Are There Any Future Plans For Tiberian Sun?

Retired

so as we know over the past few months most of the XWIS players came here because CnCNet has great respectable staff and a great way to play the game over XWIS. Some of these players may eventually ask for the features that XWIS has like clan and ranking. Obviously these features are not really needed but some may claim it is out of boredom and whining after being here for a while. I predict some of this will happen as they eventually one by one register on the forums and abandon XWIS forums entirely and their little hamster wheels work up the motivation to dream. What can we expect for the future of TS here? I think it's more than fine the way it is though but I can see a storm brewing from one or two of them already who have lost status and rank by coming here. It'll take time though before they say anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Rankings, clan, quick match, maybe world domination. Don't know when, don't think any actual work is being done on it just some ideas people have expressed interest in and things which have been long term plans for a while now.

Hopefully hifi starts working on ts-ddraw again so TS works 100% with Win8, the current version of ts-ddraw works with Tiberian Sun but can be faster and the ingame options menu (during a match) is glitched.

A few days ago I added some code patches so you can use a bunch of map triggers in multiplayer, by adding support for spawn location based fake houses/players to use as parameter for them. What this means is that you can have those coop maps which require you to play as Neutral (the ones you have to load twice, once to be able to select extra sides in the side dropdown in the WOL lobby)  if they're converted for CnCnet.

I also did a hack like a month back which removes the need for BLOWFISH.DLL. It requires that whoever distributes the game files resaves all the MIX files without Blowfish encryption but it means you can play the game now without administrator rights (they were needed on first startup to register BLOWFISH.DLL as COM+ component)

The developer of the Dawn of The Tiberium Age and Twister Insurrection stand-alone mods launchers and CnCNet 5 client has expressed interest in modfiying his launcher+CnCnet5 client to work with TS. I hope he open-sources the client which would mean all components needed to run CnCNet5 (and hence your own derivative online service) will be open-source. At the moment only the CnCnet 5 client is closed-source.

if cncnet5 is made open source that very day sean3z will hijack it and make his own server guaranteed lol but luckily itll fail cause hes a bitch

:D I don't know why, but he dislikes, maybe even hates you, so much that when I posted a topic on XWIS about your YouTube vids, it was deleted in less than an hour :D Afaik he's the only admin that looks at the TS section so it must have been him that deleted it.

But back on topic; A moderated ladder would bring more TS activity to CnCNet simply because TS is a competitive game. Players want some way to measure their skills, plus it'll be an extra incentive to play, and players want the bragging rights, amongst other reasons. But as I've said before, it'll be difficult to moderate a free-to-play game (but not impossible).

• Upvote 1

I think you will find they were deleted because Christopher is a proven cheater, and has been responsible for spreading cheats across the TS community. He's not quite the 'saint' he pretends to be on here.

You will also be interested to know that I check the TS section of xwis most days, plus there are multiple ra2 admins who also read the TS forums who have closed and deleted topics in the past, so stop making conspiracies where there are none eh.

To return to the main topic, I have to thank everyone involved with the cncnet project for their hard work. 

I think you will find they were deleted because Christopher is a proven cheater, and has been responsible for spreading cheats across the TS community. He's not quite the 'saint' he pretends to be on here.

You will also be interested to know that I check the TS section of xwis most days, plus there are multiple ra2 admins who also read the TS forums who have closed and deleted topics in the past, so stop making conspiracies where there are none eh.

To return to the main topic, I have to thank everyone involved with the cncnet project for their hard work.

actually, me giving out cheats was direct retaliation for sean3z harassing me on skype, editing my posts even sometimes going as far to delete my posts and then posting what i posted, testing his bot on me, stalking me to try to find out what usernames i was playing with, and him editing the xwis bot to kick people from the game for swearing. this was also around the time he was trying to make himself appear to be useful pushing the autoscreenshot for ts so for my own amusement i used the autoscreenshot then edited the tiberian fiend graphic to make them 10 stories tall so people would see it on the screenshots after being cheated by me on the autoscreenshot. i also changed some greaphics so that the screenshot would have links to the cheats. this was to show my dominance over him using his anticheat (that olaf made) to use it against them by promoting the cheats, lol.

anyway, xwis is dead for a reason. that place is terrible. i was not concerned about people cheating. most people cheat in ts on xwis anyway. it was a massive joke. every single person pushing the autoscreenshot was caught cheating the past few months prior besides sean3z cause he dont play ts lol. so dont act like anything i did mattered. it was all a joke just like the players are a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAigh3aL0s4

lol

and to think i used to not have the heart to kick mole from my game rooms when he comes in to chit chat for 20 minutes until i cant take it anymore and close the game room. *updates kick list* but yeah im leavin now for a while.  kinda disturbing how low the ts player population is. its such a good game.  XD

I never really got into Tiberian Sun personally didn't really into the whole sc-fi theme they have going on.

People online always just go nod and spam and deploy artillary and stealth generators right next to your base and you just have 1000 artilarry shells shooting out of no where and your base gets fucked and bad game.

Nah Tiberian Sun was a bit of a fuck up IMHO.

Edit: I'd play Red Alert 2 Yuris revenge only if everyone prommises not to map hack or president ifv or borris.

I never really got into Tiberian Sun personally didn't really into the whole sc-fi theme they have going on.

People online always just go nod and spam and deploy artillary and stealth generators right next to your base and you just have 1000 artilarry shells shooting out of no where and your base gets fucked and bad game.

Nah Tiberian Sun was a bit of a fuck up IMHO.

Edit: I'd play Red Alert 2 Yuris revenge only if everyone prommises not to map hack or president ifv or borris.

youre describing what i did to a guy a month or so ago in tibsun LOL. must have been you. bottom right on terrace you drove your mcv out of position so i sent mcvs and artillery and cloaked a entire base inside your base then stalked your second mcv with stealth tanks lol

• 1 month later...