Rushing

djjammin1337

I don't want to sound like a typical n00b and apologies if this has been brought up before, but rushing is really putting me off playing RA online. Why do people enjoy rushing so often? Surely building up a bit of a base and playing the game is more fun... Getting a win for the sake of it is sad as fuck, especially as there is no ladder.

TD and RA are awesome and I've been waiting for something like CNCnet since forever but it's just getting boring with the constant ghey tactics

It depends. Early game the allies have a huge rush advantage over the Russians but they lose this advantage in medium/longer games, especially without aftermath max building/speed fix. Also, starting money has a huge baring on rushing, ironically the more money the harder it is to rush.

However, if you really want to crush someone who rushes, make sure you map out as much as you can early and be ready for their (about to fail) attack. Then counter, muhahahaha! They'll stop doing it after a few savage beatings.

EDIT : nowt can be as satisfiying as squishing a early tropp rush with your harvester :P

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3357.msg23820#new  I made a map that will slow this down. Your main base is rocked in. Its the map called failed soldier rush.

Failed_Soldier_Rush_MPR.jpg

Theres also settings in the game that slows unit builds to stop tank rushes. Your best bet is to know the map and protect all openings. You cant build 50 guys and leave them by their tent, you have to spread them out.

Heres a good example of spreading your soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoRzPgoM5D8

Funky, I wouldn't sign this.

I think the real idea behind c&c/ra are games where you didn't have enough ore/money to create large armies and where any loss of units could result in a critical disadvantage. so tactics and strategic skills become more important than simple rushes.

Funky, I wouldn't sign this.

I think the real idea behind c&c/ra are games where you didn't have enough ore/money to create large armies and where any loss of units could result in a critical disadvantage. so tactics and strategic skills become more important than simple rushes.

The idea of the devs was for sure different, yes :D But people have been playing the game for so many years and they found the best possible ways to play it :)

Check our youtube channel, i recorded some games with good players and uploaded them over there, maybe it helps you guys to understand how the game is played. It is all about speed and hotkeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/CnCNetOfficial/videos

Rushing is a perfectly viable strategy in all RTS games.  Learn to counter against it and any second not spent on making a unit is a second wasted.

Exactly. And honestly, even if a good player is not rushing then he will still win the game if it lasts longer just because of his experience