a direct inspiration for the intro and part of the plot. 

4 minutes ago, cn2mc said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard chrono sounds in The Philadelphia Experiment from 1984 with Michael Pare. So it must be from an old-ass sound bank, and the movie is pretty much a direct inspiration for the intro and part of the plot. 

Oh yeah, that's what this RA legos vid is talking about, isn't it? That's where I first heard about it.

On 06/03/2018 at 12:53 PM, tomsons26 said:

On the first stock music one, yes it is, also fun fact that pack also has a lot of sounds StarCraft uses.

yea, that sound is the SC Terran building landing one too, hehe. WW just used the first part, and the Blizzard guys seem to have sped it up a bit.

The Chronosphere's charge up sound  has a high pitch whine similar to the Junkers Ju 87's siren which is a very old stock sound effect used many times in many cartoons and shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCB8ZVxKqyI The start of 0:27 kind of sounds like the charge up but either somebody at WW or whoever they bought the sound effects from touched it up.

But really I don't know. :P

Edited by Chad1233
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chad1233 said:

The Chronosphere's charge up sound  has a high pitch whine similar to the Junkers Ju 87's siren which is a very old stock sound effect used many times in many cartoons and shows.

So, using a speed-up stuka siren sound and this, I managed to come up with something which sounds similar to the chronosphere, but it's far from perfect. The siren doesn't sound exactly right and there's a couple more sounds from the original that are missing, like whatever that one is between the siren and the explosion.