CnCNet not working with Multiseat gaming software.

Noddynod443

Question

Hello admins, My Problem is Centered Around Networking...

I have one computer that is "split" into two separate computers by using Softxpand, a multiseat gaming software:

Softxpand link:

http://miniframe.com

Youtube "demonstration" video:

https://youtu.be/Z1OFJtXSWHU

I am trying to play by LAN server.

Using station #1, CnCnet starts the lan server using the internal ip address 127.0.0.1 and hosts a game...

On station #2 CnCnet starts up the LAN lobby but doesn't startup the lanserver program because it is already running elsewhere on the computer (station #1). 

Station #2 can see and join station #1's game in the lobbie, but gets kicked due to connection error...

Somehow cncnet must be able to host and join on a multiseat computer setup...Perhaps:

.Fix cncnet and using ip address 127.0.0.1 

.edit the values in the cncnetlanserver.exe config file

.make an update for cncnet in make it compatible with multiseat software

Thank you Sirs,

Noddynod443

9 answers to this question

I just had a chance today to given the fix a try, and it worked great!!!!! :) :) :)

THANK VERY MUCH SIR!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

(using tiberian sun) I have to start the games on both work stations in windowed mode because I have both monitors connected to one graphics card (a geforce 730 gt 2gb ddr5 card) and softxpand can't handle fullscreen on both stations with just one graphics card...

I also have only one set of speakers and sound card, so the sound from both workstations comes through one.

I started tiberian sun in windowed mode using the GDI render mode (what ever that means) and the only difference I notice between fullscreen and the windowed setting i have now is that there is a weird "mic" sputter noise that occurs after every "sentence" that EVA says: "building" (sputter); "low power" (sputter); etc.

I don;t know if that is cause by my having both to one Graphics card, or because of one sound card, or because of the GDI render mode...

any thoughts as to why it makes this new noises?

Um... I have a new problem...

I am not able to run the Yuri's Revenge version of CnCNet on both workstations at the same time. and there is no option to change the game port.

Main problem is not able to run the CnCNetClientYR.exe program more than once on the one computer setup with the multiseat software softxpand...

Help please?

Hello Admins,

Never mind... I fixed the problem of starting the yuri's revenge CnCNet client on both workstations by using SandBoxie; a program that you can use to startup a duplicate of the same application.

SandBoxie link/info:

https://www.sandboxie.com/

Now my only problem is how to change the game port of Yuri's Revenge.

Help Please,

noddynod443

Hello!

I guess its just two ppl in the world trying to make CNC work with multiseat software... Yes i have tons of old pc laying around...but i want to run 4 seats on one and 2 seats on other computer... Now everything is working (CNC, red alert 1, red alert 2 (ofc using 4 network adapters plus 2 on other station )) until you come to Yuri's revenge...and after that... it all comes down to serial number beeing duplicated as there is room for only one entry in registry... (cos its one pc split to 4 seats)

Soo.. the way i think i can make this work is...

1. get different "lookup" of serial number from the game .. i read about wolapi.key

2. or my prefered one to add another registry entry for every instance of the game... which is installed in separete locations on the pc for every user...

...now the registry (and key) is simple to make from the net...https://www.regfiles.net/registry/command-conquer-red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-registry

But i have no knowledge on how to make it for game instance N#2, N#3,N#4, etc... (soo the game will lookup proper entry)

I did try like making Yuri's revenge 1, Yuri's revenge 2,... with different install paths in the registry... but no luck..

Now... is it possible or aim i doing the impossible?

Btw... i have several original games soo aim not pirating any of the games...

Any info on the topic would be great,

Drummi

Hello!

I guess its just two ppl in the world trying to make CNC work with multiseat software... Yes i have tons of old pc laying around...but i want to run 4 seats on one and 2 seats on other computer... Now everything is working (CNC, red alert 1, red alert 2 (ofc using 4 network adapters plus 2 on other station )) until you come to Yuri's revenge...and after that... it all comes down to serial number beeing duplicated as there is room for only one entry in registry... (cos its one pc split to 4 seats)

Soo.. the way i think i can make this work is...

1. get different "lookup" of serial number from the game .. i read about wolapi.key

2. or my prefered one to add another registry entry for every instance of the game... which is installed in separete locations on the pc for every user...

...now the registry (and key) is simple to make from the net...https://www.regfiles.net/registry/command-conquer-red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-registry

But i have no knowledge on how to make it for game instance N#2, N#3,N#4, etc... (soo the game will lookup proper entry)

I did try like making Yuri's revenge 1, Yuri's revenge 2,... with different install paths in the registry... but no luck..

Now... is it possible or aim i doing the impossible?

Btw... i have several original games soo aim not pirating any of the games...

Any info on the topic would be great,

Drummi

Update...

I did manage to get a game rip that works... its the WOLAPI.key. Just change the last number in editor... For now... Further testing will have to be done to see if it doesnt "blow up" after 10 minutes:)

Now on to Generals...