in lobby, games list is is empty or has only 1 or 2 games

Dark Horse

Question

hello, I was thrilled to find CnCNet recently.  My friend and I both found your site a few weeks ago and have been enormously grateful for it.  Things were working well and then I decided to upgrade from Win 7 to 10 due to the fact that Win 7 will no longer be supported in mid Jan 2020.  I reinstalled Yuri's Revenge as well as the CnC client for YR.  Now when I enter the game lobby I cannot see the usual list of ongoing games.  The list has zero to 2 games that show up.  I can see players listed, including my friend, but if I create a game he cannot see it and if vice versa.  I am at a loss as to why I seem to be isolated in terms of the game list.  I can see the usual lobby messages and can also see the player list.  Any help you can provide would be tremendously appreciated. 

Kind regards

2 answers to this question

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

On 1/6/2020 at 3:46 AM, Grant said:

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

Thank you for your reply. : )   Here is the log file.  Today I can see a few more games, but only about 6, even though there are many more.  I know this because I have Windows 7 on my old hard drive and if I select that as my boot drive I am able to use CnCnet normally.  It is only when I boot to Windows 10 that I have this odd situation of only seeing a few games in the lobby.  On a side note, I get flagged that there is an update available for RA YR (5.5), but when I click the link to see the change log I get routed to the CnCnet forum and the link there sends me to github.  At github there are update files to download/source code, but I do not see a change log.  where is the actual change log posted?  In case you are wondering, I have not installed that update on my Windows 7 hard drive either and as mentioned above that has not been a problem.  

client.log