Tiberian Dawn - Green Death (Single Player)

Hi there. I am new in this forum. But I love C&C games for a long time. I wish to share the mission I've made. This is my first mission and I am taking my first steps in mission making so please be tolerant.

Mission starts in the south-west corner of the map in the deep forest with only a comando. You are ordered to destroy enemy tiberium silos. You will be supported by further reinforcements.

I attach a detailed tutorial because some parts may be unclear. Of course reading it may cause losing some pleasure from playing.

Name: 'Green Death'

Map Size: 'Height=62 Width=62'

Side: 'GDI'

Installation: copy files into C&C directory and mission will be accessible from the "New missions" menu.

I present some screenshots here. Any comments are welcomed  :)

image4.jpg.91c913978707d01463fefc4cd42a038e.jpg

image1.jpg.c58189c6e66d6c8946569bad9d4cc10c.jpg

image3.jpg.eecb6676a55e77979d947fe77c0fdbc8.jpg

scg95ea.rar

Hi Ghost Stalker,

I didn't play your mission to the end, so I'll just ponder some aspects:

- Can you make the briefing clearer? I mean, the briefing should combat the anxiety of the player telling him/her what are the essentials to accomplish the mission. Also, I'm not implying that all briefings should be clear, but it seems that you've tried to be clear, so this is different than trying to make a mistery;

That would be a suggestion for what I've understood so far:

1=Nod is developing a chemical missile in a compound in this sector. It's in a well guarded

2=base, North to your position but you will have to take over an outpost to the east first.

3=Expect a lot of Nod infantry and take down SAM sites to secure our landing zones.

4=This way we can provide you a consistent attack force to wipe them out."

- The Harvester should go to a WP and stay there or should it Harvest? If so, this might be the end of your teamtype >>> move:N,Harvest:99,0,0

- If you want a team to go to a spot and then attack units, the parameter unit for the command MOVE is the WAYPOINT and the parameter unit for the command ATTACK UNITS is TIME. So >>> MOVE:N,ATTACK UNITS:30 or 50 or 99. If you put MOVE:5,ATTACK UNITS:5 it might not be enough time if the units attacked are far away;

General comments:

- Commando missions are always a lot of walk and it seems you've reflected all the details and traps related to this kind of mission.

I'm not referring to the usual hidden troops but the decisions that should be done carefully;

- The INI seems to have few triggers and teamtypes. If this is enough than it will be an interesting mission. In the other hand there is a lot of troops, because of it;

- I'm really sensing a lack of a TIME+CREATE TEAM loopy trigger (harassment) to hurry up the player, putting pressure over the decision making process.

But you don't have to change this mission if you consider it done. Leave it to the next one. Not everything must be done in the first mission, I guess;

- The village and the civilians shouldn't be allied to Nod unless that would be intentional for some desired effect, like the use of "DISCOVERED" or "ATTACKED" command.

I mean, the side that we expect to kill villagers is the Nod side. If you don't want them to be killed by Nod also, then they should ally to both sides.

\edit

The village and the civilians shouldn't be enemies to the player unless ...

The Map is cool and I think it is worth playing. :beer:

1. Actually the harvester goes to certain place and starts to harvest  :roll: probably you don't know it because you only skimmed through the ini file and the mission.

2. All the teams in this mission start to attack player in the way I wanted to so there's no need to change it. But thanks for the tip anyway.

3. Civilians are allied with Nod because I simply didn't want the village to be destroyed by Nod, I just wanted these buildings to stay there. But in the other hand I wanted player to have an opportunity to destroy them, for some reason, so I made them Neutrals.

4. Maybe the briefing is not too good but I won't change it. The main objective is just to destroy the silos. It's up to the player how will he achieve it.

5. I leave loopy triggers for possible future attempt. I plan to create one more mission, with lots of such a things and base building. It would be this time for Nod, personally my favourite side.

Thanks for the feedback  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

3. Civilians are allied with Nod because I simply didn't want the village to be destroyed by Nod, I just wanted these buildings to stay there. But in the other hand I wanted player to have an opportunity to destroy them, for some reason, so I made them Neutrals.

Do note that if they're from the actual Neutral house, destroying them is never a good idea as GDI, since all Neutral house losses are seen as GDI losses on the score screen.

• 3 years later...

I took more losses than needed because the 2 power stations you can take are still not enough to charge the ion cannon even if you repair them both to perfect state, also my vehicles would shoot civillians automatically and that shouldn't be happening unles they are on NOD's side.

But despie that I really enjoyed the mission! I don't see why so many people don't know what to do, perhaps I'm a more patient and effective commander ;)

Strange. Power plants give 100, and the ACC needs 200. Did you have anything else?

As for the civilians, actually, them being allied with Nod is not an issue at all. The only thing that matters is that they are not allied with GDI. He could've just allied them with both to avoid that problem.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Darkstar387 said:

Welcome to the forum ghost! I Can't wait to play your mission and I look forward to seeing more from you. It always warms my heart to see this community expand and bare fruit. 

Don't get too excited, DS :P This is a mission from 2011!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, Nyerguds said:

Strange. Power plants give 100, and the ACC needs 200. Did you have anything else?

As for the civilians, actually, them being allied with Nod is not an issue at all. The only thing that matters is that they are not allied with GDI. He could've just allied them with both to avoid that problem.

Now I think about it I didn't sell the Hand of Nod... My mistake.