• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EatMyCar

Tiberian Sun acting up on Mojave.

Question

Hi!

OSX Mojave user here.

I tried installing the SP campaign, etc for Tiberian Sun today and I got this strange popup:

"Linux/Mac: Please make sure either Wine+winetricks dotnet 2.0 or Crossover is installed to be able to play online".

I tapped OK since I'm not going online, then it gives me the list of things I want to install. I select all, and it won't install them. It gets to 99% and says it can't install them, so I uncheck everything and just select Single Player missions. it works! Weird. Map editor installed fine too on a second go-around as well as desktop shortcuts. It seems to not want to install music or movies... grr.

So it goes back to the main menu and I pick Single Player, and I just get the Tiberian Sun main menu in an all-black screen (I can hear the ambient music, the buttons when I roll my mouse over them, but it's just all black). What's the deal here? 

6 answers to this question

About the first bug with the movies... I have no idea what it's about yet, it seems like it started to happen recently (You're now the second person to report it). We didn't change anything, maybe it's related to a macOS update.

If you get a black screen with the cncnet app then maybe you just didn't see the popup that asked you for permissions. You will have to CMD+TAB back to the desktop and a there should be a popup asking for “Accessibility” permissions.

If there is no popup, there is also another way to add it manually, someone made a tutorial for it for another app, but you can follow their instructions and just add the CnCNet.app rather than the app they mentioned https://help.rescuetime.com/article/59-how-do-i-enable-accessibility-permissions-on-mac-osx

Same problem for me I'm on my MacBook Pro and get a Black screen even on skirmish mode.

OK. I followed the instructions you sent so far and... well, it's acting finicky still.

I booted up CnCNet, selected TS, got the main menu and picked Single Player. Computer freezes, keeps playing sound and music and the cursor moves, but it's totally unresponsive for a good few minutes. Then CnCNet crashes and it refuses to open when I click the icon. I opened up force quit to shut it down if it was still running, and it isn't even an option. It's off, but unresponsive.

Did you already try to play around with the different renderers? ddwrapper usually works fine as an alternative on macOS

So, I tried to do what Funky said and play around with different renderers. Now, when I click on the CnCNet icon my whole computer freezes, except the cursor can move. Ugh.

Is there a log report I can submit? Like an except.txt for the whole thing? Should I downgrade from Mojave?

You could try to play around with the wineskin setting, there should also be a test run button that can generate logs. Right click the app, choose show package contents and in there you should find the wineskin app.

I have no idea why it would work for some players and for others it doesn't...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AndrewFord
      on the CncNet5 (RA, TS, TD version) there is usually a flashing green button that says "streaming" whenever someone is live on twitch but it doesn't show anymore. When shall this be fixed.
    • By Nah
      Hi,

I have some questions regarding Final Sun.

Why does every time when I'm reloading my map in the editor the shape of all the Ice Ramps randomly get changed?

Am I missing an option to disable  this behavior (slope correction is disabled) regarding the slope logic and the Terrain Ground 0009 feature?
      I'm using Final Sun that comes with the installer from https://cnc-comm.com/tiberian-sun/downloads/the-game/installer.

Before

and after reloading:

• By Noyjitat
      I played around a bit in tibed and was thinking. Wouldn't it be cool to have a mod that has the rules of c&c renegade but in an rts c&c game?
      Example:
      Guard towers fire quicker, have longer range and are more armored and nearly 1 shot most vehicles.
      Guard towers have line of sight rules meaning infantry and tanks that are really close to buildings and tall objects can avoid being fired upon. (not sure if this even possible)
      You only get 1 guard tower with the exception of 2 - 4 pillboxes or Gun turrets
      You get 1 refinery with a small amount of credits slowly accumulating overtime and then credit dumps as normal when a harvester returns
      Each team is limited to 6 tanks
      Engineer repairs infantry, tanks and structures over time
      I'm  not sure how c4 and stuff would work. Maybe something in the form of an ivan bomb and you need 4 of them placed on a structure to go off in order to destroy it? Engineers should also be able to remove this.
      Vehicle and infantry fire power, rate of fire should be increased to match the values in renegade.
      Beacon placement for super weapons. A soldier drops the beacon and then it has a count down. Can be removed by engineer.
      Beacon placements on barricks ends the match unless removed by engineer/advanced engineer
      Advanced engineers: Hotwire / Nod technicians repair faster, deploy mines, shorter fuse ivan bomb?
      engineers/ advanced engineers equipped with pistols
      The game should basically all the renegade troops you could purchase such as havoc, sakura, etc with the same role sniping, rail gun etc.
      All aircraft replaced by helicopters/orcas, all infantry/vehicles able to hit them with snipers and rocket soldiers doing the most infantry damage to them. 

Basically an exact copy of the renegade game as close as you can get it but in the form of the many rts c&c games we have now. Though i think you'd want to put an limit on the amount infantry just like most renegade servers could only hand so many players. I think 70 was the biggest I remember back in the day on the renstation server.

• By Techstorm
      Hey, so I want to recommend the classic C&Cs to some people I know, and they may be more likely to try it if it's free. However, while the first free C&C games were released as freeware, the primary sources of downloads are down, the only way is through 3rd party mirrors and the C&C Ultimate Collection includes them for a price. So are the first three games still considered freeware?
    • By s.kums
      Hi all,

In the original C&C Tiberian Sun you could configure a spy by adding the attribute Disguised=yes to the configuration section of a unit in rules.ini. The unit would then appear as an allied rifle soldier to enemies. It seems this attribute has no effect in the Cncnet version of Tiberian Sun, since my supposed spy is attacked by enemy units when they see him. Is there any way to get this feature back?
      Many thanks for any feedback!