Yr ladder - Discussion

ZiGZaG

I agree with pretty much everything fir3w0rx said.

Except perhaps put unit count to 1 - this evens SvA out a bit in that soviets spawn with a small $200 advantage.

Other than that, superweapons should always be on - otherwise SvA games are not balanced and allied will always have the upper hand in any game longer than 2 minutes (as soon as they build their air force command and start getting their free paradrops and pump out rocketeers and planes, I don't think I even need to mention the allied battle lab and mirage/prism tanks).

Yea keep things basic standard Westwood settings on standard maps, 0 units, 10k repacks on.

What would be ideal would be a tournament function similar to XWIS qm.

Like at the first menu where u click cncnet for custom games have a tab for tournament games.

Obviously map match up's and sw settings per match type settings would have to be organised for this but we can easily provide that info if it could be added somewhere down the line.

I really want to see a ladder for Yuri in CNCNET, but i think few important things need to be answered:

- What will happens if someone crash a game when losing? or uses some cheats that works on this server like infinite armor/power/control all units? who will verify the cheater/winner?

- Will the ladder be safe from bad sport like pushing?

- How points are awarded? i think this must be adjusted, take a look at RA1 ladder for exemple, Paul #140 (the last one) got 836 points for winning 4 games out of 29  :D, when #1 got only 1248 points with his pretty good stats (191/77).

- Will nicks used in the ladder be linked to the player's account in the forum? This will avoid using tons of nicknames and keeps the identity of the players known, maybe limit accounts to 9 per user like in xwis? (not sure if this possible without linking a serial :roll:)

Also with all my respect Mr.Tore, RA1 isn't the most popular game in the server, yes it might be the most played game (with slightly few games above Yuri), sadly the stats showing the number of games played per day got removed for some absurd reason but i'm sure that with any generic ladder, Yuri will jump up, i guarantee you  ;)

- What will happens if someone crash a game when losing? or uses some cheats that works on this server like infinite armor/power/control all units? who will verify the cheater/winner?

I'm not sure what happens if someone's game crashes. You'll have to ask Tahj for info on that. If we see good evidence of someone cheating, they'll get banned.

- Will the ladder be safe from bad sport like pushing?

I'm not sure what you mean with "pushing".

- How points are awarded? i think this must be adjusted, take a look at RA1 ladder for exemple, Paul #140 (the last one) got 836 points for winning 4 games out of 29  :D, when #1 got only 1248 points with his pretty good stats (191/77).

The point awards will work similarly in all CnCNet games. The related algorithms have been designed and are controlled by Tahj.

- Will nicks used in the ladder be linked to the player's account in the forum?

Yes, as far as I know.

Also with all my respect Mr.Tore, RA1 isn't the most popular game in the server, yes it might be the most played game (with slightly few games above Yuri), sadly the stats showing the number of games played per day got removed for some absurd reason but i'm sure that with any generic ladder, Yuri will jump up, i guarantee you  ;)

Red Alert 1 is the most popular game on CnCNet, in both player and game counts. At the time of writing this, there's 171 RA1 players and 116 YR players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like everyone wants the ladder to be restricted to default settings and default maps. We'll go with that, then.

Ladder will use the current game lobby, the settings will just be locked and the map list restricted. Ladder games will also get a cup icon in the game list.

lock speed to fastest (no more speed sabotaging to make a match not count due to low fps, and also annoy other player)

Technically impossible, for me at least. While I could lock the game speed in the game lobby, you'd still be able to change it in-game.

lock speed to fastest (no more speed sabotaging to make a match not count due to low fps, and also annoy other player)

Technically impossible, for me at least. While I could lock the game speed in the game lobby, you'd still be able to change it in-game.

That can be hacked, too (the control can be disabled or removed).

Extra effort, tho = extra $$$

I'd expect there to already be a way. At least in TS you can take screenshots in-game with Ctrl + C, I'd expect there to be a similar hotkey in YR as well.

Yep, it's the same hot key. The screenshot gets saved in the Yuri folder as a .PCX file.

Tried ctrl c and pr scr..nothing in folder=/

When I typed that RA1 had 200 players and YR had 100. ;)

Sometimes it is close, but most of the time RA1 has the most players.

My offer still stands, they can hit me up at any time.

arent u a mentally challenged retard with no job at all?

also havent u cheated your ass off at xwis so you got perm banned?

so why exactly should they take ur "offer", unless they're even more retarded than urself? :|

arent u a mentally challenged retard with no job at all?

I'm a student.

also havent u cheated your ass off at xwis so you got perm banned?

I've never cheated on XWIS.

so why exactly should they take ur "offer", unless they're even more retarded than urself? :|

Because I can help them get the YR ladder going? Jealous much? :|