My first map

Viper87

Well it's your first map so WELCOME and nice that you post it here!

There are players who like these synthetic maps (like very huge unnatural grass areas without some random elements). But I think about 80% of the players would love to see more variance in the terrain.

From a gameplay point of view I dislike the arrangement. The oil derricks are strange. And you have just very neat spots to get your tanks to the enemy. This will lead to some rocketeer action in early game. Maybe you test it in CNCnet.

Btw - don't take frequency too serious, he's a well known hater in this community.

16 hours ago, dirtybob said:

Well it's your first map so WELCOME and nice that you post it here!

There are players who like these synthetic maps (like very huge unnatural grass areas without some random elements). But I think about 80% of the players would love to see more variance in the terrain.

From a gameplay point of view I dislike the arrangement. The oil derricks are strange. And you have just very neat spots to get your tanks to the enemy. This will lead to some rocketeer action in early game. Maybe you test it in CNCnet.

Btw - don't take frequency too serious, he's a well known hater in this community.

Thanks for advices. 

I was starting to play on cncnet when i seen Kikematamitos gameplay on youtube, he made a lot of gameplays on small maps like "Extra Small" or "oil in te middle" and i want to make something similar because i dont knew how to make profesional maps so i made this small and symmetrical. I played on it many times on cncnet and it was really nice so i decide to post it here.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:27 AM, Viper87 said:

Last gameplay with @Kikematamitos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHKicXMADE&t=0s

btw how to embed a video ?

Is not posible embed the video something that i do is take the thumbnail and put a link there, for example: 

posted image

Also @FReQuEnZy This kind of maps make the game tactical, the tanks spamming not works at all here and you need to a smart use of the money that you have and think about is a FFA map so you need to put attention to all the players, for example, early V3 can be useful, Boris and BF to and Magnetron is very OP here, also a Kirov in late game can do a lot of damage. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dirtybob said:

Ore hub looks good. bit too much of green grass but in general a nice idea. i don't know if it is a good idea to have just 4 ore fields with no ore in the center - did u play this on cncnet - how was the dynamic?

Resources should be limited on this map imo its not neccessary to place ore on start, about green gras i like to keep maps clean and that dark grass is meant to direct players to dostroy barrels in the forest and make a passage to other player. i played on cncnet and it was nice

On 7/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, Kikematamitos said:

Also @FReQuEnZy This kind of maps make the game tactical, the tanks spamming not works at all here and you need to a smart use of the money that you have and think about is a FFA map so you need to put attention to all the players, for example, early V3 can be useful, Boris and BF to and Magnetron is very OP here, also a Kirov in late game can do a lot of damage. 

Yes, yes, I know. 
Please don't hijack his map thread with your BIG video thumbnails.
No way to embed videos at the moment, the forum software doesn't support it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/12/2018 at 4:12 PM, Viper87 said:

you need to destroy barrells in the middle or destroy oil derrics to attack from side, you can see that on my video

you forgot V3 launch unit.

this is actually great map. just saying.  there are not many maps where V3 is that useful.

3 hours ago, SmegmaLasagna said:

Pretty creative with the oil derricks

10 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

you forgot V3 launch unit.

this is actually great map. just saying.  there are not many maps where V3 is that useful.

3 hours ago, SmegmaLasagna said:

Pretty creative with the oil derricks

V3 is easy to block if you have AA units but it could some damage before that

Ok I need to tell you something i want to play all variants in a live stream tomorrow. 

wow thats great, what time ?

Edited by Viper87

Guess what, i made another map :D

Ore Keeper

Its meant to be FFA but you can play in 2 teams. 

Its for 4 players and in the middle for 1 cpu or you can leave that empty. 

this isnt final version i still trying to balance it, nice to see any suggestions.

btw i borrowed map scheme from @YosefAnan , sorry i have to

Download: 

ore keeper 0.75.map Oil derricks give 250$ every ~8 seconds

ore keeper 0.76.1.map Oil derricks give 125$ every ~8 seconds

ore keeper 0.77.1.map Oil derricks give 100$ every ~10 seconds

1864704834_OreKeeper0_75.thumb.png.81a73923d3bbb4e1e3a1a6052825c923.png

Edited by Viper87
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1