Tiberian Dawn - The Huge Collection (single player)

Chimas

Hey Solo... the mission "War Zone" (unknown author), listed as "SCG119EA"... do you have a readme for that? Because I do, and it lists an email address "[email protected]". I suggest filling that "Esam1" in as author name. In fact, email or name part of the email seems like a good substitute in general when there is no name.

Also, the dimensions should be Width x Height, right? Because for the mission "Troopers" I think you copied the dimensions from the readme, which says 40x60 instead of 60x40.

(yes, I got a mission pack I'm working my way through ;))

Agh, I'll just post the links here.

"Conqueror's Additional II"

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/HyD28pNxQiixYEiIpZ4s

"Best of Select Games Special 5"

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/8kYFPz9STQtyBWI10jwZ

I went through the first one, and the mission packs are annoyingly named (PRG#, with # a number from 1 to 100); you need to unpack them to know their contents. But just to save you some work, these numbers are savegame-only ones:

2, 3, 7, 8, 11, 15, 20, 32, 33, 36, 37, 39, 41, 45, 48, 52, 53, 55, 56, 63, 65, 67, 69, 73, 74, 77, 79, 80, 83, 87, 88, 93

1) Warzone

Done!

Strange enough I adopted it in the ZIP file name and put "unknown" in the rest.

2) troopers

Hmmm, this might be a created headache that I'll have to check.

I open the INI and copy it in the order it appears, but there might be missions that invert it, so I did it without checking, probably because most of the missions are squared.

I'm probably using HxW, I'll have a look on this.

If there is a convention saying the opposite I can change, no probs, also.

3) the 2 new packs

Some stuff in there that might be interesting, I'll have a thorough look during the next weeks.

Just to let you know how I pre-organize things when I find them

A - I keep the RARs, ZIPs and ISOs as is, like raw material

B - I create folders with the following names and drop everything on each category

SAV - Saved games

MP - Multiplayer maps

SP - single player maps

DINOs - Maps with dinos

EXE - maps with "alien" files like BAT, PAT or EXE

C - lastly I examine the SP folder and catalog in a SC... folder

4) Thanks, once again

5) Enjoy

I'm studying the "Hallfiry" packs and there are some missions released that are actually a sequel of other missions, so i'll probably be replacing them.

For example, Alexander Klietz missions will become SCG233 and SCG239 and as soon I have the pack fixed I'll update it online.

At least 2 other missions will be relocated.

In a few days, I'll tell more.

\edit

btw, I'm preparing a player guide, so ppl can choose the best criteria before choosing the mission.

It will take a week.

Updates:

1)

So, All GDI missions were  updated to present more data in the New Missions menu.

They now present their number, author, mission and whenever there is space theater (T, D, W, S) and size (HxW).

Example: GDI: 317: Chimas - Sandscorpio: D-62x62

2)

Later this month, I'll do the same with Nod missions.

3)

A few missions were relocated as referred in the last post;

4)

20 new missions were enabled in SCG300 pack, now it contains 40 missions.

Later this week I'll update the cover and the list.

Size should really be W*H, though.... dimensions are normally ALWAYS listed as X*Y.

The adding of numbers is a nice idea. Adds a lot more structure in the list. Personally I'd put the author behind the mission name, though, and not bother with the size and theater at all.

• 2 weeks later...

For example, Alexander Klietz missions will become SCG233 and SCG239 and as soon I have the pack fixed I'll update it online.

Hello Chimas, thanks for having me (or rather my missions) in the SCG220 pack now. This collection you are publishing is really great, thanks for the work involved. I played some of them and there are real gems included.

Just one note: You didn't use the latest version of my missions, which means my german briefings and some changes to the readme are not included. This is not a big issue, however. Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings

Alex

Thanks, Alex.

I'll update in the weekend. When it's done, I'll update this post. I tried one of them but haven't finished yet, a lot of SAMs to wipe out.

I'm lazy and haven't saved the mission, so I have to start all over, pretty dumb. After I fix I'll try the other one. Greetings!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

14 missions = 5 mini-campaigns released in SCG900

Estimate  81,1 %  of the project achieved in its actual size.

Direct Catalog Update: Link1 ::: Link2

+5 mini-campaigns by the end of the weekend later, probably finishing the GDI mini-campaigns* section

+ Mission Index updated

Missions:

SCG910 - Invasion UK - Giles Young

SCG911 - OnSlaught - OmegaBolt

SCG912 - Strange Days - Tarabas

SCG913 - After M15 - Dan Heath

SCG914 - Villagers - James Collard

SCG915 - Men of War - Jeff Fehric

* up to 3 missions

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was thinking a way to mark inside the INDEX file, what kind of missions the player will be facing, so before I talk about the scale, I'll refer how I reached it.

One dimension is boring, interesting and exciting. The next is short and long missions. And the last is Incomplete, easy and hard.

That gives 18 points that were reduced to 5 (+2).

ShortLong

Incomplete  Easy  Hard          Incomplete  Easy  Hard 

Boring    122122

Interesting          33-452-34-55-6

Exciting    -4-55(7)--6(7)

So the Scale is:

SCALE

1 - Weak, incomplete, broken, lacks T&T

2 - Boring, flat or empty map, too much work for simple moves, excess of defenses*

3 - Promising but few T&T

4 - Easy but interesting

5 - Hard (thick layer here)

6 - Long mission

7 - Must-play

A) Due to the nature of the project, the interest is on missions with 1-3 ratings to check  if they are "broken".

I remembered to see a case where the mapmaker made a big map, a lot of units and one enemy reinforcement was a single chinook.

Then, you have to play the mission and try to understand that. So, I'm looking for missions with these possible context errors.

B) My kind of "hard" (5) is probably easier for most players. And the "must-play"s (7) are cool maps I played during the ascension of my learning curve, but I kept them that way. There are many good missions that I have to play again, that's why there is no evaluation. And there are even more maps I haven't played yet.

C)* Excess of defenses means structures for defenses and structures for energy, overloading the map.

D) An automatic information now are the number of triggers, teamtypes and the base section: the lower the number, the yellow it gets. I'll be evaluating those missions next. Check these sections inside the INDEX file.

If you have played anything I haven't evaluated, let me know.

Right now, I'm testing with the GDI mini-campaigns, results are in the INDEX file.

Later, I hope all this helps the player to choose the best missions to play.

For those interested in playing C&C Tiberian Dawn in DOS, I cleaned up and reorganize the ZIP files:

I'm editing the content in the forums but the file is updated.

::: ZIP file - 2.9 Mb ::: Link1 ::: Link2 :::

::: Inventory Survey :::

Estimate 84,8 % of the project achieved in its actual size.

Greetings!

Edited by Chimas

Hi there,

Another campaign ready and released, have a nice time playing it.

Updating SCG090.zip as well as CnC95-Catalog.zip to get the latest changes is advised.

SCG094EA Tiberium Island by Andy Bridges

M-01: Retrieval    |    M-02:The Tiberium Island     |    M-03:Operation Colony     |    M-04: Trouble    |     M-05: Tiberiate War

M-06: Temple Trauma   |    M-07: Defender    |    M-08: World War III?    |    M-09: Enemies To Be Feared     |    M-10: Operation Valkerie

M-11: Certain Death    |    M-12: Destruction of AAF    |     M-13: Tiberium Heart    |     M-14: Inside Out    |     M-15: No Choice

::: Link1 ::: Link2 ::: 

::: Inventory Survey :::

Estimate 86,74 % of the project achieved in its actual size.

Greetings!

Edited by Chimas