• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I tried to limit the cpu usage with a tiny trick, normally the editor eats up 100% of 1 core, now it should stay at 0-1% while editing the map. Once you open any menu it will go to 100% again since i didn't fix that up yet. Testers are needed, please let me know if it works

You kinda have to dig through a few forums and sift through topics to find the goodies like this, some uploads should be updated  :laugh:

I'm currently active mapping so I'll try this new version and report on the CPU usage.

EDIT

I just tried the new version of edwin. My CPU usage stayed normal the entire time even when opening menus.  :huh:

You kinda have to dig through a few forums and sift through topics to find the goodies like this, some uploads should be updated  :laugh:

I'm currently active mapping so I'll try this new version and report on the CPU usage.

EDIT

I just tried the new version of edwin. My CPU usage stayed normal the entire time even when opening menus.  :huh:

Yes, i fixed the menus already :) Thanks for testing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a small bug for RAED. The preview for SBAG CYCL BRIK and BARB are missing but display fine when placed. Also i suggest adding the .mix where aftermath.ini is loaded since RAED can read and save the .ini to the directory which is a useful feature.

For some reason, dragging and dropping a file into RedAlertEditorLauncher.exe gives a "file not found" error box.

Strangely enough, when ran through the console instead with the same parameter, the error did not pop up, but nothing was even done with it anyway, so I wonder why the message is even in there :P

[edit]

The error does pop up when giving a full path to a file. lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Found out why edwin was not showing the interior tiles, if someone likes to test around get it here:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/ra/edwin-interior-test.zip

seems to be possible to create maps with it, but it will still crash when you click on the sidebar button so you'll have to use the tilebrowser dialog (space hotkey)

Somone said that the flag icons are missing and thats why it was crashing, so it might just fully work if someone adds the missing files to interior.mix

with this patched edwin you should be able to extend the other theaters and add new tiles using the names of the interior files

hint: drag and drop the interior map on top of the new edwin.exe

edwin_interior.png

Funky

I was thinking today (yes I know a scarry thought) but if there is a real want for the interior why not add an new interior that uses the same files names as all of the other theaters? The interior uses less tiles (tilesets) than the outdoor theaters. This way all of the current interior tiles could be listed in the right catagory and new tilesets could be added.