Aftermath Soviet Mission "Situation Critical" 3.03 Fix

MrFlibble

You may have noticed that after installing the 3.03 patch, the Aftermath Soviet mission "Situation Critical" gets nearly unplayable as all the subs you have at the beginning suddenly uncloak, exposing themselves to enemy Tesla coils. As I recently found out, this happens because in v3.03, a feature was built to uncloak all submarines if a player has no other units remaining, for the sake of multiplayer games. However, the devs somehow forgot this screws up a singleplayer mission (I hope only this one).

Anyhow, the solution turned out to be really simple: I placed a player-owned Destroyer just outside the visible map area, so it can't be used, but its presence nixes out the auto-uncloak trigger for the subs. This change also does not affect win/lose triggers as the mission is lost only if all Missile Subs or Volkov and/or the scientist are destroyed.

scu44ea.zip

thanks for the info!

also, i need help installing 3.03 to my first decade. or is there a patch meant for the first decade? after every time i put it into my directory it doesn't work which requires reinstallation. i might be putting it into the wrong directory.  :(

• 3 years later...

The decloaking cloaked units if there are no non-cloaked units logic also affects the Counterstrike mission Siberian Conflict 2: Trapped. Your mission is to destroy all Soviet structures but they also have subs, the mission creator got lazy and gave the subs to another house allied with the Soviets. The house has no other units than subs.

Funky made a fix for it yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

This may be a LOT late and all, but I have found a solution without having to change the game. There IS a solution that allows you to beat this map without relying on the subs being able to submerge.

* SPOILER ALERT*

All you have to do is destroy 2 Power Plants and NO Tesla Coils. That will be the trigger (power down for the defenses) for reinforcements (Transport Ship with Volkov and Scientist) to arrive.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:29 AM, magakuffar said:

All you have to do is destroy 2 Power Plants and NO Tesla Coils.

I think most people didn't bother about the tesla coils. The missile subs can destroy the two nearby powers from their original position, all it needs is to scout the power.

• 2 years later...