Why is there no ladder support?

SKRAPSTA

Im sure over time you can collect stats and put people in  "tiers" , if you have a quick match system (which is 100x preferred in my opinion) then over time you can match good players with eachother using this tier system, or, if nobody else is online other than say 1 pro and 1 newb, then points should be fixed accordingly...aka maybe 50% less

ie not aka lol

It should be e.g. and not aka or i.e.

Guest Mechacaseal

how about you man up and not shed tears over people insulting you or acting cocky on the internet.

How about you forget about the dumbass ladder and play the game like an adult lolololol

Why not just let other people play the game how they want to? If you don't want a ladder then don't use it... people will still FFG even if a ladder is implemented. Likewise people who prefer to QM can do just that. I don't see why you have such a problem with the idea?

Just because there is a 'competitive system' in place doesn't necessarily mean there will be more flame/cheats or whatever. Especially if it's implemented and supported in a decent manner. It's pure speculation to say "Oh no, all the horrible XWIS players will come here and start ruining our gaming experience" before anything has even happened. Maybe you will turn out to be right, but there are positives to having a ladder in place too. The majority of FFG's I've played so far have been against players far below my skill level, which is a shame and gets stale. If I offer advice people get defensive, or tell me to put crates on, or tell me to change the map to ToE, or tell me no rush, etc. Which is fine if that is how they want to play the game. However I want to play fast paced matches of higher skill. So a ladder will allow me to do that by pairing me with people of a similar ability. It will also (hopefully) allow people to learn and improve.

Saying that, the RA2/YR community is one of the most aggressive/immature gaming communities I've been a part of, for whatever reason. So who knows. Still, I'd like the option to play both QM and FFG, personally.

but as long as there are upgrades and additions that could be made, with people who are capable and willing to make them, then why not do so?

Look... "Why is feature X not in it?" is not a friendly way of asking such a thing. It sounds like "get off your asses you lazy bastards, this should've been in it ages ago."

We all have our own reasons for doing what we do, and my own reasons never, ever included multiplayer. I care a lot more about figuring out the game than figuring out other people playing it. This whole CnCNet community started more or less by accident when I decided it would be fun to include Myg's peer-to-peer "internet play over the game's LAN function" tool in one of my early C&C95 patch releases, and look where we are now.

Sometimes I'm honestly not sure whether to be happy for its success or sad that our happy little C&C1 forum with a bit of RA1 on the side has been flooded with Red Alert 1 online players and converted to this CnCNet thing. On the rare occasions that I play online, it's to do silly things like the Mobile HQ and Capture The Flag modes in C&C1, without even caring if I win or lose. Actually finding out about the utter disgrace of an excuse of a map that is P4 disgusted me to the core; it's a slap in the face of every Westwood graphics artist who made the beautiful terrain graphics in these games. And now the whole place is starting to cater to freaks who seem to play that kind of stuff without ever even stopping to experience the single player campaign.

And then you come here practically demanding a ladder. No, worse, you come here finding it such an obvious thing you chastise us for not already having made it.

Think about that for a minute, will you?

Guest Mechacaseal

There were many years where I'd get a flutter in my stomach while playing tournament matches in Tiberian Sun in the WOL days. Never in the XWIS days, lol. The ladder has long been irrelevant so much so that XWIS discontinued the HOF. Get over it. You know how raped the ladder is going to get if they dont start banning people? At the very least there are going to be people disconnecting/reconnecting over and over again to avoid a loss. What are they going to do about them? make an entire section to hunt for and ban such people? why because of the ladder thats why.

This is the sad truth at least in xwis which is all I know besides the original Westwood servers.

Saying that, the RA2/YR community is one of the most aggressive/immature gaming communities I've been a part of, for whatever reason. So who knows. Still, I'd like the option to play both QM and FFG, personally.

Guest Mechacaseal

This is the sad truth at least in xwis which is all I know besides the original Westwood servers.

Bet you 1000 dollars the tiberian sun community is a lot more disturbing and vile. we arent immature just sick.

• 1 month later...

I'l make this simple.

CNCNET is a bunch of devs/fans who make it possible for us to play this game. They don't get paid. Making demands or complaining about getting ladders won't get you anywhere. It's a different story if we all were paid subscribers.  Please give them time to sort things out.

PS: I'm 100% Pro-Ladder =)

I'l make this simple.

CNCNET is a bunch of devs/fans who make it possible for us to play this game. They don't get paid. Making demands or complaining about getting ladders won't get you anywhere. It's a different story if we all were paid subscribers.  Please give them time to sort things out.

Hear Hear !!

Now, make me a chicken pot pie..and get me a beer.

I'l make this simple.

No one on this topic was demanding or complaining about the lack of ladder. Rather, they were suggesting the addition for competitive purposes and to complete the "server." The developers obviously understand the benefits of such ladder, thus tahj's page.

The simple answer to the original question is "it's not done yet."

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, the king is back, repent repent

Just a bit of knownledge.. for you all.. I'd like a ladder when and if you can for all

competitiveness will always be there, all old school players from every cnc, will tell you

the ladder was there main concern.. they left because of boredom of cheats on ladder

I mean cheats not disconnecting or reconnecting...

There is NO cheats on this server(For most idk about YR yet as the EXE file appears to be the same as the old one which isn't good. Nerd talk)

So I say release the ladder when you can if you can, and don't bother

trying to find people disconnecting or reconnecting, because from what

I know as fact, people like that automatically lose activity quick.

My first game back I didn't notice my ports or something messed up

I disconnected once in beginning, and got kicked/banned next game

Problem solved, will be like that... word travels fast ask my Ex gf. lol!

Let's just say, everyone knows my personal business coz of words.

people who don't believe will find out for themselves.

However if there are people inventing hacks or old cheats work(I doubt this but its possible) than they will be found out over time

Anyone who remembers WOL servers know the ladder was unsupervised for years

worked perfectly .. minus disconnecting(those people didn't make it up to top of ladder)

Thencheats came along and lots of people quit. Hackingcame along etc

Avoid those things and we're good...

perhaps change the EXE file every year and it will annoy people to re-create new hacks.

I wouldn't worry too much though

MOST of our community wasn't computer  savvy to create hacks, or even a server

Why dou think we got stuck on xwis for years haha.. 

oh well enough nerd talk, have fun and enjoy.. KiNG MaMMY the ruler baq

resurrected in da flesh to bring style back.

• 4 weeks later...