Welcome, New Members!

Warlord

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I'm Irony aka 9point6 aka D4rk aka John. I've collected a lot of aliases over my time on the internet >_>

Anyway, I was around when CnCNet was C&CGLE (In fact I think it might still be installed on my old PC!) and I recently got nyer's 1.6b patch for tiberian dawn and the bundled CnCNet client. I've already played a game with Tore and got tank rushed into oblivion :P

Anyway, I'll be around from time to time, so I figured I'd say hi :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Name is Nasher, Loved CnC scince i started playing all those years ago...

I saw that you guys did a patch for the orginal CnC and dusted off my old copy *it stopped working on my computer but after the mod  it works fine now*

I saw about you guys on other fourms and thought i should finally come on here.

I have only one thing to say to everyone

PEACE THROUGH POWER

Hehe

Hi there all, im new here. I found this site from the official support center that this site uses: SMF. im a hugh C&C fan, i played RA,RA2,Generals,Zero Hour,Kanes Wrath(my DVD broke  :( and now i start to play Red Alert3. (after patch 1.10 was released, i was to busy with other things)

I am an older guy (42), that means i play those games with my son who is 12 years old. I have my own clan (CoD4 +5 http://el33t.nl) and now i started my Red Alert 3 fansite, http://replays.el33t.nl/ . Here we can post replays and shit. Right now im coding ladders and tournaments. 

I programm things cause i like doing it it. If you guys are intrested then i can do some coding for you guys.

hmmm, i didnt post here yet...

hi, im deadthank!(obviously) i was a BIG fan of cnc when i was 4, in  1999!

i got a copy for the psx for my bros birthday and played it before it(just makin sure he liked it...) and INSTANTLY fell in love!  :roll: actually, at first i just used the mcv to kill the infantry!(i diddnt know what it was for :P) later i read the manual and found out. but anyways, when i got my pc i searched the internet for mapping and modding tools, and found  (cant remember it, ill edit it in) and made a few maps, until i came to oilfieldds. that WAS a mess! i got lots of help but unfortunately ccmap cant reload maps it made(i dunno!) so i can no longer rebuild it... it is on the site, but the terrain is missing(it was vital too...) wow, long intro, anyways, i map and wan to mod cnc (i want to make a n64 mod to put on it, not to "downgrade" generals to it) and am willing to learn almost anything! and i knew irony would be admin from the second he posted for it!(i can always be admin elsewhere...) and thats it really... so good luck and oh wait, i would like to know how to make buttons WORK on windows visual studios c# thing so i can inish it and post it online(thats all thats left) thx, and good luck with all! EDIT: to nyerguds: ccmap just cant reload maps, i dunno! any help at all? and unfortunately i was only trying to get help with triggers and not the actual scenery, i couldve remade that! :mammoth:

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo, fellow modders! This is Crimsonum, senior (okay, not that senior, but 2005-2009 is a long term, for me at least :D) modder from PPM, TiberiumWeb, and others. My specialities are voxels, but I also enjoy mapping (I prefer TD and TS). I can say I'm somewhat a Jack-of-all-trades: voxels, maps, SHPs, INIs, MSPaint (what? It's more useful than you think :3)...I can do them all.

Now...prepare to get Crimson'd!

• 3 weeks later...

I was "out of the country" for a couple of years and found that my connection the the C&C community (the Tech Center) died.  So I happened  upon this site.  Now I'm here.  The only fimiliar name I see is Nyerguds.  Where did everyone for the old world go?  I love classic C&C.  I was working on a few campaigns to add some extra Covert Ops missions.  I might pick them up when I get a computer of my own.  I just mooch computers off of others for now.  All my stuff is on a few discs somewhere....            Yeah, that's about it.

The Techcenter has been dead for ages... it had been hacked and used to send out spam, so it was taken down "for maintenance"... and then left that way -_-

I recently got an email that Gamespy's stopping their hosting services, so it won't be back up either, and my old cnc2sw site will probably disappear too. Guess that means I'll finally have a reason to finish my PHP conversion when uploading it somewhere else :P

I'll just make it into a general news site for all of my work, including patch 1.06, so not limited to cnc2sw.

As for the members... I still got most of em on MSN, but not many are active even there. PuMa and Travis kinda went on with real life, Ultraq's not active in the community anymore but still helped me out with some conversion tools a while ago, and uh... dunno who else was there really. Still got some contact with my old friend Jk, but I guess that's from the old C&C Millennium board, before the RA Techcenter. Though he lurked on the Techcenter too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, sad but not suprising.  I spend more time in the real world nowadays.  You know what happened to Arc at the Obelisk and to Andrew Griffin?  I know that's way old stuff, but I'm just wondering.  By the way, I played a little cnc2sw.  I need to try it with the "newer" stuff, since I've been back.

• 3 weeks later...

H33LL03Z, my name is ThaMarine, no, actually it's not. I'm not telling you my real name because:

a) you couldn't pronounce it, I'm from Croatia

b) I don't want to!

I'm not able to mod, map, script or do miracles like everyone else. I joined here because I like oldschool CNCs and 2D RTS games in general. I'm currently unable to play CnC online, because I'm on vacation (and I'm not back home 'til september.) I'm typing this on a 6 year (which sucked even back then) lappy, oh and my connection is slow (and expensive - it's mobile atleast.) When I get back home to my real, desktop PC (lol 5 years old), I will be able to play CnC without my CPU melting because of the overheat.

I will try to be and remain active on these forums. Oh, and sorry about my English, hope it's not TOO awful (I'm Croatian, remember.)

P.S. I love the looks of the forum.

Hey, im TripseT, you can call me alex, im 18 years old and i live in the united states, ive been playing the command and conquer series my whole life and am glad that someone could make a site devoted to the series.

hope i can meet new people and get to make new friends...thanks