[WIP] [Tiberium Resurrection]

LucasSK

Greetings, in this way i want to announce upcoming campaign I am working on. I called it [Tiberium Resurrection] - it tells story after Nod mission Sheep's clothing (where NOD undercover as GDI mass-murdered mutants and captured Tratos), so the relationship between GDI and Mutants is really bad. It will contain 3 missions for now (maybe i will add more later), few multiplayer / skirmish maps and some changes to environment (New tiberium type, paved cliffs -  thanks to Holland.) It is not complete yet, however now I can tell that map will not be very big but there will be many triggers, and so i recommend you actually checking every black tile for text speech, bonus money or maybe something else :) . I will update  this topic so you can see my progress and maybe some screenshots soon. I want to release first mission in november. Also, if you have any suggestions / requests / wishes  / feedback, etc. just reply. Thats all for now, have a good day. 

CAMPAIGN MAPS

the Prologue

• Map progress: 100%
  • Trigger(s) progress: 100%
Spoiler

While Nod mass-murders mutants, 500 km further a small group of soldiers investigate a new tiberium mutation...

Primary Objective One: Investigate new tiberium mutation!

Primary Objective Two: Contact mutants, deadly force forbidden!

Propaganda Forecast

• Trigger(s) progress: 100%
Spoiler

Since Nod went undercover and mass-murdered mutants, public news channels have filled with their propaganda bullsh*t. Many villages in yellow zones are now hostile towards GDI forces. We need to stop Nod from spreading their false propaganda! Your taskforce will be sent to a Nod sector in Siberia where Nod has positioned their propaganda radars. Your task is to disable these radars and then eliminate all propaganda convoys in the nearby villages. Nod's influence is strong, but if you manage to weaken their defences we can send you reinforcements. Good luck Commander!

Primary Objective One: Destroy 3 Nod propaganda radars!

Primary Objective Two: Destroy 3 Nod propaganda convoys!

Primary Objective Three: Build a base and destroy Nod compound!

City Cleansing

• Map progress: 35%
  • Trigger(s) progress: 15%
Spoiler

Meanwhile, Nod has invented and built a station for a prototype system that can be used to control tiberium lifeforms. This prototype is not finished yet, but if it is completed Nod will be able to control any mutated lifeform. Unfortunately, this radar has been located in the middle of a civilian city. We must avoid collateral damage. Your first task is to silently disable the radar. Then you must build a base and mop 'em up. Good luck Commander!

Primary Objective One: Disable the Nod radar without being noticed!

Primary Objective Two: Wipe out all Nod forces. Keep civilian casualties to a minimum!

the Final Battle

• Map progress: 
  • Trigger(s) progress: 
Spoiler

Is it? It can't be... Commander, you have to see this by yourself!

SKIRMISH MAPS

Fields of Insurgency (2-4 players)

Islands of Destruction (2 players)

Tiber River (2-5 players)

• Map progress: 90%

LAUNCH TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9j5Cz6IZOQ

OFFICIAL DISCORD: https://discord.gg/jwRerrV

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8zyy6ewoayh1wrv/Tiberium_Resurrection_5.0.zip/file

MODDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberium-resurrection

Do not forget to report bugs and share your opinions about this project!

Edited by LucasSK
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hey everyone. Update time. Actually I am experiencing problems with map (for unknown reason all trees look same and fonas selection has doubled) and I am working on fix to be able to continue. What i have made is full briefing for all three maps (added them to post above) and added objectives to them. I will update as soon as possible and maybe also with screenshots :) .

Have a good day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! 2nd Update time I have been working on past week and here is what I got :) 

- I have fixed problems listed above

- Made progress on 1st map (will update post later)

- Campaign will now include few new audio tracks and main menu design will be changed (probably), so it will look better (and special)

- Resolution will be pre-set to 1280x720, (which I recommend) however you can change it in sun.ini

- 1 of skirmish (or multiplayer) maps will be tower defense [Holland will hopefully help me]

- And of course SCREENSHOTS!! I apologise for only two of them and both cut to show you just part of screen however there will be more coming (including videos with map making and/or small gameplay)

Beginning of the first mission

You can also help people you come-across

I promise I will update as soon as possible :) Have a good day.

Edited by LucasSK

Hey! 3rd Update time. This week I focused on other stuff :) .

- Made logo for [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] and of me (put them to my profile)

1.thumb.png.6d0e842bc1eb85215d5b9069aa40c696.png

- Created YouTube channel for [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] -  If you want to be ´´informed´´ be sure to  subscribe - I already put there video of map making - VIDEO + CHANNEL

- Changed rules.ini - lightposts light range changed, some unit stats changes,...

- First soundtrack added - To be feared  by Frank Klepacki - Not sure but I think it was in first c&c, however I think it fits perfectly in atmosphere of [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION

Thats everything for now, also I would appreciate your feedback on new logo and soundtrack :)

As always I will update as soon as possible. Have a good day!

Edited by LucasSK
Video OUT!!

Hey!! 4th update time... This was really busy week for me (and I am trying to make announcements and updates every weekend) so this one will be shorter than the last. I am sorry.

- Map progress + updated main post (now you can see my progress in triggers and map)

Veinholes, highway and small village...

- A bit updated objectives in first map (not yet in main post)

- Actually I am thinking about release date for first map - will be surely in december. I will specify it in next update time (1.12.2018 or so)

I am having problems again... I set units to be in sleep mode and set them facing certain direction, however in map they are all looking same direction - any help appreciated. Also feel free to leave your opinions by replying to this post :) 

Edited by LucasSK
Update
  • Upvote 1

Hey fellas. 5th update time - Special one I guess... It has been exactly 31 days since I have announced [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] so I think you deserve release date and some other stuff as well. Here we go:

- Picked release date! - 23.12.2018
  - Plan: 7 days to finish map / 10 days to finish triggers and story / 2 days to finish .ini files,... / 3 days for testing 

- Map (+7,5%) and triggers (+5%) progress (now also in main post)

- I will try to make trailer or something like that. Even maybe this year!

- Second sonundtrack will be ´´Trouble´´ by Holland - you will be able to hear in 2nd map making video (next saturday)

- New Tiberium type: RED Tiberium (probably with RED mold)

As always - any feedback appreciated, have a good day!

Edited by LucasSK
Update

Hey everyone. 6th update time is here! I see that views on this post are growing and I am really happy for that. Thank you so much for support and patience. Good news - everything is going according to plan mentioned in 5th update time!!. Here we go:

- Map completed (+30%), trigger progress (+5%) - post updated

- Released Second map making video with new soundtrack ´´Trouble´´ - by Hollandhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pehql6Sz3RE

- I will re-create this post to ppmsite so more people can know about this project (till next update time)

- If video was not enough, here is screenshot (a bit older, but you have not seen it yet)!  Peaceful city

Any feedback appreciated, thanks for your support and sorry for a bit late update time :)

See ya next update time (Saturday - 15.12.2018)

Edited by LucasSK
Update

7th update time on its way! Hey everyone. It has been another week since update time. Actually a bit slower than expected.

- Finished part ´´.ini files´´

- Triggers progress (+5%)

- Updated briefing in first mission (+removed toxin troopers)

- ppmsite post created! You can support me there as well :) - https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=575267#575267

Yeah :(. Thats everything, however I will work on this more next week. Here is plan.

Plan

As always - have a good day and do not forget to leave your opinions.

I hope you keep the same level of enthusiasm until you've completed it; there have been countless mods that seemed promising at the start but barely even made it past beta, or even alpha, stages. Can we see some gameplay videos, or pictures of the units (even hand-drawn concept art would be pretty cool) that you've created so far? How come you haven't put this on moddb.com? Are you going to release a beta version before the holidays? Have you made any other mods?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fir3w0rx said:

I hope you keep the same level of enthusiasm until you've completed it; there have been countless mods that seemed promising at the start but barely even made it past beta, or even alpha, stages.

Yeah - I know, even I actually started making this in January but I... well... failed. I will do my best to not fail you.

Can we see some gameplay videos, or pictures of the units (even hand-drawn concept art would be pretty cool) that you've created so far?

Yeah, I mentioned gameplay in 7th update time + there are map making videos on YouTube (mentioned in 6th update time), however this project will not contain new units for now. The thing is that well this is small map pack with some changes to stuff, so it is not thoroughbred mod but I can assure you that later (maybe when second map comes out) there will be much more new stuff :) I am not so skilled in making units, voxels, etc. But I tried, and its fun so maybe...

How come you haven't put this on moddb.com? 

I do not know. Good idea! 

Are you going to release a beta version before the holidays? 

Yeah, I mentioned it in 5th update time above. 23.12.2018 (NOTE: It may change)

Have you made any other mods?

Not yet, but I am 100% sure this is not my last project :) 

Thats it, hope I answered all of your questions. Actually thanks for asking cause maybe more people were not sure about this stuff. I hope you are reading this and If there is anything more you want to know just comment or message me :) Have a good day.

1 hour ago, LucasSK said:

I will do my best to not fail you.

Oh wow I feel so special :D. Just joking, I know you mean all of us mod fans.

1 hour ago, LucasSK said:

Yeah, I mentioned it in 5th update time above. 23.12.2018 (NOTE: It may change)

Ah, ok, I didn't see that. I plan to stay home most of these holidays so I look forward to this :).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone. 8th update time. Purpose of this ´´mid-week´´ update time is to tell you about progress. This was once again busy week, so progress is slower. But I will do my best to finish it, however date may change to 24.12.2018. I will specify at next update time (Saturday) 22.12.

See ya.

Edited by LucasSK

Hello there! 9th update time and probably last one before actual release. Thing is that progress on triggers is much slower than expected... Mainly cause of 2 reasons I did not count with. 1st - so many bugs and glitches. everywhere. more than ever :( 2nd - holidays, and actually less time to work on this project.

Good thing is that today (23.12) I will release "premiere" of gameplay at 18:00 / 6pm UTC+1 CET. You can check it now... Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3P61igPzTY

Edited by LucasSK
Premiere link out!

• 2 weeks later...

HEY EVERYONE

Yeah, yeah - I know, I know.  What happened? Simple: bugs and no ideas from my side. It was (and still is) really hard for me to come up with story for map... As I mentioned, there are many triggers and so it takes long time to test it. Good thing is that most of bugs are fixed, but there is still long way before me (us). So, I ask you to be patient, support me and give me needed time. I believe that its better to release map even if month later - fixed and working fine, than releasing it sooner with bugs, uncompleted story,... I believe that your fate in [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] and me did not disappear. I hope you are still as hyped as me, as we were at the beginning of this journey. So, I will let you know at least week before releasing first map.Also when I firstly announced this project I did not even dream about this... Believe me, it will be amazing... I have ideas, help (Holland :) ) and hopefully your support... SORRY

If you have any questions regarding anything feel free to ask.

Meanwhile, I have something to shorten your waiting. 5th January (Saturday), I should probably make update time, huh? No. Instead there will be premiere of map making. But not campaign. Skirmish map.called [TIBERIUM DIVISION]... I will specify time and attach link to premiere tomorrow in this post. Then, right when video ends I will publish map. I know, its not much. But I believe you will enjoy it. And yeah, video will feature 2nd version of Hollands ´´Trouble´´. So see ya there. As always, be there sooner and we may chat.

Have a good day and happy new year :)

Edited by LucasSK

Premiere of map making [TIBERIUM DIVISION] will be out 5th January 19:00 (7pm) UTC+1 CET. Right when the video ends I will publish map in this topic. Be sure to be here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDqSuPaXUs . Be there sooner so we may chat.

Also, I have sent map to Holland for ´´early-access´´.

See ya and have a good day. :) 

Edited by LucasSK
Premiere link out!

1 000 views on cncnet post and 450 views on ppmsite

I just want to say HUUUGE thanks to everyone who was (and is) in this journey with me... It is amazing experience for me (as this is my first mod) and hopefully for you as well... I know I am slow :D, I know that on [TIBERIUM DIVISION] were some problems and bugs, so I am releasing [TIBERIUM DIVISION v2]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dou5k7pm9tjptr9/[TR]+Skirmish.zip

Changelog:

-bridges no longer destroyable

-removed walls nearby player spawns

-small map adjustments

-trigger changes

-added [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] songs (To be Feared, Trouble)

Also do not forget to leave your opinions and feedback (most importantly) here :).

See ya at 10th update time (next saturday).

Edited by LucasSK

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there :) 10th update time on its way... So, I made HUGE progress in past two weeks. I have hardest part behind me (hopefully) and now easier parts came to my attention. To help you see my progress and to understand I divided main post progress percentage into 3 groups:

1st - single unit - You control one unit.

2nd - partial control - You control some buildings, but you can not build new.

3rd - total control - You control everything including MCV.

So, from now on I am stopping ´´update times´´ for uncertain length. Reason I did this is simple - there is nothing more or less than percentage to inform you about. When there will be something more/special to inform you about I will make another update time. And you will be able to see my progress above (in main post) through percentage which I will update 3 times a week. Any feedback appreciated. See ya and have a good day.

Additional informations:

- update time will be next saturday after reaching 75% on 3rd part

- percentage updates in main post will now include dates of progress (1.2.2019 /+2%/ etc.)

Edited by LucasSK
Additional informations

• 1 month later...

Hello commanders! As you may have noticed, last few months were very hectic for this project. Progress stopped as I did not notice any demand / feedback from your side. So I discussed it with Holland and we came up with solution:

I am still having big problems with FinalSun - specifically with triggers. To make one work it takes up to 5 changes. Meanwhile I also have my personal life, so I do not always have time to continue, but I did not forget about this project!

As mentioned above, I divided map into 3 parts. 1st is completed, 2nd is half-way done and 3rd not at all. So, I will finish (and try to fix) 2nd part, make a bit of an ending and release the map. I will wait for your opinions / demand / feelings about it and based on that I will decide whether I should continue with project (all 3 planned maps!) or no... So future of this project depends mostly on you.

I am working on it right now and I will announce release date next Saturday (4th May).

See ya soon :) and as always feel free to tell me your opinions.

Edited by LucasSK

Welcome to jurassic park 11th update time! In this one I want to give you full overview about stuff in map and some information as well. So,...

- release date: 19th May (in 1 week)!

- next week update time will also feature gameplay and map-making video -> 11th May, 18:00 / 6pm CEST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eURJfsbGVJESee ya there :P

These are 2 most important news, but I also want to tell you about story in BETA (so far).

You will be tasked to contact mutants with Ghost Stalker (1st part). On the way there you will encounter many elements such as life-forms, side missions or small in-game events. When you get there, you will find out mutants are angrier than expected. Later (2nd part), you will have to fend off mutant attack from old base, rescue stranded civilians and get them to safety. Finally, you will check radar base and finish the game! (NOTE: there is one not-mentioned story-related  fact)

Edited by LucasSK
Premiere time and link!

Hello everybody, I am here to remind you that this week's update time will not happen. Reason? - there is nothing new to inform you about (I am finishing map, etc.). However, if you have any questions about anything related to this project feel free to ask at upcoming video premiere, where you will also see my longest map making so far (over 20 minutes) and gameplay comparison video - 18:00 / 6pm CEST - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eURJfsbGVJE - See ya there :P 

PS: Launch update time will be next Sunday (19th May)

Edited by LucasSK