Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert: Counterstrike

TaxOwlbear

I think the function is somewhat bugged... if you capture the naval yard it nukes you but if you build a naval yard or destroy it the mig doesn't do anything....

I also use to sit forever in the mission long time ago and the Nuke Mig would eventually just nuke me till i'm dead probably because it's two main missions was destroying buildings and units and all i had was my little base for it to take out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it  ;)

I have to now.

The tough guy on that mission is almost as powerful as volkov (except he can be crushed) but if you sent a battalion of heavy tanks like that you won't notice since he'll get fried quickly.

Those tanks fry everything that doesn't fly. It's beautiful to see them melt buildings and units with one blast. :)

Counterstrike was always my personal favorite expansion... The one mission I always played way back on PS1 was Legecy of Tesla. I always thought my base looked so cool and just sat there intill the Nuke Bomber destroyed me. XD

Speaking of the ''new units'' In the Fresh Tracks mission I find it strange that Westwood named the longbow ''F-A Longbow'' gave it 10 laser guided rockets instead of 5 heat seeking ones plus it's very fast and it's not even mentioned in briefing or anything.

This is yet another nuke mission. I mean, they not even pretending it's actually a fuel air bomb. Even the mission name contains "nuclear".

Overall, not too bad of a mission. Barely any of the bombs are aimed at your base, and there's probably a spot where you are entirely safe. I could have ended this even earlier had I known about the second ore field.

Soviets Mission 8: Nuclear Escalation

The fuel bombs (or nukes whatever it is) are always aimed at predetermined spots, flares will show you where the bombs will always hit once you captured the western tech lab but I never pay attention to those markers. I don't think people bother avoiding the marked bombing spots anyway.

Ah, the famous ant campaign. Back in ye olden days, when stuff like this wasn't all over the Internet right away, this completely blew me away, and that was after I had played the dinosaur missions.

The first mission isn't too bad. The very first time I played it, I thought it was impossible because I got swarmed right away. Later, I learned to value the rifleman spam.

Ant Mission 1: Discovery!