New Update Released - 10-10-2015

Rampastring

Fixes and changes:

- New game options: RA2 Classic Mode and Brutal AI

- Fixed: DateTime parsing client crash

- Wsock32.dll is now deleted on client startup, resolves issues caused by wsock32.dll installed by third-party patches

- Resolved an issue related to map previews not getting rendered

- Improved the conditions for when players get the "Modified files detected" message to avoid false positives

Feedback, bugs, etc. can be posted to this topic.

I'm using wsock from lan patch to play with frends in non-yr mods, like 1.007 patch. will it be restored after closing cncnet?

no music? I was a bit disappointed. instead of merging ra2 and yr playlists cncnet has no tracks at all. why?

Well no, tbh that dll shouldn't even work on anything later than XP in the first place anymore.

Huh? The YR tracks are there, nothing changed there.

It's not that simple, the game loads thememd.mix, it only falls back to theme.mix when thememd.mix is missing.

Unless someone figures out how to hack it to get the game to load both mixes nothing can be done about it, because we are not going to pack 75 extra MB just for music, the client is supposed to be lightweight.

About the classic RA2 mode...

the Industrial Plant and Robot Control Center are not in RA2.

Not really important but some units still have YR voices like the

-MCV

-War Miner

-Aircraft Carrier

Everything else that I've seen so far seems ok.

Its not supposed to have them, it's RA2.

Don't see a point in going back to the generic vehicle sounds.

Well no, tbh that dll shouldn't even work on anything later than XP in the first place anymore.

Huh? The YR tracks are there, nothing changed there.

It's not that simple, the game loads thememd.mix, it only falls back to theme.mix when thememd.mix is missing.

are you serious? we play through hamachi and on real lan with that dll, all having windows 7, because there is no other real options to play ra2 mods, what are you talking about?

without it network button does not even work.

And I have music in normal game, but when launched with cncnet it gave me empty playlist.

Unless someone figures out how to hack it to get the game to load both mixes nothing can be done about it, because we are not going to pack 75 extra MB just for music, the client is supposed to be lightweight.

eh, YR playlist manager?

@tomsons26: The wsock32.dll works on everything prior to Windows 10. For CnCNet it's unnecessary and just causes problems though, so I made the client remove it.

but it is necessary for non cncnet plays, so why not just rename/move and then restore it?

We'll work on a solution to such in a future update, but currently there were too many players complaining of errors caused by wsock32.dll so we've had to remove.

http://pfile.cn/dcggi3

dcggi3

cant start game

expandmd02.mix  was used in another process

Hello - does expandmd02.mix exist in your game directory?

Are you running Yuri's Revenge else where? Check your process list for gamemd.exe

the error"expandmd02.mix  was used in another process" appeard again

So i try to delete  "expandmd02.mix" ,  show  It was opened by cncmap

then i found and kill explorer.exe process ,  "expandmd02.mix can be deleted,then ctrl+z back;

and game can start

then i found and kill explorer.exe process ,  "expandmd02.mix can be deleted,then ctrl+z back;

and game can start

and game can start

Hi thanks for this, this actually helped us narrow down what exactly was causing this issue, so thank you for reporting.

We'll be releasing a fix soon!

"- Improved the conditions for when players get the "Modified files detected" message to avoid false positives"

I installed Red Alert 2 and CNCnet today.

Keep getting kicked with the above message...

Tried to uninstall, delete all leftover files, reinstall, still getting kicked.

Something went wrong with the bugfix?

Once again, it's great for what it is however I'd like to see more maps added to Meat Grinder and also make mod maps available under Unholy Alliance. I'm not sure if this was fixed yet in 1.87 but I tried hosting Extra Small with RA2 mode enabled and got an internal error right as the load screen appears; one thing though is that in both instances, "No Spawn Previews" was enabled... so perhaps that particular combination triggered the errors?

For the next major update, I'd like to see more Game Lobby options (actually, mostly filters):

-All random Positions -- when enabled, make an expandable option so that on any setting except FFA, it automatically knows which team to place each player... or perhaps have choices like LvR, TvB, 3v1, 4v2 etc.

-Allied/Soviet only with two options: 1. Players or Host choose countries 2. Random

-Yuri only -- players cannot select a different country

-When crates are turned on, make these options available:

1. No Yuri MCV

2. Matching MCV from crates: The only MCVs that players can acquire from crates are the same as what they started with. For example, if someone starts out with a Soviet country, as far as MCV crates are concerned, they will not be able to acquire an Allied or Yuri MCV.

3. Be able to adjust the abundance of crates, perhaps have choices like this: A. Normal, B. Minimal, C. Double, D. Triple, etc. Imagine being able to play other official maps besides ToE where there's lots of crates!

-Miners From Factory First (up to 3): Before any other vehicle can be built, you must first build the minimum number of miners required, which is set by host. It'll still let you queue other vehicles but the game will not allow them to start being made until the last required miner is ready.

-No spying factories or barracks (primarily for ToE and possibly custom crate maps)

-No Navy