infantry units are too underpowered compared to tanks!

MapDesigner

On 7/27/2018 at 3:24 PM, ore_truck said:

The infantry seem alright. Civilian garrisons provide more usefulness for standard infantry, anti-tank classes are uncrushable and how each faction have unique infantry arsenal like Soviets are meant to win by massing units, so the conscript are easier to mass and make better meat shields plus they got the cloning vats in RA2, Allies are portrayed like modern warfare military so they have better spec ops commando and infiltration units while the psycho weirdo yuri has his own whacko infantry classes for his whacky tactics.

I like how Red Alert 2 infantry have different types like the low tier ones are meant to be en massed (basic infantry, flak troopers, rocketeers, guardian GIs, etc), special purpose unit (engineer, spy, yuri, sniper) and special forces (infantry not meant to be massed but can be powerful in low numbers if the enemy base is left undefended like Navy SEALs, Tanya, chrono legionaire, etc). 

It's how you pick the right time and right type of infantry unit to see how useful they are. For example, you don't send the massed lower tier in late game when the enemy has lots of snipers,desolators,virus, prism tanks, etc. You don't need special purpose infantry if there are no tech buildings to capture or bridges to destroy. You don't deploy commando units if the enemy is expecting one and had anti-infantry defenses littered in his base.

Glad you said Infantry are alright! :D Because! on YR! When you face Allies Players. Spamming Prism Tanks! The Yuri Player. SHOULD ALWAYS SPAM! 2000! YURI BRUTES! VS THEIR PRISM TANKS! TO WIN! As ill always keep saying the true facts! That Yuri Brutes! are always Extremely Overpowered! Vs everything They face! And that They are Never! Useless! Or Expensive! And that they are an amazing unit to spam in this game! too :)  ❤️ :D So every Yuri Player. SHOULD ALWAYS SPAM! YURI BRUTES! Even against Mass Prism Tanks! :) To win every game! :3 So nothing will ever! Win against my own! Hungry Yuri Brutes! As true yuri brute spammers! ALWAYS WIN! ❤️ 

As in this Photo Right here! I Got Infinite Amounts of money! And Yuri Brutes! And! I Defeated 250! Prism Tanks! That the AI player has! And my Hungry Yuri Brutes! came out Victorious! Because! Like i said! They are an amazing unit to spam! In this game! And they are Extremely Overpowered! Too! ❤️ :D 

So Hungry Yuri Brutes! will Never! Be Useless! Or Expensive! ❤️ :3 :D

image.thumb.png.85bd82d906ba671bbc9fc812be0ee8ce.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

In my opinion, tesla troopers fire range should be increased a bit, as their short range problem even makes them vulnerable againts gis. Also ggi's strength ought to be increased greatly, as even a single gattling tank could easily blow 4 or 5 of them.

As a last point, initiate garrisons are too overpowered.

Edited by cc88_06
  • Check 1

kind of missing the whole point of infantry in ra2. they are all supposed to play niche utility roles instead of being a mainline attack force; garrisoning buildings, deploying, swimming, destroying bridges, charging coils, spying buildings, sniping, desolating, rocketeering, capturing buildings, scouting, and so on and so forth.

• Check 1

17 hours ago, McPwny said:

kind of missing the whole point of infantry in ra2. they are all supposed to play niche utility roles instead of being a mainline attack force; garrisoning buildings, deploying, swimming, destroying bridges, charging coils, spying buildings, sniping, desolating, rocketeering, capturing buildings, scouting, and so on and so forth.

But! The most important points! Of RA2 YR Infantry are YURI BRUTES! Mine will always be so hungry! Awesome! and too Overpowered! To actually defeat! ❤️ Because im a true yuri brute spammer! ❤️ :P Winning every match by spamming only Hungry Yuri Brutes! and nothing else! ❤️ Besides that. Infantry is awesome to use in RA2 YR :P❤️ Even in mass numbers! :D 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, XGalaxyZ said:

But! The most important points! Of RA2 YR Infantry are YURI BRUTES! Mine will always be so hungry! Awesome! and too Overpowered! To actually defeat! ❤️ Because im a true yuri brute spammer! ❤️ :P Winning every match by spamming only Hungry Yuri Brutes! and nothing else! ❤️ Besides that. Infantry is awesome to use in RA2 YR :P❤️ Even in mass numbers! :D 

All it takes is one seal to turn your brute spam into a slaughter.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

All it takes is one seal to turn your brute spam into a slaughter.

They work all the time When i lead them. :P As My own Hungry Yuri Brutes! always WIN! Against every enemy player that i face! :D❤️ Because 1 Seal is not enough to stop my Hungry Yuri Brutes! ❤️ Since I ALWAYS SPAM YURI BRUTES VS THE AI PLAYERS! :3 :P And atleast 1000! To win all the time! :D As Hungry Yuri Brute spammers! Always WIN! :P

8 hours ago, McPwny said:

you hyperfixation on yuri brutes, abuse of english sentence structure, and overuse of emojis baffle and concern me, but im glad you have fun playing ra2 nonetheless. have a nice day.

:P Everyone must have fun at RA2 :D Thats why we always play it :P❤️ 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, McPwny said:

you hyperfixation on yuri brutes, abuse of english sentence structure, and overuse of emojis baffle and concern me, but im glad you have fun playing ra2 nonetheless. have a nice day.

this is no-brain have fun thread, no smartassing here. u have nice day too!

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, cc88_06 said:

In my opinion, tesla troopers fire range should be increased a bit, as their short range problem even makes them vulnerable againts gis. Also ggi's strength ought to be increased greatly, as even a single gattling tank could easily blow 4 or 5 of them.

As a last point, initiate garrisons are too overpowered.

Some Infantry do got great Uses. actually :P The only ones which really deserve Buffs are Tesla Troopers Yuri Brutes Cuba Terrorist. Also Guardian GI Strength increased? These guys are perfect tank killers! When stuffed inside BFs. :D On the other hand Flak Troopers should be fixed at Elite Status since they are less powerful/Nerfed at that Rank :( 

• Upvote 1

Some Infantry do got great Uses. actually :P The only ones which really deserve Buffs are Tesla Troopers Yuri Brutes Cuba Terrorist. Also Guardian GI Strength increased? These guys are perfect tank killers! When stuffed inside BFs. :D On the other hand Flak Troopers should be fixed at Elite Status since they are less powerful/Nerfed at that Rank :( 

I would guess that flak trooper is one of the least used infantry units, no? Maybe they'd be good if they somehow increased flak track firing rate when paired inside.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Check 1

47 minutes ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

I would guess that flak trooper is one of the least used infantry units, no? Maybe they'd be good if they somehow increased flak track firing rate when paired inside.

Hes pretty slow. Not durable. And bad at Elite Rank. :( Flak Tracks really support. rhinos better than the trooper does :) + Why they force a Radar to build flak troopers bother me :( I think some changing can make it decent Like give its elite rank better damage + Make it Tier 1 right away. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2021 at 11:25 PM, McPwny said:

The Hungry Yuri Brutes! Always FIX! Me with some sweet! Victories! ? :D As I will always Happily Spam Tons of Hungry Yuri Brutes! ❤️ Vs the AI Players. and! Especially at survival maps! :P :) :3 And The Hungry Yuri Brutes! Will always! WIN! If they are used by Me! ❤️ 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

these are on another level

Yup :P But my own Hungry Yuri Brutes! Are on a awesome level! ❤️ When i use them :) :D❤️ Because! I Spam Happily tons of Hungry Yuri Brutes! vs AI Players and on Survival Maps. ❤️ And My own Hungry Yuri Brutes! Always WIN! When i spam them at a large mass ❤️ :P 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, XGalaxyZ said:

Yup :P But my own Hungry Yuri Brutes! Are on a awesome level! ❤️ When i use them :) :D❤️ Because! I Spam Happily tons of Hungry Yuri Brutes! vs AI Players and on Survival Maps. ❤️ And My own Hungry Yuri Brutes! Always WIN! When i spam them at a large mass ❤️ :P 

lmaoo!

i am convinced XGalaxyZ is the true spammer of hungry Yuri brutes. ;)

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na

5 hours ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

lmaoo!

i am convinced XGalaxyZ is the true spammer of hungry Yuri brutes. ;)

Yup i 100% Am the best Spammer of Hungry Yuri Brutes! We all should Hail me! As the best user Of Hungry Yuri Brutes! Aswell ❤️ No Matter how many Hungry Yuri Brutes! I always spam. They wont ever! Be Useless or Expensive. ❤️ :P :D And for the critical part We all should Spam 3000! Hungry Yuri Brutes! On a big map! ❤️ And Vote for Rebalance Patch to make them Stronger! ❤️ :) 

On 8/24/2021 at 8:30 PM, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

I dont even know wtf he's saying, but it so hilarious.

xd. All what People Should know about is That Hungry Yuri Brutes! ARE! Extremely Overpowered! When you spam 1000 Of them! ?❤️ :D :P And That some Infantry are Very Underpowered. and that they need buffs.

xd. All what People Should know about is That Hungry Yuri Brutes! ARE! Extremely Overpowered! When you spam 1000 Of them! ?❤️ :D :P And That some Infantry are Very Underpowered. and that they need buffs.

They are expensive though. What are they like 500 a piece? I think only Tesla Trooper costs just as much. Gaurdian Gi's cost only 400, and they're waaay better units vs tanks than both tesla trooper and brutes. I don't think any of these units need re-balanced though. Perhaps flak trooper can be buffed?

Also these 3 units should be buffed aswell:

Chrono Commando, Chrono Ivan, and PSI commando. 

You say these three are already very strong units, so why? It's because once someone has these units available its only a matter of time until they win anyways. Might aswell let them be strong enough to finish the job quicker. Also works to remind players not to allow themselves to be spied.

35 minutes ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

They are expensive though. What are they like 500 a piece? I think only Tesla Trooper costs just as much. Gaurdian Gi's cost only 400, and they're waaay better units vs tanks than both tesla trooper and brutes. I don't think any of these units need re-balanced though. Perhaps flak trooper can be buffed?

Also these 3 units should be buffed aswell:

Chrono Commando, Chrono Ivan, and PSI commando. 

You say these three are already very strong units, so why? It's because once someone has these units available its only a matter of time until they win anyways. Might aswell let them be strong enough to finish the job quicker. Also works to remind players not to allow themselves to be spied.

:P Hungry Yuri Brutes and Hungry Tesla Troopers. SHOULD! Be Buffed! they are supposed to counter vehicles. ? But in PvP They would be absolutely worthless If one makes his tanks run away :D Also Yes. flak trooper should be buffed. Like Make it availible with only a barracks that it does not need a Radar. and Fix the problem it has with elite rank Where it suffers less. damage At that rank :( Talking about the 3 Special Battle Lab units You mentioned. No they dont need to be buffed. Except both Ivans. where if they kill enough stuff They can get promotions! ❤️ Btw PSI-Commandos are broken If at elite + inside BFs! ❤️ :P :D EDIT. You Only really should get Hungry Yuri Brutes. with the Genetic Mutator. ❤️ Spamming them via barracks and even with clone lab Is too costly to do.

36 minutes ago, XGalaxyZ said:

:P Hungry Yuri Brutes and Hungry Tesla Troopers. SHOULD! Be Buffed! they are supposed to counter vehicles. ? But in PvP They would be absolutely worthless If one makes his tanks run away :D Also Yes. flak trooper should be buffed. Like Make it availible with only a barracks that it does not need a Radar. and Fix the problem it has with elite rank Where it suffers less. damage At that rank :( Talking about the 3 Special Battle Lab units You mentioned. No they dont need to be buffed. Except both Ivans. where if they kill enough stuff They can get promotions! ❤️ Btw PSI-Commandos are broken If at elite + inside BFs! ❤️ :P :D EDIT. You Only really should get Hungry Yuri Brutes. with the Genetic Mutator. ❤️ Spamming them via barracks and even with clone lab Is too costly to do.

Letting Ivan go leet with the more stuff he blows up is an interesting idea. Perhaps elite ivan's bombs can blow up faster, and he sprints across the map faster too. It would go well with this unit's character. Crazy fast! Crazy leet Ivan! run for it!

1 hour ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

@XGalaxyZ

What do you think about buffing the explosion range of Cuban terrorists, even moreso, only when rigged with Crazy Ivan bombs? I think more people would play as Cuba if this was the case.

Would be better though :P Aswell as give it more HP and better damage. along with letting it leave radiation behind when it explodes. Like how demo trucks. do that :D Also You can let crazy ivan strap bombs on 5 terrorists put them inside a flak track Go to any building and release them. :D That way it instantly explodes ❤️ 

On 8/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, XGalaxyZ said:

On 8/12/2021 at 10:39 AM, XGalaxyZ said:

They work all the time When i lead them. :P As My own Hungry Yuri Brutes! always WIN! Against every enemy player that i face! :D❤️ Because 1 Seal is not enough to stop my Hungry Yuri Brutes! ❤️ Since I ALWAYS SPAM YURI BRUTES VS THE AI PLAYERS! :3 :P And atleast 1000! To win all the time! :D As Hungry Yuri Brute spammers! Always WIN! :P

SCRN0040.thumb.jpg.c2b2a20cff2637ec59715e823ca3865c.jpgSCRN0041.thumb.jpg.182ab8926bcf13f3a053f27ece83bc31.jpgSCRN0042.thumb.jpg.d5bf16df79a458aa06cd9da60cd24ea3.jpgSCRN0043.thumb.jpg.c467884748a0bb453d297c8c8a7d30d8.jpgSCRN0044.thumb.jpg.ab516951f4f0d03cd96d03da714c7a43.jpgSCRN0045.thumb.jpg.42e5541dafdb34ed453d256bdb102dfa.jpgSCRN0046.thumb.jpg.ded8d6e3f90993009e97c0bd7dc0ecbd.jpg

• Upvote 1