Tiberian Dawn - The Huge Collection (single player)

Chimas

Thankfully, C&C1 missions are pretty easy to understand just from looking at them a bit. In RA, there's hardly any text left in the triggers and such; it's all just rows of comma separated numbers O_o

Well yes, it is easy to read once you know all the shortnames.

Now it looks to me like IF THEN ELSE with cordinates. :-)

and big help was google that got me to jonc101 where I found cncmaker.txt file

Ah. I see... and, I assume, as long as the "unload" command isn't finished, they never progress on to the "attack base" one, meaning they never move out of the way, either... :huh:

Yes! they just stay there doing nothing if all units don't go out of chinook.

I will play other campaigns from SCG090.MIX and report if some other one is not working. It is realy nice to see all those missions in one big mega pack, especially when they work as they should.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jadran,

Thanks for trying out the missions. I'll have a look in your corrections and if they make sense as they look like, I'll keep them.

I'll have a look in the next few days/weekend.

\edit

I think I have visited this site before, I'll check in the weekend.

I was happy thinking the files were there, but no ...

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Facing more than 600 options, some players asked for game references , so, a PDF called the Player Guide. was added to the COVER of this thread.

These missions are not supposed to be the best ones. Actually, it's difficult to please players once they often come from the Multiplayer scene and whatever you say it's a difficult mission, they claim it is not.

The Player Guide as of to this date is a DRAFT and I plan to reach around 20 reference missions. I'm also pointing to the Single player section of this forum, because the latest missions done by the community are already more complex than the old ones. But, for a while, none of them will be in the Player Guide.

Now, as a consequence of this document, I'm asking anyone willing to play C&C to choose one of the following Authors and tell me which is his most interesting mission to put in the player guide (or two, when there are GDI and Nod missions):

• Kristian Tuszynski: 4 GDI - SCG136, SCG137, SCG138 and SCG139;
  • Al Paterson: 4 GDI - SCG116, SCG127, SCG175 and SCG300;
  • Matchman: 4 Nod - SCB204, SCB205, SCB206 and SCB207;
  • Mike DeSeve: 4 Nod - SCB111, SCB112, SCB115 and SCB124;
  • Gary Bryson: 11 (8 GDI and 3 Nod missions) SCG249 to SCG256, SCB102, SCB129 and SCB130;
  • Mel Olson: 15 (10 GDI and 5 Nod missions) SCG149, SCG161, SCG215, CSG216, SCG263 to SCG268, SCB131-SCB135;
  • Jeff Fehric: 22 GDI missions - SCG110, SCG115, SCG122, SCG123, SCG124, SCG125, SCG171, SCG177, SCG231, SCG232, SCG234, SCG235, SCG236, SCG237, SCG238, SCG320, SCG330, SCG334.

Greetings

• 2 months later...

Hey Lightning, good to see you.

Things I'm doing now:

- DONE! - Finding a new service to replace Mediafire which is discontinuing their PC app - moved to MEGA (links 1) and CUBBY (links 2);

- I'm listing all new files in the INDEX as "not released yet", so ppl can track what is processed and published and what is not;

- Maybe later a new SP missions pack.

Btw, if you have played one PACK as a whole, let me know which mission you'd recommend in there. I'm making a Player guide to tell ppl where to start playing TD (the collection can be overwhelming).

Hi,

With recent additions by DarkStar, Nariac and MattAttack, amongst others, the numbers have varied a little, enlarging the collection. In the last count, it was 637.

Take a look:

::: Inventory Survey :::

743 single player missions - Estimated 77 % of the project achieved in its actual size.

GDI

Nod

General

Released   

Total

Released

Total

Released

Total

Single player

Campaigns

Mini-campaigns

DOS format

TOTAL                      

::: Visitors :::

9by24pdfdmj.png

The new missions were not added yet, just listed and waiting to be released.

Anyway, The pack GDI300 has been updated  ::: Link1 ::: Link2 ::: 

Edited by Chimas

Yeah and if you're planning on adding my "pros" campaign to your collection, keep in mind a lot of the missions have to remain named the same because a lot of them are going to utilize stuff hard-coded into the game for those specific mission numbers.  For example, Nod 11 will revolve around a "CHAN" trigger which won't work if the mission is renamed something other than "scb11ea/eb" -- I was meaning to tell you that for a while....

But otherwise, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Yes, I'm gonna give some attention now to old campaigns not published, that will buy some time.

I also wanted to tell you (with the update in the inventory) that you guys were not forgotten.

I also have to play many of your missions that I haven't yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On Tiberian Dawn, no.

A friend asked me to try out CnC 3 Tiberium Wars to play his single player map, so I'm dedicating some time to this game. Real cool game.

I'm trying to find more time, like 3 days in a row, to publish more stuff in the huge collection, but life has been punitive.

The player guide needs more missions, so ppl can find the good old maps first.

The guide is poor right now and I have to find a way to tell players about our current community and the rich production we are having.

A friend asked me to try out CnC 3 Tiberium Wars to play his single player map, so I'm dedicating some time to this game. Real cool game.

C&C3 is the only other C&C game which came close to bringing back the feels of Tiberian Dawn for me. I really enjoyed playing that game and it felt like coming home.

I really enjoyed playing that game and it felt like coming home.

No wonder why EA is taking so much time to come with another CnC game in Tiberium setting.

This game is TD in 3D with some awful units and many other great units, not to mention, the AI is a hammer (for an average player like me).

I'm not migrating to TW, but I'm glad I can find a cool RTS out there meanwhile (other) new games are under development. Right now, I'm in GDI campaign, Nod comes later and Kane's wrath by last. Real good deal in Steam, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid EA isn't taking there time, they flat out abandoned this series. They were unable to comprehend and replicate what made Westwood's series so great. They had something unique with Generals, but they shagged that too when they tried to make a Free-to-Play sequel.

Westwood's absorption into EA was painful to watch.

• 1 month later...

Hallo Commander!

I'm gonna give some attention to Nod missions in the next weeks, it will be the SCB220 pack.

It will list Matt Attack, Nariac and DarkStar missions, now that most of them are revised and running fine. I say weeks because I want to play some of them.

I know all of these missions are available in the community and don't represent any novelty, but it's a way to get the project back on track.

And remember that these missions are made by unmercyful pros, so bring tissues.

Ah, yes, I'll have to change one of the clouds again (damn Cubby).

Greetings!

Looking forward to it, Chimas!  I think your time spent on including all the missions released in the last 5 years or so is a good idea.  As much as we all like all the documentation you do, I feel like a lot of the missions released in recent days are being forgotten, and I'm sure download links are starting to die.  Before that happens, they need to be added to the collection!  Even if you don't have time to write in-depth documentation on them, it would at least be good to get them archived before they are lost forever.  :)