Why is there no ladder support?

SKRAPSTA

Guest Mechacaseal

QQ has thousands of chinese ra2 players without a ladder and gameranger i herd has always been more popular than xwis and they dont have a ladder. funnily enough xwis which is the only place with a ladder was never that great of a place and i think its only xwis that panders that ladder stuff. tiberian sun ladder was barely used since the game is freeware and dont need serial to play.never a primary factor to play there really or was it? heh.

Guest Mechacaseal

How is having a competitive Ra2 scene not important? its vitally important to alot of people.

How is the ladder vital to competitive play? Are you going to play match after match to be in the hall of fame 'cause as far as i know on xwis that gets reset and forgotten and has not been saved since 2012? Or is it that you need short term gratification to humiliate players and brag to an uncaring and unaware nonexistant audience in the mere hopes they will try to recon/disconnect/cheat/etc so that you can file a cheat report and ban them from the game for your own gratification? The few times XWIS has used the ladder to hand out prizes was to try to boost a dwindling player population. Now I do say sir what is this vital role you speak of?

https://xwis.net/ts/hall-of-fame/

From my perspective the ladder and serial numbers is the only bragging rights xwis has and loves to rub in people's faces.

So you're saying competitve RTS's are a bad thing? That there should be no ladders in any RTS? you're a complete idiot. just because you can't play the game properly doesn't mean other players can't, players who wan't to compete with each other and a clan and quickmatch ladder is how that works.. you're acting like your opinion = fact. while you may not care, there is a community of people who DO care. you have your casual games supported, we want our competitive games. you are clearly an extremely ignorant individual.

Guest Mechacaseal

So you're saying competitve RTS's are a bad thing? That there should be no ladders in any RTS? you're a complete idiot. just because you can't play the game properly doesn't mean other players can't, players who wan't to compete with each other and a clan and quickmatch ladder is how that works.. you're acting like your opinion = fact. while you may not care, there is a community of people who DO care. you have your casual games supported, we want our competitive games. you are clearly an extremely ignorant individual.

You MLG bro? XD

We had no ladder for years, the result is that good players only play against other good players and all of them avoid beginners. When there is a ladder things will change, some good players will hunt for beginners just to get points and increase their ranking. We will clearly lose a lot of new players because of that, but the good players might show up more often just to keep their ranking high. So overall the ladder got good sides and bad sides

Once the ladder was running for a couple of months and all the good players got high rankings then things will change for sure, playing against beginners won't give them points anymore (if the math is good) and the noob hunting will not be such a big problem anymore

Hard to tell what impact the ladder will have on the activity

Guest Mechacaseal

for a good player, playing against a noob is literally pointless. its a harsh truth I know but thats the way it is. its like saying professional ball players should play with amateurs, catch my drift?

Professional MLG world championships 1.5 million dollar 1st place winner. Seats sold out within minutes.

Im sure over time you can collect stats and put people in  "tiers" , if you have a quick match system (which is 100x preferred in my opinion) then over time you can match good players with eachother using this tier system, or, if nobody else is online other than say 1 pro and 1 newb, then points should be fixed accordingly...aka maybe 50% less

Guest Mechacaseal

Im sure over time you can collect stats and put people in  "tiers" , if you have a quick match system (which is 100x preferred in my opinion) then over time you can match good players with eachother using this tier system, or, if nobody else is online other than say 1 pro and 1 newb, then points should be fixed accordingly...aka maybe 50% less

ie not aka lol

if only you were as good at a game you play all day as you are at nitpicking grammar on an internet forum.

Shots Fired!

I think as Funky said a Ladder has its positives and its negatives, but this has been asked (and answered) 100 times.

While everyone wants the positives and competitions of a ladder its important to remember that actual competition brought through a ladder can bring out the very worst of some players.

Guest Mechacaseal

Not if properly monitored

A ladder should 100% be included

What do you mean properly monitored? go into detail. If that means warning/banning bitching about cheat reports bounty hunters etc then lol no gtfo with that cancer.

Not if properly monitored

A ladder should 100% be included

Are you under the mistaken impression anyone is getting paid for this, then? That kind of stuff requires commitment slightly beyond a couple of fans doing it in their free time.

Guest Mechacaseal

Every single person so far that wants the ladder are the most elitest ego driven people in the community and the actual guy making the ladder doesnt even like playing the game. he likes servers more than the game lol. no offense but yall are the minority of the community and have proven with xwis are not the primary factor in a successful server. the mlg wannabes contributed nothing to xwis. you wanna be mlg then act like it and make yourselves worth noticing.

says a guy giving tips on a game that hes garbage at, in his moms basement at the age of 25 making topless commentary videos for 13 views

anyway...

Nyer we all completely love what you guys have done for these older games, and perhaps my comment could have been re-worded, its not to be read like "oh this sucks it didnt come with ladder"

What I mean is, I know you guys are doing this for fun, for the love of the games etc, but as long as there are upgrades and additions that could be made, with people who are capable and willing to make them, then why not do so?

I dont expect this to happen over night...hell ive been here a year and thats fine, I play it for fun and to bash mechcaesal, however myself, and many oher players would play a lot more if there were a ladder, it would make everyone better (when you play better players, you get better)

If I wanted to play in a community with 100 assholes I'd go play at XWIS.

Regardless of how good he is at any C&C game mechaseal is right, having everyone big themselves up and generally being assholes to each other (like this) is not what we want on cncnet.