Anyone make a Mod fix for Origin C&C games?

sgtmyers88

First off I don't use EA Origin so I have no clue how they formatted the system but I was hearing that the only way to get mods to work in Generals, Zero Hour, and Tiberium Wars is that you will have to extract and decompile all of the individual game data folders from the custom mod files (.big .gib .tdr etc.) with FinalBIG and then copy them into the root game directory. Is this correct or is there another way around it?

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Yeah EA needs to cut their crap with this. The latest update has indeed broke these as well. I am just glad I still have my retail disk copies safely stored away with a digital backup made for TFD.

Edited by sgtmyers88
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, sgtmyers88 said:

"Due to an Origin update the launchers are no longer functional."

AFWIK the guy who was applying these "fixes" for using mods on Origin has stopped.

Why do you actually need those launchers? I never understood it, can you explain what's needed to start the mod?

I was reading that these launchers let command line parameters pass through, so I guess you need to pass some parameters to the game to launch the mods?

Origin lets you specify command line parameters too, so I really have no idea what's the deal with these launchers.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, airstrik0 said:

no its not cause what im playing is origin so if its working for others and not for origin its not irrelevent

It's quite irrelevant as platform differences don't manifest in tiny details like that.

It manifests in the entire game/mod not working etc.

in any case the cnc collections launchers now have an update to make the game work if people are still having a problem should be 1.19 and not 1.16 now.  I would post a link I think an someone is  taking links that are posted and going back to ea to make an update to make the mods unable to work.. which really wouldn't surprise me sense the company has an enormous ego. and yes i know the 1.19  in the links so far provided dont work. i just realized with mod installed i can now play the game without turning origin on at all.

Edited by airstrik0

3 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

I've seen and heard a lot of stupid stuff today, and this is at the top.

The worst one i've heard of was someone saying that all the presidents are related and that the us government was a monarchy man was that guy insistent. And  he kept saying that's what they want us to think and that the monarchy is just a secondary cover for something much larger.  And you really shouldn't go around insulting other peoples opinions.  At least not directly to them.

2 minutes ago, airstrik0 said:

And you really shouldn't go around insulting other peoples opinions.  At least not directly to them. 

Wild ideas with no grounds, yet your only defense is "stop insulting". It wasn't even an ad hominem.

How about you first:

a) educate yourself on how those launchers actually work and how the latest versions were barely made

b) stop talking about things you don't even begin to understand in general

c) drop the circlejerk that EA is deliberately trying to break a game that nobody knows if they even have the source code for.

3 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Wild ideas with no grounds, yet your only defense is "stop insulting". It wasn't even an ad hominem.

How about you first:

a) educate yourself on how those launchers actually work and how the latest versions were barely made

b) stop talking about things you don't even begin to understand in general

c) drop the circlejerk that EA is deliberately trying to break a game that nobody knows if they even have the source code for.

I rather let you believe what you want then deal with your troll style BS.

• Haha 2