new pre-cncnet5 Red Alert 1 Online Lobby

FunkyFr3sh

On 7/23/2013 at 5:26 PM, Iran said:

You're amazing Funky!

yay! :D

Can you remove the Administrator requirement of your updater? It is not necessary if your user got the permissions to write/read the game's folder.

[edit]

ra1client.exe -123 :D

no i can't, too many people couldn't connect to cncnet4 cause they didn't run it as admin, so i don't wanna run into the same problems with the new lobby!

starting via -123 works, but you wont get automatic updates then .. which means when there is an update you wont be able to join games anymore

use this here at your own risk (might fail and end up with permission errors etc etc)

RedAlert1_Online.exe (no admin rights required)

replace the one in your folder with this one (you might need to copy it inside your folder once again after the first start since it updates itself sometimes)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have quite an important suggestion for this lobby now. This lobby is very good even for special games alone. So because of my connection have been very unstable in last days often I recommend that this lobby should work even in offline mode. There is no problems in skirmish games at all when I have had a connection problems if I have no other players with me but I just cannot start and set up my game without connection. So I am sure it would be very nice that the buttons will show, that I can use those and that I can see my username available in this lobby even without connection. :roll:

For example if no connection there might be a message: "Unable to connect! Your session will continue now in offline mode!"

What you think about it? :)

This lobby is very good even for special games alone. So because of my connection have been very unstable in last days often I recommend that this lobby should work even in offline mode.

For example if no connection there might be a message: "Unable to connect! Your session will continue now in offline mode!"

What you think about it? :)

Oh, nice idea! I second this, it'd be nice to still be able to set up a customised Skirmish if I'm suddenly without internet access.

Yes it's a good idea, i already have a Offfline/lan feature in my todo list. I'm not sure when im going to add this tho

Updates of the last days:

[*]Its now possible to adjust the amount of chat lines the client can store (Settings/Chat History (max lines)) default is 1000 lines

[*]The chat history can now be saved to logfiles on your HDD - (Settings/Save Chat) they are located in your game folder/RA1O-ChatHistory (type /run to get to your game folder)

[*]Tab nickname autocomplete has been improved, it goes now thru all names in the channel (type the first letter of a name then hit TAB)

[*]The last written lines are now saved, you can scroll thru them using the Up and Down keys on your keyboard

[*]A new Paging feature has been added, it allows to send private messages from the chat lobby into running games, just open a private message window (double click on a name) and type something (Settings/Pager) - This feature only works for RA1 players!

[*]Dutch translation has been added - thanks to Hotdog!!

[*]Spanish translation has been added - thanks to Maty!!

[*]An official sound addon has been added, i was creating it with free sounds from soundjay - thanks to soundjay.com !!

[*]Added a couple of useful commands:

"/run" will open your game folder, you can add a filename behind and it will open the file (in case it was found in your game folder)

"/debug" will send all logfiles to me, you can type that after you crashed (make sure i am online before you do that)

"/hash" will get the checksum and more information about a file in your game folder, that's useful to make sure everyone got the same files (e.g. /hash ddraw.dll)

"/restart" will restart the client to get the latest updates

"/reset" will delete all important files and forces to re-download everything (you should not use this command, do it only if i tell you)

"/update" same as /reset , but it doesn't delete all files, it tries to overwrite them (you should not use this command, do it only if i tell you)

-

I changed a couple of other things too.. but i never write all changes down. So, go ahead and find them yourself!

Oh btw, check the picture below .. there is another new feature i added, maybe you will notice it !

-

To-Do-List:

[*] Create a private lobby for the advanced players (so called "pros")

[*] Automatic port check for peer-to-peer games before the game starts (to avoid non connecting games)

[*] Friendlist

[*] Offline/Lan games

[*] Creating a system to send maps (online storage?)

[*] Support for password protected tunnel servers

[*] Custom game room names (e.g. "A path beyond" instead of "FunkyFr3sh's game"

[*] Allow to see the name of the chosen map from outside of the game

[*] Buttons to revert the "ready" status and reopen the game

[*] Automatic ladder (through playcnc)

[*] Add support for translations of the newly added strings

[*] Parse the map files and show information about them (starting locations/mods/etc...)

[*] And a few other random things ..

colors.png.3a844a4f5a91bbf9de26f66ac72b77a9.png

hey I'm on TV!

some fancy new updates there and can't wait for some cool new features.

Altough I have a suggestion:

Is it not possible to have a 'check port' feature on EVERY player? Because its annoying when a player without it open joins a p2p game and doesn't tell anybody

A bit like cncnet4 asking if you have your port open for p2p.

maybe even a little key/symbol next to a player determining if they are a TD or RA player (or both), a symbol if they don't have p2p and maybe one if they are connected from the IRC

just a suggestion feel free to disagree but I think it would be useful.

it's already in the to-do-list :P

[*]Automatic port check for peer-to-peer games before the game starts (to avoid non connecting games)

it will check the connections between all players directly in the game room (right before the game starts) .. if it fails it will offer to switch to tunnel or kick the one with closed ports (that's the idea)

ah I see

ok fair enough

but I still think there should be symbols depicting whether a client plays TD or RA or is currently on the IRC

Later all players will be split into TD and RA channels, but currently there are not a lot players and it would be bad to split em right now

I suggest you add automagic UPnP port forwarding if people have a router to avoid the need to tunnel all the traffic or tell people to read portforward.com all over again.

Do you guess the players location by IP? What service/library do you use for it?

Added a search feature for the maps, you can enter all kinds of cool things .. example keywords:

Aftermath .. shows all aftermath maps

couterstrike .. shows all counterstrike maps

CoOp .. shows all Co-Operation maps

standard .. shows all standard maps

custom .. shows all custom maps

most played .. shows the most played online maps

4 player ... shows all 4 player maps

snow ... shows all snow theater maps

126x126 ... shows all mega maps with the size of 126x126

etc etc...

of course you can also search for the actual name of the map or the filename

a double click on the map preview will now open a small window showing the full content of the map

A live-stream button has been added, the button will show automatically when a stream goes online! currently there are 2 channels linked, if you like to have your own channel linked to the lobby then drop me a message (you will need an account on twitch.tv)

ra1o.png.a652a047bddd1d25da072739f3389100.png

• 2 weeks later...

Have u thought about a feature where you could name your games when you create one? For example when there are more people around and someone wants to play a certain kind of game or map or with certain players, they could name a game "1v1 pros" or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well, as you know, C&C95 only supports 255 multiplayer maps. The problem is we are running out of slots.

I've already managed C&C95 read savegames on other directories by editing the string inside the .EXE. Will cncnet5 be scalable in this way? so we can have infinite maps.