KABOOM? Error? Something not working? Post here

Grant

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, got a problem with the last update

I can't start CnC anymore  :(

Windows 7 gives me the error 'CNCNet Client has stopped working' when I try to start it.

Drop these files into your game directory - https://downloads.cncnet.org/updates/update.zip

I try it

Nothing changed :/

Can you upload your cncnetclient.log file found in your game directory?

Though it sounds like a dodgy update, I would reinstall using the installer on our site. https://cncnet.org/download

Hi, got a problem with the last update

I can't start CnC anymore  :(

Windows 7 gives me the error 'CNCNet Client has stopped working' when I try to start it.

Drop these files into your game directory - https://downloads.cncnet.org/updates/update.zip

I try it

Nothing changed :/

Can you upload your cncnetclient.log file found in your game directory?

Though it sounds like a dodgy update, I would reinstall using the installer on our site. https://cncnet.org/download

I reinstall it and it is working now thank you  :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

First my English is not good.

And when I finshed the installation. this Main Menu↓

http://imgur.com/a/WZWrx

Then I click the "CnCent" this window will close and few sec later the same window pop up

cncnetclient.log↓

25. 7. 21:33:35.855    Logfile for unified CnCNet Client version 1.16.4.4

25. 7. 21:33:35.859    Skipping reading statistics because the file doesn't exist!

25. 7. 21:33:35.873    Startup paremeter: alternative resources directory

25. 7. 21:33:35.917    Initializing supported game list.

25. 7. 21:33:35.922    Initializing maps.

25. 7. 21:33:36.322    Finished initializing maps.

25. 7. 21:33:39.464    Leaderboard Status Check: "pong"

Then I click the "CnCent" this window will close and few sec later the same window pop up

cncnetclient.log↓

25. 7. 21:33:35.859    Skipping reading statistics because the file doesn't exist!

Hello, could you upload client.log also?

Also ensure your .NET 4 framework is installed.

cncnetclient.log↓

Hello, could you upload client.log also?

Also ensure your .NET 4 framework is installed.

I have install that already.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fLhE_d580dQ0VoRXg1WlZUZHc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fLhE_d580deDAzTVh6cEppcEE/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting this when I click any option on the YR cncnet launcher. I have pictures of the rest of the details area but I dont know how to fix this. Please help!

I had such a crash too some time ago, could fix it by taking the font from another pc and just reinstall it

• 2 weeks later...

I have general question about kabooms.

What makes them need to re-load the client? Many times when I kaboom I watch the client (like not pressing the ok button) and I still see everything going on. The people talk, the host stuff still changes, etc. What makes a kaboom's client state that it need to close it completely? One time I was ready and kaboom'd and I waited for fun out of it and the game started! Isn't there a way to make kabooms more an error in like chatbox that an error happened instead of closing the whole client? At some point it gets very annoying, but if the client gets in an unstable state than perhaps you guys got reasons why you need fully restart it.

"Kaboom"'s or whatever the fuck you wanna call it.

Are basically errors that whoever made the Client didn't expect to happen. Those errors are thrown as CLR exceptions and aren't caught and handled at the appropriate locations inside the code.

What this leads to is propagation of the exception all the way up the call stack where a last exception handler is installed just to prevent the .NET Runtime from terminating the program in an ugly way. Anyways, that last exception handler then shows that MessageBox with the caption "KABOOM..." and the details about that particular fatal System.Exception object. Once you press "OK" on the MessageBox the thread where this happened in would terminate and leave the Client in an unusable/non-functional/unstable state.

That's why you want to close and restart it at that point.

Yes, I know I'm nice for explaining, thanks, thanks.

Hey there,

I recently bought the game as I saw your progress on the integration of RA2/YR was almost completely done and my fingers were itching to try and play RA2 against other people again. Now I installed everything (bought via Origin in the collection) and the game works great on its own, though when I try to run anything through the client it doesn't work. I've already tried several compatibility/administrator fixes but nothing has seemed to work.

The error that comes up seems to differ from time to time. Though it's mostly the "Main executable" error

cncnetclient.log

Hey there,

I recently bought the game as I saw your progress on the integration of RA2/YR was almost completely done and my fingers were itching to try and play RA2 against other people again. Now I installed everything (bought via Origin in the collection) and the game works great on its own, though when I try to run anything through the client it doesn't work. I've already tried several compatibility/administrator fixes but nothing has seemed to work.

The error that comes up seems to differ from time to time. Though it's mostly the "Main executable" error

Hello, sorry to hear this. For us to check out what's going wrong, could you upload your except.txt found in your game directory where CnCNet is installed.

Though it's mostly the "Main executable" error

Hello, sorry to hear this. For us to check out what's going wrong, could you upload your except.txt found in your game directory where CnCNet is installed.

Main executable errors don't generate except.txt. Internal errors, do.

Hey there,

Here you go, I do have one of these files in my folder. Now I have no clue myself what's causing this as I've said before. For as far as I can gather it should have something to do with CnCnet itself or Origin working with it in some weird way.

except.txt

Help please

The last few days when I run the cnc net I get about 5 script errors while it tries to update itself. And the update does not start and give "Update error"

I can connect to the cnc network but I cant join or host a game.

And here is my client.txt file attached.

Thanks.

client.log

Help please

The last few days when I run the cnc net I get about 5 script errors while it tries to update itself. And the update does not start and give "Update error"

I can connect to the cnc network but I cant join or host a game.

And here is my client.txt file attached.

Thanks.

Go to C:\Program Files\Red Alert 2 k\Red Alert 2\

Delete spawnmap.ini and restart

Hello, I have a bug in the game when you start the game without CnCnet launcher everything works fine , the error only when run through the launcher, when you restore a previous version of the game (2.42) the game works but when updating error comes back , I think it is in the update. Windows 7.

0H0Rpu6o3_M.jpg.97bc83131667a362a45fca15f86707b3.jpg

Hello, I have a bug in the game when you start the game without CnCnet launcher everything works fine , the error only when run through the launcher, when you restore a previous version of the game (2.42) the game works but when updating error comes back , I think it is in the update. Windows 7.

Hello does this error happen everytime you launch a game via CnCNet? Skirmish too?

Could you upload the except.txt file found in your game directory to this post when this happens.

Hello does this error happen everytime you launch a game via CnCNet? Skirmish too?

Could you upload the except.txt file found in your game directory to this post when this happens.

This error is both in skirmish and play with people.

except.txt

This error is both in skirmish and play with people.

Hello thank you for uploading this. Could we ask that you upload your spawn.ini file also found in your game directory please?

We have a couple of developers looking into this.