cncnet is stagnating

Guest Mechacaseal

Should be near 500+ players I suppose, since this is based on growth expectations of a specific user.

I will see what we can do to get work back into the system.

Please tell your friends about CNCNet and help others come back to their old nostalgic moments.

I do feel that the community lacks... numbers, but It;s still staggering to see so many other C&C fans who picked up on our existence. Unfortunately, it seems that every time I try to convince my friends to give it a try, they simply shrug it off.

IMHO there is next to no advertising and it seems that the projects don't quite understand how they want to reach out to casual players. I've only seen this advertised on a few dying C&C community websites.

More emphasis needs to be placed on the fact the GAMES are free, rather than the on-line experience, and that they run NATIVELY on modern hardware, with community patches and content.

This page seriously needs reworked from a UI perspective.

I didn't even release each game had a video when you clicked on the image (that you also have to scroll down to see - not great). A single video needs to be displayed on that page first, then the info and images if the user has to scroll. This is basic UI 101. The video should explain what games are legally free, what content is included (official missions, videos, music, maps, custom missions, expansions) and of course the Hi Def online games (and offline - campaign, skirmish) of each game, as well as mention for support of non free games (RA2 etc).

The RA1 video is nice in that you can see it is obviously HiDef, but the TD video... Was that filmed in 1995 or 2015? Guys, you do all this hard work to shoot yourselves in the foot so badly with showing it off.

Sort a GOOD landing page.

Sort a GOOD video.

Then contact all the sites and articles listing free games and link that video and page. Then watch the player base soar.

Guest Mechacaseal

The web designer who made that page was like herp derp it needs to be smart phone friendly. bitch the games dont install on smart phones. i also refuse to browse this forum on a phone sicne it lacks a staggering amount of information on post details. it is very hard to find out what posts are new and what needs to be looked at. the old site was better in functionality and back then yes i did use a smart phone to browse. now i dont. They need to put it back or get better forum software instead of hacking this crap template.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it depends what you mean by 'stagnate'. If you mean the fact that there is not much new content in the TS section, then has it occurred to you that a) most of the core TS community have known each other for years b) most things to be said about TS have already been said 10x over already down the years and c) most TS players don't want to engage in a forum populated exclusively by one of TS's most notorious trolls!

He probably means that there are less players online now and we couldn't get a new all time high for a couple of months. But that is normal at this time of the year (it was the same in the last years)

People will come back at the end of the year when it's cold outside, until that there won't be any new records :D

• 4 weeks later...