A10 is there any way to get this in a multiplayer map or a tick box?

chem

Do you think it would be a cool tick box so the GDI players can have the A10?  Is it even possible?

I would love to give people access to the A10 in normal multiplayer games is this possible?  Is there any way to make a slight mod so people get the A10?

Lastly will we ever get the increased armour weapons factory upgrade (tick box) to balance out the nod fast planes upgrade?

Not an important question, just its such a cool unit idea the A10 its a shame its only single player

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Are you asking if GDI can get airstrikes in multiplayer?
You know that's the most powerful super weapon in the game, right?

It is? Do they reload fast? I suppose if you have good aim it can do a fair bit of damage? I thought nuke was better?  You joke? xD

10 hours ago, X3M said:

Open RA has these things.

Have fun. :)

It doesn't have the same feel , it sucks imo, otherwise it would be epic it has some excellent ideas but its not cnc1 , ive spent my whole life getting used to the feel of the game and  they change it, I cant do it and the balance is off it feels horrible

:)))

Edited by chem
  • Upvote 1

Well, if you don't like my suggestion. You could also go for DTA. Where you can build up to 3 A10 planes for an airstrike.

But all those suggestions. Isn't it better if you start making a mod yourself?

• Like 1

Plane units in C&C cannot land like helicopters, and modding the A-10 to be a heli screws up the way it throws bombs. So, no. You can't have it as a unit. Potentially an airstrike, activated like the nuke or ion cannon, might be possible to hack in. If sometime someone does that, I'd say 1 plane. Maxed out airstrikes with 3 planes, as White says, are kind of overkill, because they can blow up a CY and neither the nuke or ion canon can do that in multi. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cn2mc said:

Plane units in C&C cannot land like helicopters, and modding the A-10 to be a heli screws up the way it throws bombs. So, no. You can't have it as a unit. Potentially an airstrike, activated like the nuke or ion cannon, might be possible to hack in. If sometime someone does that, I'd say 1 plane. Maxed out airstrikes with 3 planes, as White says, are kind of overkill, because they can blow up a CY and neither the nuke or ion canon can do that in multi. 

Yes that's exactly what I mean just a power up,  like the Ion and Nuke. Would be so cool even if its just a hack for one map but as a tick box would be awesome too.

I mean the no heli tick box allows for a cheap early Chinook rush and changes the balance significantly why not an A10 tick box since we all like the A10 and it wouldn't affect balance much at all, just a nice extra  

Edited by chem

The crates could be modified too. Have them do certain power ups. But not bad stuff like explosion on dying and such.

I don't like the crate in my opponents base to contain that commando that I immediately can use to kill CY etc.

Isn't it easy to just give everyone one A10 with the comsat? And make it slower too. So it is really just for annoyance purposes.

One thing that I dislike about the A10 is that it scouts too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, X3M said:

The crates could be modified too. Have them do certain power ups. But not bad stuff like explosion on dying and such.

I don't like the crate in my opponents base to contain that commando that I immediately can use to kill CY etc.

Isn't it easy to just give everyone one A10 with the comsat? And make it slower too. So it is really just for annoyance purposes.

One thing that I dislike about the A10 is that it scouts too.

great idea fixed crates would be a nice mod few would argue against

31 minutes ago, cn2mc said:

The A-10 doesn't scout. Enemy units firing at it from the ground reveal the terrain.

Its a shame they didn't use this as part of its offence, instead of the carpet bombing, you can see what the apache machine gun does now just imagine how westwood would have balanced the A10 machine gun

GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg

apache-helicopter-33.jpg

Edited by chem

4 hours ago, appsted said:

Interacting with Maps via Checkboxes

That doesn't work with TD as it does with RA. It's very possible in theory, but the implementation of working .ini rules in TD is not so certain, and it's certainly not happening soon. 99% of the discussions in topics such as this one are on an 'in theory only' basis.

10 hours ago, X3M said:

You can't order your orca's to move deep into the shroud. Or else you could scout with them as well.

You can scout what you need to scout with helis by leapfrogging too. And also there's the bug where you get to see part of the opposite edge of the map when you build too close to yours. Only works horizontally, I think.

The point I wanted to make but actually didn't is that you can move your AA as the air attack comes, or you can just place your AA a square or two away from the important buildings and not right beside them. That way, if they didn't get initially scouted you can keep them hidden.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2018 at 7:28 AM, chem said:

Yes that's exactly what I mean just a power up,  like the Ion and Nuke. Would be so cool even if its just a hack for one map but as a tick box would be awesome too.

I mean the no heli tick box allows for a cheap early Chinook rush and changes the balance significantly why not an A10 tick box since we all like the A10 and it wouldn't affect balance much at all, just a nice extra  

I think it'd effect it more than doing things like allowing MLRS at comm tech.

The planes are really hard to stop and do a TONE of damage. The other super's are powerful enough... the airstrike is insane.

Eh, one or maybe even two planes should be OK, I wouldn't call that insane. You can also move men and light units out if you get a warning like you get for the nuke. I'm pretty sure there's even a recorded EVA line in the .mix files for incoming planes that is never used.

22 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

I think it'd effect it more than doing things like allowing MLRS at comm tech.

The planes are really hard to stop and do a TONE of damage. The other super's are powerful enough... the airstrike is insane.

I was thinking just one A10 like when you get the crate but as a periodic thing. I haven't played single player since I was a child from what I remember the three A10's could take out power plants if you were lucky maybe a conyard? But most of the time they are so random sometimes you don't even take out a power plant?. But yea now I see your point they are in contention for the most powerful power up if not it depending on how much damage they do on average (since lots of missed shots) and how fast they recharge compared to the nuke.

Edited by chem

16 hours ago, cn2mc said:

Eh, one or maybe even two planes should be OK, I wouldn't call that insane. You can also move men and light units out if you get a warning like you get for the nuke. I'm pretty sure there's even a recorded EVA line in the .mix files for incoming planes that is never used.

Well if you attack with another couple of flyers, the A-10's will just roast everything under them.
The SAM's basically do nothing, and the napalm alone can take out a con yard.

If they don't require full tech, I'd see them being pretty nasty.

I find it a bit strange that you'd look at this and think it's not really that powerful, but having MLRS was something that you thought would make GDI pretty much unbeatable for Nod. I guess there's no way to tell unless tested, but I'd think the opposite would be true.

• Upvote 1

The nuke and ion cannon can be combined with flyers and other attacks to pretty much the same effect. I really don't see an issue with having a single plane airstrike available every couple of minutes and being forced to keep your comm. centre up and running to have it.

But I'll also say this again: I'm against all changes that are not bug or issue fixes, so there you go. Map specific mods? Sure, when we can eventually do that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cn2mc said:

The nuke and ion cannon can be combined with flyers and other attacks to pretty much the same effect. I really don't see an issue with having a single plane airstrike available every couple of minutes and being forced to keep your comm. centre up and running to have it.

But I'll also say this again: I'm against all changes that are not bug or issue fixes, so there you go. Map specific mods? Sure, when we can eventually do that.

Yeah, I hear ya. I wouldn't want to see a change like MLRS/Chem Troop tech changes to be forced, but I'm not against seeing them as a check box.
A comm centre is a much lower tech and price, though. It's a natural part of a match (especially as GDI vs Nod). The Super's are not so natural. They're a big investment by comparison.

• Upvote 1

Airstrike is scary. The only superweapon that can one-shot a CY. Giving it to GDI only would ridiculously unbalance the game, especially since Nod's AA is so terrible against it.  Ironically, GDI's AA is excellent against it - AGTs, Mammoths and MLRSes eat A10s for breakfast.

Also, I believe it may have some wonky logic that makes the amount of planes depend on the map number set in the game. You'd be surprised how many mission-number dependent logics they just forgot to remove from multiplayer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...