1 unit left.......

rabidsnypr

So i started my day playing some C&C. I got beat by this dude once and i was like ok and made a ng. So he got mad at the map i picked and left. So i left an joined his game and another dude came in. 3 way battle.ok cool. So we both got beat and I was gdi. He had crates on and 1 of my guys got stealth. So he is so dedicated to the game and is trying everything to find him. I'm just doing stuff around the house and enjoying this. here's a video i made with my phone and uploaded to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muck1qlws_c&feature=youtu.be

its been over an hour.

this kind of crap is exactly why we can't have nice things.

Do you reckon its possible to create some kind of stealth remover that uncloaks stealths when that is the only unit a player owns (I know this is a thing in RA with subs).

I'm guessing the answer is a stern no but I feel its worth asking once.

this guys has been stomping people all day.

I doubt it.

wonder why you dont have a life.

I'm on holiday, get used to it.

Build a communications center. After you took down all non-stealth units, your enemy stealth stuff will show on your minimap. So you can simple forceattack the cell.

I didnt think that was a thing, I knew about hidden stealth units show an attack cursor on the minimap but not this

oops accidental double post can someone delete the previous one

I'm saying there's no such logic, White. A player not having any buildings does not magically reveal stealth units on radar.

There are tons of tricks, though. The most obvious one is building a repair bay / refinery / other sufficiently large building and moving it over your base to find red spots in the placement grid. Another relies on the fact the stealth logic forces the cursor to show the Move cursor, even if moving on that location would normally not be possible with that unit. For example, helicopters can't move on tiberium, beaches or buildings' concrete bibs. So if you select a helicopter and get a move cursor there... there's a stealth unit on that cell ;)

cn2mc: Don't you just see them on your screen too, then?

No. But my memory about seeing them on radar might be a bit hazy too, it was too long ago (like over 10 years), and on a coop map with scripted AI. Maybe I'll try and see if it actually works the next time I play a 2v2. I think it's just one of those little ally things in TD, like the way you can see how much money there is in yout ally's harvs and refs. Same for helicopter ammo, etc.

I'm saying there's no such logic, White. A player not having any buildings does not magically reveal stealth units on radar.

There are tons of tricks, though. The most obvious one is building a repair bay / refinery / other sufficiently large building and moving it over your base to find red spots in the placement grid. Another relies on the fact the stealth logic forces the cursor to show the Move cursor, even if moving on that location would normally not be possible with that unit. For example, helicopters can't move on tiberium, beaches or buildings' concrete bibs. So if you select a helicopter and get a move cursor there... there's a stealth unit on that cell ;)

You sure? Because I already used this trick online. Maybe Iran implemented it?

btw I let him win for any butt hurt no lifers out there. I left the game on and turned on my d2 bot to play diablo 2: LOD for me and went and got a shower to just let him win.

you know that doesn't make you any better. It makes you look even more like an arse just for thinking it does.

• 2 weeks later...

keep on judging me.

You've created a thread in a tiny community just to show off your lame trolling attempt in a 10yr old videogame. Your unrelated reply to the first comment is nothing more than a blanketed insult to people who play videogames and with no clue of irony point out the fact you play another 10yr old videogame using bots. Your avatar would be cute if you were 15, but I can tell you're not. She's not that into you. You think you're trolling us and getting kicks, but really you're projecting your feelings of low self worth.

If you want to get a life, get a life. But first deal with whatever issues you're struggling to get over, cause you ain't gonna solve them in an online videogame forum.