RC1985

Hi TD pros,

I just installed the game and went to GDI's mission 1

With both 1024x768 and 800x600 I encountered resolution problems

In both res after deploying my MCV i get duplicate and messed up screens

Here's a screenshot the problem:

11263073_1591766454446471_5677552540510122584_o.jpg

How do I fix this?

Also a side question - where can I download the Covert Operations from? Been googling with no success

Thanks!

This happens when your screen res is bigger than the map. Refresh by pulling down the options menu and exiting. It will just leave a blank black space on the right then.

thanks, nice suggestion i could do that but this would create problems when i'm recording my games for upload to youtube.

also, i foresee i might be clicking into blank space thinking it's a fogged area

any better solutions? :(

im not sure this is still the case but when I installed I got given 2 executables (like RA95.exe and spawn.exe or w/e its called)

I have C&C95.exe which has all the missions and Covert Ops, but missing a couple of the online features (My sidebar has strange effects in hires, a different thing), while cnc95.exe has all the online stuff working but misses the covert ops.

Also the screen glitch problem doesn't affect at all how the game runs, its just because your chosen resolution is larger than the actual map. The first missions (for GDI and Nod) have tiny maps, so its not unusual. You can just ignore it.

im not sure this is still the case but when I installed I got given 2 executables (like RA95.exe and spawn.exe or w/e its called)

I have C&C95.exe which has all the missions and Covert Ops, but missing a couple of the online features (My sidebar has strange effects in hires, a different thing), while cnc95.exe has all the online stuff working but misses the covert ops.

apparently one is for the singleplayer game and one is for cncnet.  Bummer because the cncnet one works better on my laptop, however it wont  load mix files and it has that stupid super fast c-17.  If only they could merge the features of the cncnet one (extended sidebar, easier running on windows 8, etc) into the original.

apparently one is for the singleplayer game and one is for cncnet.  Bummer because the cncnet one works better on my laptop, however it wont  load mix files and it has that stupid super fast c-17.  If only they could merge the features of the cncnet one (extended sidebar, easier running on windows 8, etc) into the original.

i have only C&C85.exe and it doesn't contain the covert operations. c&c95.exe doesn't work for me (unable to read scenario), i think this is for online use.

I'll post this question in a new thread to invite more responses.

thanks!

C&C95.exe is the normal exe file.

cnc95.exe is the CnCNet spawner and can't load certain files for some reason.

If you cannot load Covert Ops you probably downloaded the online version. The complete version and videos can be downloaded here: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

i actually downloaded my game from the site you mentioned - full game, patch 1.06c and videos. no covert ops :/

Nothing in the "new missions" menu?

mix files are not read.  However, if you just have individual map files (bin+ini) in your directory, it'll read those in the new missions menu.  I always figured that is so old map packs wouldn't conflict with the maps available on cncnet.

No, I just know you're Korean (or thereabouts, sorry if I'm mistaken), probably from RA vids on youtube - I don't play RA but I do watch reps from time to time.

Korean LMFAO. My turn now - you Balkees should stay on at school till you're 17 instead of dropping halfway and becoming junkies :P

Forum's IP tracking says "Singapore" :P

By the way, RC1985, you should take a look at the readme file that comes with the C&C95 v1.06c version (or the HTML version on the site in the "release notes" link). It contains an FAQ which contains all answers to things like this.

As for why the extended sidebar code isn't in the patch yet, that's because of the wonky power bar thing. I don't want to add things into the patch that prevent it from reacting 100% like the original, and that power bar bug looks really dumb.

By the way, RC1985, you should take a look at the readme file that comes with the C&C95 v1.06c version (or the HTML version on the site in the "release notes" link). It contains an FAQ which contains all answers to things like this.

As for why the extended sidebar code isn't in the patch yet, that's because of the wonky power bar thing. I don't want to add things into the patch that prevent it from reacting 100% like the original, and that power bar bug looks really dumb.

Ah thanks, didn't know about the readme. Let me look it up.

Singapore is faarrrr from Korea :P

Well, I was a couple of thousand miles off. In my defence, East and Southeast Asia are a bit of a broad topic.

EDIT: For contrast, the entire Southeast Europe (a. k. a. the Balkans) is barely 1000 km from end to end.