KABOOM? Error? Something not working? Post here

Grant

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's unable to connect to the update server. Check your firewall settings etc. to make sure that nothing is blocking it.

If you're sure that you have nothing blocking the client's access to the Internet, it could also be the update server blocking you - I've had that myself lately. If that's the case here, there's nothing I can do.

Also, are you able to download this with your browser? http://downloads.cncnet.org/updates/yr/CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

I got some problems installing CnCNet on one of my computers.

Win10 64bit - fresh ra2-yr install throuh origin, game launches fine.

Tries to install CnCNet, get purple artifacts in logo similar to prior poster, then "customized cultures cannot be passed by lcid, only by name." -error.

Tried to download CnCNet several times, restarted computer, checked that i have .Net 3.5 (see screenshot) , newest GeForce drivers.

...help  :volkov:

kaboom1.jpg.2847391b04c6d2224971beef0914b101.jpg

kaboom2.jpg.7fdbfddc5e63a79044314887aa1efb51.jpg

kaboom3.jpg.3360b13231d0c4d9f61968bbfd51f441.jpg

kaboom4.jpg.aa99b762bfb9b7094761922ba1fd705c.jpg

cncnetclient.log

Tries to install CnCNet, get purple artifacts in logo similar to prior poster, then "customized cultures cannot be passed by lcid, only by name." -error.

I have no idea what's up with that error message. Based on googling it appears that changing the region setting in Control Panel > Region > Formats might help.

The pink stuff is due to an outdated file in the installer, that's our fault but it should be fixed if the client could connect to update servers. Could you upload client.log here, and also, can you download http://downloads.cncnet.org/updates/yr/CnCNetYRLauncher.exe with your browser?

PS Is there any way to get updates manualy?

It wouldn't be a simple process.

The pink stuff is due to an outdated file in the installer, that's our fault but it should be fixed if the client could connect to update servers. Could you upload client.log here, and also, can you download http://downloads.cncnet.org/updates/yr/CnCNetYRLauncher.exe with your browser?

No problem downloading your .exe file. Client.log attached.

I've also tried changing the region settings to various contries, also tried changing the language of windows. Still same error :\

client.log

I've also tried changing the region settings to various contries, also tried changing the language of windows. Still same error :\

What does that error message mean in English? ( Det oppstod et unntak i løpet av en WebClient-forespørsel. )

Are you going to support 443 anytime soon? My ISP has issues with port forwarding so sometimes I can't play if the modem won't update.

I do support 443, but the server (GameSurge) doesn't. There's nothing I can do about it.

What does that error message mean in English? ( Det oppstod et unntak i løpet av en WebClient-forespørsel. )

"There was an expeption during a WebClient-call" or something like that.