CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CnCNet has crashed. Access to path "client.log" is denied

OMGSam

Question

So I installed the installer and this message pops up everytime I try to open the launcher. I have reinstalled it and it launches the Launcher but I cant save my settings either for some reason. it keeps saying "Cant access the path "D:\Westwood\RA2\ddraw.dll". I thought it was a Read-Only issue. So, I removed read-only from all the files but still it isnt working. Any help?

image.png.4c6e579da52d0859ce13d98b223a80f4.png

2 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, OMGSam said:

So I installed the installer and this message pops up everytime I try to open the launcher. I have reinstalled it and it launches the Launcher but I cant save my settings either for some reason. it keeps saying "Cant access the path "D:\Westwood\RA2\ddraw.dll". I thought it was a Read-Only issue. So, I removed read-only from all the files but still it isnt working. Any help?

image.png.4c6e579da52d0859ce13d98b223a80f4.png

Hello - the client will need admin privileges to save your settings and logs etc. (Run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe as administrator). You should already be prompted to give it privileges when running. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By XMaDTanKX aka T-90
      Hello
      I'm doing some video stuff with Yuri's Revenge and every time I try to open the XCC Sound Editor that comes inside the XCC Mixer, the program just closes itself and won't let me do anything. I only need to extract some audios from langmd.mix\audiomd.mix\audio.bag as wave files to put them into a video.
      I'm using XCC Utilities 1.47 and surprisingly with older versions like 1.12 or 1.40 the issue won't happen, but I can't read Yuris Revenge, only Red Alert 2.
      Any idea of what could be causing this and any solution?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Insurgent
      Hello, i've just played minutes ago, but after restarting my pc this came out when i tried to open cncnet-yuri's revenge.
      Can anyone give me some hints so I can solve this problem?
      Kind regards.

• By GMANtheGr8
      Hi,

Anybody can help me? I'm getting this error message: 

And after that I get this:

• By Malcolm25
      looking Just for some people to be able to play a "traditional" game of C&C Tiberian Dawn or Red attentive.thx
    • By XMaDTanKX aka T-90
      I've been playing a few games online and I've noticed that the Scroll Speed is way too fast even when it's set at 0, and when I say too fast I mean near to be uncontrollable.
      I don't have this issue playing the vanilla games Ra2 / YR and/or the CNC Net client on Skirmish mode, I usually set it as fast, but in online games I'm forced to set it to slowest / 0 and still is too fast.
      Anyone knows what could be causing this problem and any possible solution?
      Any help is apreciated.