Spectating - Subs

Finecigar

Afternoon,

Is it possible to add a visual aspect for subs that are underground so you can see them as a spectator?

In the old days you would sometimes see a sub moving underground because it glitched.

It would be cool to be able to see that as a spec or even just the health bar so you can keep track of potential attacks as a spectator.

• Like 2

You could allow specs to number things. That would allow for tracking of subs, ish.. could number it then hit your follow key to find it. I've just resorted to click dragging all over the map till I find it though.

4 hours ago, Humble said:

@dkeeton was working on a patch that did this a couple years ago, but was having issues with it being buggy. I think he gave up on patching TS since then though cause all people do is complain. 

I don’t blame him. It’s a shame that a small group of people continue to ruin things for everyone. Been the story of TS history all the way back as far as I can remember. The same individuals hating and sabotaging everything they are granted a platform to do so on.  

Hopefully we get a remaster also and the developers have the sense to ignore the right people if the community is asked for opinions and guidance. But i wouldn’t blame them or be surprised if they straight up ignored TS since any attempt they make to help it out will be met with storms of hate, hacking, and sabotage from our lovely player base. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, Fine Cigar said:

In the old days you would sometimes see a sub moving underground because it glitched.

That is still the case.
Subs and dolphins appear to everyone while they're engaged in combat with other units or under attack, and sometimes you see them blinking while moving. Similarly to Mirage tanks. Not a glitch.

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Haha 3

On 5/14/2020 at 7:17 PM, Avesta said:

the developers have the sense to ignore the right people if the community is asked for opinions and guidance

ignore >>.        the     'right people'  '  ...? 

I was wanting to record team games, any chance of a spec seeing under nod's stealth as well?

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, amokk said:

ignore >>.        the     'right people'  '  ...? 

I was wanting to record team games, any chance of a spec seeing under nod's stealth as well?

That's already the case since xme hooked it up couple years ago.

Would be a good idea - although you can just try to see it by using your mouse (clicking and selecting a whole space).

But we should use the things we already have, too: Why arent TS players capable of using the wonderful feature of selecting teams and spots? We could have far more fun games sometimes, if we let 2 elite players select their teammates.

5 hours ago, Hungry Mike said:

TS players capable of using the wonderful feature of selecting teams and spots?

it is useful, we play random because it became to big of a hassle settling into teams every game..   everyone switching for hours...

just from my past experience   and the good players would pack up and no one wanted to play against them  

you know, not trying to start a fight, not to say you can't or won't, or shouldn't.......

'if we let 2 elite players select their teammates'  if that fun for you      nothing is stopping you!!!         do it!!!

just offering how and why we got here.....

Edited by amokk

• 4 weeks later...

Start with give the owner of the subs the option to see his subs when they are underground. It happens so ofter when u send subs for attack, you go back to your base cos "base under attack" and then you need find out where the hell are your subs (ofc you can ctrl+team them i know, but it can be nice adding) 

5 hours ago, zoom3000 said:

Start with give the owner of the subs the option to see his subs when they are underground. It happens so ofter when u send subs for attack, you go back to your base cos "base under attack" and then you need find out where the hell are your subs (ofc you can ctrl+team them i know, but it can be nice adding) 

I would say that map awareness is skill depth I wouldn’t want removed from the game. The units travel at a static speed so judging where they should be based on the amount of travel time that has occurred is a trainable skill. Not to mention you solved the issue on your own with the ability to team the unit. 

While it’s a reasonable argument to make that nerfing some skill depth would help close the gap between the top tier players and everyone else, it’s probably best not to make extreme adjustments in a RTS environment.

7 hours ago, zoom3000 said:

Start with give the owner of the subs the option to see his subs when they are underground.

The owner of the subs already can see his subs any time he wants. They're always visible to him (even when submerged).

Edited by Sam-I-am