edwin Map Editor patches - High Resolution Patch and more

FunkyFr3sh

Download:

http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/RedAlert/edwinHighRes.zip

Features:

[*]High Resolution Patch

[*]Standalone (Runs without having Red Alert installed)  -> edwin.ini -> [Options]RedalertMix= [Options]MainMix=

[*]Multiple instances are now possible, start the editor as often as you need

[*]No disk space error has been fixed

[*]No-CD patch

[*]Crash fixes

[*]High CPU usage has been fixed  -> edwin.ini -> [Options]LimitCpuUsage=Yes

[*]Loads a new settings file named "edwin.ini" (change your resolution in there)

[*]Too fast scrollrate is fixed -> edwin.ini -> [Options]SlowerScrollRate=Yes

[*]Tile selection via mousewheel and category selection via mouse middle button

[*]Loads now a blank mega map with 126x126 size instead of 96x96 size on startup

[*]Multi-Language support -> edwin.ini -> [Options]EditorLanguage (0=English, 1=French, 2=German)

[*]Supports now loading maps via command line (drag and drop a map on top of edwin.exe)

[*]Run on single cpu/core to avoid freezing -> edwin.ini -> [Options]SingleProcAffinity=Yes

[*]ScrollRate setting will now be saved when it was changed -> edwin.ini -> [Options]ScrollRate=3

[*]Ctrl+X Hotkey combo added to cut out an area (use Ctrl+V to paste afterwards)

[*]Space Hotkey opens the tile browser menu

[*]Loading maps with long filenames is now possible, the old limit of 13 chars has been raised to 256 chars

[*]External map browser has been added (RedAlertEditorLauncher.exe)

[*]Package includes all Standard+Counterstrike+Aftermath maps

[*]Supports now loading maps with custom rules.ini mods/buildings/triggers/etc.. It will not lose the information anymore and you should be able to edit every map that exists

[*]Loads any custom theater (Jungle, Winter, Barren, Cave and Desert are already included)! Here is how it works:

- Lets say we create a new theater named "herpderp", you will now have to do the following things:

- 1. Add the following key to a map to enable it: [Map]Theater=herpderp

- 2. Create a mix file named "herpderp.mix"

- 3. Create your custom tiles and give them as extension the name ".her" (the first 3 chars of the theater name)

- 4. Put your custom tiles into "herpderp.mix" and move "herpderp.mix" into "raed1.mix"

the package also contains iran's updated version of the raed map editor

MapBrowser.png

edwinJungle.png

edwinDesert.png

edwinWinter.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loads now a blank mega map with 126x126 size instead of 96x96 size on startup

Multi-Language support -> edwin.ini ->[Options]EditorLanguage (0=English, 1=French, 2=German)

Loads any custom theater (Jungle, Winter and Desert are already included)! Here is how it works:

- Lets say we create a new theater named "herpderp", you will now have to do the following things:

- 1. Add the following key to a map to enable it: [Map]Theater=herpderp

- 2. Create a mix file named "herpderp.mix"

- 3. Create your custom tiles and give them as extension the name ".her" (the first 3 chars of the theater name)

- 4. Put your custom tiles into "herpderp.mix" and move "herpderp.mix" into "raed1.mix"

I'm going to have to look at this! Looks like I may need to do some changes to it but I would be nice to add to Red Dawn.

EDIT: Somthing looks to be wrong with new theater. I put the jungle.mix into into the raed.mix but when I try to load a jungle map it crashes. I'm using Theater=JUNGLE or Theater=jungle.

there was already a jungle.mix in raed.mix, did it work with the original files? For me it was working well, can you give me your files so i can reproduce it?

Edit:

I found the problem, the version linked here was still the old one, i was uploading the new one to the wrong folder by accident, it is fixed now. Re-Download it

Works now.  It will be a nice add to Red Dawn at a later date. A quick hex edit to change raed.mix back to main.mix and it call up the new theaters mix-es that are already in Red Dawn 2014 main.mix. (I already did this for the Jungle, Winter and Desert RAED.exe Iran did.)

Update:

Fixed a crash that was caused by the copy paste feature

Fixed a crash that was caused by using the right mouse button to remove the current selection

Both of them were always in the editor (thanks westwood), if there are any other crashes then please report them in here

Yes that is strange, the editor got its own string table but that one only contains like 85% of the strings and the other strings are loaded from from the main red alert string table which is ofc english. That means you would need a full german installation to get those other few strings, no idea why westwood did it like this. I have it on my to do list

For C&C I had to migrate a bunch of hardcoded strings to the strings file to get the translation working right. Might be the same issue here?

Interestingly, the German and French ones has most of those in the strings file already. But since I based my patch on the English one, I had to add it :P

Update:

2 new crash fixes

Supports now loading maps via command line (drag and drop a map on top of edwin.exe)

Loading maps with long filenames is now possible, the old limit of 13 chars has been raised to 256 chars

External map browser has been added (RedAlertEditorLauncher.exe)

MapBrowser.png

Update:

Run on single cpu/core to avoid freezing -> edwin.ini -> [Options]SingleProcAffinity=Yes

ScrollRate setting will now be saved when it was changed -> edwin.ini -> [Options]ScrollRate=3

Ctrl+X Hotkey combo added to Cut out an area (use Ctrl+V to paste afterwards)

Update:

edwin now supports loading maps with custom rules.ini mods/buildings/triggers/etc.. It will not lose the information anymore and you should be able to edit every map that exists

EFFING AWESOME! This was the final limitation that limited my use of edwin.

One suggestion: is it possible to add buttons for 126x126 or the interior tileset? I know how to do  this so its no problem for me, im just thinking it will be usefull for newcomers

I thought about changing the 64x126 button to 126x126 but then ended up making the editor start with a 126x126 map instead of 96x96 by default. I updated the Editor launcher now so people can choose a custom size and the other mods like infinite ore

Interior is too different, would be too much work adding support for it :(