new pre-cncnet5 Red Alert 1 Online Lobby

FunkyFr3sh

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks fantastic. Awesome work you guys are doing. Love the idea of having a map preview, that will be really helpful.

I can't get it to connect though. Is it supposed to connect to the usual red alert lobby or Can you only play against other people with the new software?

On 4/1/2013 at 2:37 AM, Allen262 said:

Nice map pre-view. Dose it work with all maps or is it just with maps that the pre-cncnet5 program knows?

it will work with all maps later

Looks fantastic. Awesome work you guys are doing. Love the idea of having a map preview, that will be really helpful.

I can't get it to connect though. Is it supposed to connect to the usual red alert lobby or Can you only play against other people with the new software?

it is connecting to a new lobby, currently there are no players cause it's still work in progress. But it already can be used to play, multiplayer and skirmish

What message do you get ? does it say Connection lost - attempting to reconnect ? if that is the case then it might just be a firewall issue, you could try the "freenode" server too

Updates:

Iran added support for the cncnet5 spawner to his patch which made pre game alliances and choosing starting locations working

hifi created some tool to create map previews, 353 map previews are now included and working

ehy had some cool design ideas for the UI (red borders, new font, new layout)

map-preview.png.aa3e62ffcc71adf66476c0916392e625.png

Update:

It now also supports sounds, create a folder named "RA1O-Sounds" and place any of the following files inside of it:

Login.wav - Plays when the login button was clicked

Typing.wav - Plays when typing

Join.wav - Plays when someone joins the game lobby

Enter.wav - Plays when Enter key is pressed and the message has been send

Game.wav - Plays when someone forms a new game

Chat.wav - Plays on incoming chat messages

Part.wav - Plays when someone leaves the room

Kick.wav - Plays when someone got kicked

Button.wav - Plays when a button has been clicked

Disconnected.wav - Plays when the connection has been lost

Connected.wav - Plays when the connection is up

Error.wav - Plays when an error occurred

-

Full addons:

Tunngle sounds -> http://www.speedyshare.com/pZEwX/RA1O-Sounds-tunngle.zip

Red Alert 1 sounds (made by Echo) -> http://www.speedyshare.com/Nksdr/RA1O-Sounds.zip

That wouldn't work sadly, cause the game settings are sent via the server and the in game lobby has been removed completely.

But the games are currently all peer-to-peer (there is no tunnel server yet) and you are already able to host password protected games, that allows you to have private games/chat

On 5/3/2013 at 12:25 AM, Echo said:

I'll have a French translation ready soon enough. ;)

Edit: Possibly Swedish too within a few days or so.

yay! :D

Russian language is now available too, thanks to 85!

it's now possible to place any new language files into the "RA1O-Strings" folder, the client will automatically find and list them in the settings dialog

russian.png.eaf9dc8fc9a608f8a23f2003cd50c473.png

I have done a language for this lobby from my country. :)

We are probably very little and unknown country on the huge world and next to huge Russia but also in this country there are some fans although unfortunately not that much of us...

I want that the public application also have this and hope you'll take it. :roll:

It surely makes your lobby more advanced. ;)

Red_Alert_1_Online_in_Estonian.png.b4a2909d59314d1188d5120009b2d0cc.png

ra1client-strings_Estonian.zip