Tiberian Sun | Pink/Black screen on load and play

TPT

Question

On 1st August 2018 i tried to play online and on Skirmish. After setting games up (on both custom and standard maps) and launching, the load screen and subsequent gameplay would be purple and black with the resolution not quite as usual. This makes the game unplayable :(. My brother also experienced this on his laptop.

I have just tried again on Skirmish (Aug 3) and am experiencing the same problem. We both have Macs (relatively new, top condition) and have not tweaked any settings at all.

Have attached a screenshot to help (below).

Anyone know why this is and what the solution or fix is?

image.thumb.png.2b4e47b98e538b02a206f76b2cfa4418.png

Edited by TPT
clarity that its not just isolated to me

8 answers to this question

?after trying all sorts of combos, simply changing/experimenting with the resolution has managed to fix it; I'm a little more zoomed out (actually beneficial for my smaller screen laptop), but this seems to have solved the issue. I can play again :) !!!!!!!!!!!

All very strange as the issue occurred randomly after months of perfect gameplay. So glad its sorted ?

Thanks for all your help

This is the old 16bit color depth game running on a 32bit color depth screen problem. Normally that only happens in windowed mode, never in fullscreen. Are you running the game in a window?

Setting the renderer to Automatic should solve the problem.

Are you using the porting kit or our cncnet.app?

This is what i am using

image.thumb.png.bbc703cdbdb784a6ca51722b26d5d677.png

I have tried going online and getting the updates. When i set the renderer to automatic and try and launch a game i just get a black screen... i waited but my laptop forced itself onto my login screen and then everything had disappeared. I then heard the surrender sequence (from the game lol) about 5 minutes later. no idea where this came from.

Cool, so what are the exact settings you're using now? Maybe it can help others who got the same problem too.

Did the windowed mode actually work or you didn't try?

BTW, I just updated the macOS download and it got the full single player campaign for tiberian sun now too.

In case you are interested, get it here: http://funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/files/CnCNet.dmg