Client Crash Q: 'The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.'

TRAVISRAD2

Question

Hi.  My client is crashing every time I try and run it for 'rad2 and Yuri's' revenge with the following message:

"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

I have seen other posts on here about this message that are a few years old and have not been answered. I would super appreciate any help so my kids and I can have a lan party with these classic games.

I tired running as administrator and that did not help.  I installed it here on my windows 10 machine: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command & Conquer Red Alert II

Is there any other fix I can try?  I bought it through Steam.  Thanks!

CnCNetCRash.PNG

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, TRAVISRAD2 said:

Hi.  My client is crashing every time I try and run it for 'rad2 and Yuri's' revenge with the following message:

"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

I have seen other posts on here about this message that are a few years old and have not been answered. I would super appreciate any help so my kids and I can have a lan party with these classic games.

I tired running as administrator and that did not help.  I installed it here on my windows 10 machine: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command & Conquer Red Alert II

Is there any other fix I can try?  I bought it through Steam.  Thanks!

CnCNetCRash.PNG

Could you open the crash log for this? Command & Conquer Red Alert II\Client

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Grant said:

Could you open the crash log for this? Command & Conquer Red Alert II\Client

Hi!  Thanks for responding!  I have a 'ClientCrashLogs' folder there, but it is empty.  Does that help point to where the process could be failing?  I keep thinking I am missing a permission or something but can't get it to work.  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.b7ac1f30bb239264263320d72cb0f797.png

Edited by TRAVISRAD2

2 hours ago, TRAVISRAD2 said:

Hi!  Thanks for responding!  I have a 'ClientCrashLogs' folder there, but it is empty.  Does that help point to where the process could be failing?  I keep thinking I am missing a permission or something but can't get it to work.  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.b7ac1f30bb239264263320d72cb0f797.png

Hmm, if you go up one to the Client folder. Could you attach the client.log file?

15 hours ago, Grant said:

Hmm, if you go up one to the Client folder. Could you attach the client.log file?

There ate no crash logs there either.  I'm also including a shot of where it is installed.

image.png.8a88ea8cb7e2c3abaa3994b46ae39f9c.png

image.thumb.png.8bdb2935654896bff8f40a9683118552.png

4 hours ago, Grant said:

Could you try moving the game out of program files as its writeprotected.  Somewhere like My documents > games or something. 

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4BD4-4528-6B2E-8327#:~:text=Library folder above)-,Navigate to your Steam client 'Settings' menu.,move%2C and click 'Move'

That did it dude!!! Thanks so much.  I moved steam to MyDocuments and now I am in.  I really appreciate all the help, this one might be worth putting in the FAQ for all the steam peeps.  Have a great weekend!

image.thumb.png.4d5aabbd6805b386b96a2ba6e71ce4cd.png

• Haha 1