Download Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge for free on Origin

FunkyFr3sh

Everytime I look at my C&C *Ultimate* Collection, I smh smh%20animated%20smiley.gif; People that aren't even paid for their C&C related work, have never worked for Westwood or EA, no inside knowledge or material such as source codes or any official coding documentation, lack of spare time - have done a waaay better job than those who have all that.

no inside knowledge or material such as source codes or any official coding documentation, lack of spare time - have done a waaay better job than those who have all that.

They don't have any of that either, EA lost Westwood source codes till Renegade and assets somewhere in transit when they were moving Westwood stuff to EA LA after they shut down Westwood.

This was confirmed by Louis Castle

Further proof is that the mixes in TFD and that would also mean in TUC were edited with XCC Mixer (as it leaves a local database for filenames when saving in the mix)

They don't have any of that either, EA lost Westwood source codes till Renegade and assets somewhere in transit when they were moving Westwood stuff to EA LA after they shut down Westwood.

I don't think so. they edited .exes for ultimate collection to add  their copy protection crap, how would they do it without a source? don't even think they hex-edited or decompiled it

I don't think so. they edited .exes for ultimate collection to add  their copy protection crap,

The copy protection was already there, they just removed the dependency on the disc.

how would they do it without a source? don't even think they hex-edited or decompiled it

Yeah, and you of all people KNOW that they didn't decompile it enough to do so. Yeah. All the proof is there. :roll:

I don't think so. they edited .exes for ultimate collection to add  their copy protection crap, how would they do it without a source? don't even think they hex-edited or decompiled it

They did actually do hex edits, they just added all the known community hex patches in TFD.

Really really really really easy, SafeDisc protected application launching functions like this :

There is a launcher, that does its magic voodoo protection stuff and then if all is ok it launches the actual game exe and tells it that the game was launched from the launcher and thus the game proceeds to start, else game instantly closes if it doesn't get that OK to start.

All you need to do is make a new launcher exe that tells the game exe that same thing. Since EA would still have the SafeDisc integration source code they know what needs to be feed to the game exe.

And thats exactly all EA did.

They did actually do hex edits, they just added all the known community hex patches in TFD.

Um. All these patches only started appearing after TFD, tomsons. I discussed this issue with the community manager over mail, and basically they couldn't add any of those, because then they would become "official patches", and then they had to guarantee that they actually worked, and they couldn't guarantee any such thing on community-made hacks.

Um. All these patches only started appearing after TFD, tomsons. I discussed this issue with the community manager over mail, and basically they couldn't add any of those, because then they would become "official patches", and then they had to guarantee that they actually worked, and they couldn't guarantee any such thing on community-made hacks.

You should have asked him while interviewing him (or told Koen to ask him), it's harder to say 'no' in person :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYhTxV4hAcw

To clear out the recompiled updated for newer systems myth, well rather EA PR stunt here is a bin diff and internal EXE compilation timestamp

If if was a new exe compiled from the sources there wouldn't be minor byte differences, in fact i couldn't really diff it in a hex editor at all, all would be different, you would need to do a disassembly level comparison to see what has changed.

bincompare.png.2caca10db4d8ab7c2cf7e88fa1bf9638.png

You should have asked him while interviewing him (or told Koen to ask him), it's harder to say 'no' in person :D

Different community manager. That was Apoc, in the TFD days. And Apoc was all for including fan patches, but it was blocked from higher up. Remember, these guys are mostly just the public face of the franchise. They can offer suggestions, but they don't get to make the decisions.