A path beyond extended

Zjorz

Thanks guys, i was able to change the map size to 126x126. The problem now is saving the map to an MPR file. I was able to save it to an individual ini file, and i have opened it with notepad and compared it with a regular MPR file.

I noticed the terrain, waypoints info in both files is about the same so i will try copying the content to an existing mpr file.

What does [Digest] mean or do? Its the only label the mpr contains while the ini does not have it.

"What does [Digest] mean or do? Its the only label the mpr contains while the ini does not have it."

It's a string of text that's basically a file check sum, it's placed inside the map file to make sure it isn't corrupted somehow, when the game loads the map it will calculate a digest and compare it with the string under [Digest] in the map file, if they don't match the game thinks the map is corrupted. This was probably done to prevent issues with online play after transferring a map, back then transferring files was slower and sometimes the map would be corrupted.

It's recommended to remove the [Digest] section of the file, if it's removed the game will load the map without checking if the map is corrupted, it's quite hard to corrupt files now a days so the check is unnecessary.

As FunkyFr3sh said... google for "hide extensions for known file types" to see  how to disable the extension hiding. Then you can rename it back.

As for Digest, it's a kind of security section to make sure the files aren't tampered with. The game won't accept maps with a digest section that doesn't match its contents. However, simply removing the Digest section solves this :D