TEMPICNH.MIX

uninstss.exe

UPDATE.MIX

UPDATEC.MIX

VOICES.SMP

WESTLOGO.VQA

WESTLOGO.VQP

WINTICNH.MIX

This about as far as I have got to it. I have replaced the 16 bit setup with a 32 bit setup and ran it from the Setup folder and got this far even made a new iso.img and mounted it but that didn't get this far. i have even burnt it to a cd and it didn't get that far only with the files in the folder on a hard drive it will get this far any way to by pass the cd needed?any kind of script or anything that i can mod to get it to by pass it and get any further than what i have gotten?

Untitled.png.6818d6db7c2f8c5dc23b96710b2e6449.png

They are indeed contained within setup.Z which is an install shield 3 archive if my memory serves correctly. I wrote a tool for myself specifically to extract this on linux so it anyone wants some information on the file format I can provide it, but on windows universal unarchiver can extract it which uses install shield DLLs I believe.

okay long story short i got desperate and dual booted windows xp just to extract those files." Blade". but simple method just use Universal Extractor to extract the files from the SETUP.Z file but either way i would not go the route of duel booting took me forever just to get windows xp, windows files to run certain programs just to get windows 7 mbr straight so i can boot back into windows 7 to get it going again. But ya booth methods work  :D.

Now wheres the High Resolution Patch for the game?

Okay, so I managed to install Sole Survivor using WinPack, extracted all other files from the ISO to the Sole Survivor directory to be on the safe side. Patches 1.02 - 1.05 work on 64-bit systems, thank God. The game runs in compatibility mode for Windows 98, but even though I've disabled visual themes and desktop composition, many palettes are read incorrectly, leading to a very ugly visual appearance.

• 4 months later...

While looking for a way to run 16-bit console apps on 64-bit Windows like they ran on 32-bit Win (which i found https://github.com/vyv03354/msdos),

i came across "InstallShield Wrapper", it makes it possible to run the old InstallShield based setups such as the Sole Survivor Installer and many many more.

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42464&sid=3149616fb6403cb3f4bbc73846740610&start=20

With this all you need to do is install the wrapper and old IS based setups will just run from now on :D

In the case of C&C95 and RA installers set setup_isw.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\InstallShield\v3x to Windows 95 Compatibility mode else the setup will detect the OS as Windows 6.1 say its a Windows 95 product.

There is also another method, but it won't work unless you have a setup where the needed files are in the same folder as the setup exe which is not the case with Sole Survivor.

But i'm linking it if anyone has trouble with any other game setup and the wrapper doesn't work

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10988

• 1 month later...