How many teams do you usually use and what are they for?

chem

I tend to only use 1 team maybe 2, I use team 1 for anything im using currently be it an engineer in an apc or my main force of tanks and units. I use another team for helicopters and that's as far as my team use goes.

White once told me he uses 1 team for anti armour and another for anti infantry within a single group of units.

I presume splitting up your main tank force into 2 teams is worthwhile too so you can get a better surface area when you attack another group of tanks?

Also adding and teaming all harvesters might be worthwhile to separate them from your main units so they don't get muddled?

2 packs of buggies or bikes might be a nightmare I will have to try that (piv style)

Anyway how do you use teams?  How do pros use them? Do people use like 5 or more teams or do they cycle the 1 and 2 keys for whatever they are currently using?

Edited by chem

Sometimes i split up my buggies from my bikes when i see medium tanks with infantry support.

Air is always a group on itself.

My apc is a group and the engies in it is another group.

When I use all strategies at once. I guess i have 5 groups.

Maybe a 6th for my steamroll group.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, X3M said:

Sometimes i split up my buggies from my bikes when i see medium tanks with infantry support.

Air is always a group on itself.

My apc is a group and the engies in it is another group.

When I use all strategies at once. I guess i have 5 groups.

Maybe a 6th for my steamroll group.

man I just switch the same 1  team to whatever I want to use at any point in time, seriously need to change that

Edited by chem

On 6/13/2018 at 6:37 PM, chem said:

awesome thanks Ferret,  what do you use the 3 teams for and when you go 6 teams is it due to orca use? xD

1 and 2: Main Army
3: Army
4: Aerial units/special units
5 and 6: Usually for Orca split

It really depends, but that's sometimes and usually how it goes for my control groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm with ferret, though I rarely would get to 6.

1-2. tanks/troops, bikes/buggies
3. hummers
4. flyers (but sometimes one hummer on 3 and one on 4, near the start to scout around).
5. Probably a flyer split or a transport, maybe a special unit of some sort.

Thing is, sometimes it's totally different. If I just have a mass of tanks, I might have tanks on 3 hotkeys.

• Thanks 1

GDI: 1 - humvees, 2 - tanks, 3 - men, 4 - orcas, 5 - chinook/apc, 6 - cargo. Possibly another team for defensive infantry (I've got q set to a team instead of 0). Sometimes both 2 and 3 will be tanks and men, sometimes I'll attach APCs to 1. It varies.

Nod: 1 - buggies, 2 - bikes, 3 - tanks and/or men, 4, 5, 6 - as above, probably, I rarely play Nod. I set special teams for scouting stealths. Each gets its own team if they're not moving together. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ferret said:

1 and 2: Main Army
3: Army
4: Aerial units/special units
5 and 6: Usually for Orca split

It really depends, but that's sometimes and usually how it goes for my control groups.

Awesome cheers Ferret bro its much appreciated! Really good idea!

Edited by chem

9 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Yeah, I'm with ferret, though I rarely would get to 6.

1-2. tanks/troops, bikes/buggies
3. hummers
4. flyers (but sometimes one hummer on 3 and one on 4, near the start to scout around).
5. Probably a flyer split or a transport, maybe a special unit of some sort.

Thing is, sometimes it's totally different. If I just have a mass of tanks, I might have tanks on 3 hotkeys.

Thanks bro really appreciate the non stop help!! Others do too people read this then I find them doing the same things when we get to multiplayer. Also had an awesome game your 3 way FFA map tonight, plays so well when its 3 pro players fighting, it was a gradual whittling down evenly of each others bases, there was a 30 stealth tank surprise at the end that caught us all off guard xD 

8 hours ago, cn2mc said:

GDI: 1 - humvees, 2 - tanks, 3 - men, 4 - orcas, 5 - chinook/apc, 6 - cargo. Possibly another team for defensive infantry (I've got q set to a team instead of 0). Sometimes both 2 and 3 will be tanks and men, sometimes I'll attach APCs to 1. It varies.

Nod: 1 - buggies, 2 - bikes, 3 - tanks and/or men, 4, 5, 6 - as above, probably, I rarely play Nod. I set special teams for scouting stealths. Each gets its own team if they're not moving together. 

That's perfect thanks bro! Now I know what im doing with both teams, so awesome! I really appreciate your help! :)))