The Dawn of the Tiberium Age v1.13

Bittah Commander

For whoever doesn't know already; The Dawn of the Tiberium Age is a Tiberian Sun to Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert total conversion, including a mode that stays as true to Tiberian Dawn as possible (classic mode) and a mode that adds many new features, including the Red Alert factions (enhanced mode).

The release of version 1.13 is less than a day away, so have a look at what's coming while you wait:

The Dawn of the Tiberium Age v1.13 trailer

Also, please give DTA a vote in the MOTY 2014 awards if you haven't already.

It's a bug, but it won't happen if you disable Short Game. I'll fix this shortly from now.

Mind that the AI won't actively be able to play in Survivor Mode either way however (because there's no logic to allow the AI to properly collect crates in TS). It will be a decent challenge in Scavenger mode however.

Go to the options menu and make make sure you don't have IE-DDRAW selected as the renderer, since that one only works optimal in windowed mode.

If you're using Windows 7, the Default renderer usually gives the best performance (although in some rare cases TS-DDRAW could be better) and if you're using Windows 8, you'll get the best performance with TS-DDRAW.

Well, it's quite obvious that a no-base game mode can't be combined with "game over if there are no buildings left" :P

In Survivor mode, Short Game is supposed to make the player lose as soon as the Mobile HQ is destroyed.

Edit:

The issue has been fixed in the latest update (1.1332).

A weird problem with my saved games...

I load up DTA... click Load Mission... I see my list of saves. I do this a second time (afer clicking Cancel) and my entire list of save games are suddenly gone!!!??? All my save files are still in  the Saved Games folder though. I then restart DTA... click Load Mission again and find that my saves have miraculously come back! I click Cancel once again, then Load Mission again and... yep, you guessed it, no saves. So I said the hell with it, I'll restart DTA and load my saves the first time I open up the saves list... I get a black screen. I decide to restart DTA. This time I click Campaign and begin a new campaign. As the campaign begins, I open up the menu (ESC) and click Load Game... it works.

TLDR - Long story short...

• Saved games don't work from main menu and the list disappears if you click Load Mission more than once.
  • You must restart DTA, start a new campaign and load your saves in-game.
  • Same thing happens with skirmish.

My PC:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

DTA v.1332

Saved games were also saved in version 1.332.

oh i recently updated my new DTA and suprisly i can play soviet adn allied again classic but problem is that instead allied contard in the begining of the game its TD conyard instead. when constructing a building i see a TD power plant but cant click it or build it since when i deploy my con yard it become RA conyard structure. Theres also Chrono Tank icon which i cant train or build too

Just a couple of bugs / errors:

Whenever I try to create a new game online, I get the error message:

"KABOOOOOOOM... The CnCNet client has crashed..."

I have attached a screen shot of the full error message as well as my cncnetclient.log file.

Also, in Skirmish, I have 'H' set as my 'Center Base' hotkey. But when I press it in-game, the screen always scrolls to the top-middle section of the map, regardless of where my Construction Yard is. I've been using bookmarks as a workaround for the meantime.

Lastly, I have 'T' set as my "Select Same Type' hotkey, which selects all the units on the screen that are the same as the one I currently have selected. When I select one of my GDI harvesters then press 'T', at times it works fine, but other times it only selects SOME of my other harvesters, instead of ALL the ones that are on the screen. I've only noticed this with GDI harvesters so far, other units seem to be fine.

DTA_-_CnCNet_error.gif.9de41f8c623a582a5699174ee431efe0.gif

cncnetclient.log.txt

i got problems i cant get connect to cncnet i dunno why but i dont have a firewall blocking it

Is it still not working with the latest version (1.1348)?

Aside from the Windows Firewall, what other firewalls/virus scanners/anti-malware programs and such do you have installed?

One thing you could try is starting Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking" and see if it works then; this way you can make sure that it's not an installed third-party program that is blocking the connection of DTA's client to the internet.

Click this link for a short tutorial on how to do this.

when constructing a building i see a TD power plant but cant click it or build it since when i deploy my con yard it become RA conyard structure. Theres also Chrono Tank icon which i cant train or build too

This has already been fixed in version 1.1348.

Whenever I try to create a new game online, I get the error message:

"KABOOOOOOOM... The CnCNet client has crashed..."

I have attached a screen shot of the full error message as well as my cncnetclient.log file.

Thanks for reporting this; I've notified Rampastring (he handles any issues related to the client).

Also, in Skirmish, I have 'H' set as my 'Center Base' hotkey. But when I press it in-game, the screen always scrolls to the top-middle section of the map, regardless of where my Construction Yard is. I've been using bookmarks as a workaround for the meantime.

This is a side-effect of the work-around I'm using to properly get the 4 different factions to start with different MCVs and to let the AI properly construct a base with all of those 4 factions. I don't think there's anything I can do about this, so you'll indeed have to keep using F9 instead of H.

Lastly, I have 'T' set as my "Select Same Type' hotkey, which selects all the units on the screen that are the same as the one I currently have selected. When I select one of my GDI harvesters then press 'T', at times it works fine, but other times it only selects SOME of my other harvesters, instead of ALL the ones that are on the screen. I've only noticed this with GDI harvesters so far, other units seem to be fine.

This actually happens for all factions, because the harvester that is released by the refinery and the harvester that you build from the war factory are actually two different units. This is a necessary work-around that allows the refinery to be built quicker than other structures with the same price (like for example the war factory), just like in Tiberian Dawn.

@fir3w0rx:

It seems that the log file generated by your version of the client didn't give the necessary information to figure out what's causing the client to crash for you.

A new version of the client has been uploaded that should be able to generate a more helpful log file; to download it, simply delete the "version" file in DTA's directory and then start DTA.exe. It should then offer you an update; click Yes to make it download the new cncnetclient.dat file, then create a new game to cause the crash again and finally please upload the cncnetclient.log file that has been generated after this.

@fir3w0rx:

It seems that the log file generated by your version of the client didn't give the necessary information to figure out what's causing the client to crash for you.

A new version of the client has been uploaded that should be able to generate a more helpful log file; to download it, simply delete the "version" file in DTA's directory and then start DTA.exe. It should then offer you an update; click Yes to make it download the new cncnetclient.dat file, then create a new game to cause the crash again and finally please upload the cncnetclient.log file that has been generated after this.

Here's my new log file:

fir3w0rx_-_cncnetclient.log.txt

• 2 weeks later...