Westwood (2pl)

nariac

Made a small 1v1 multiplayer map where both players start in the east, and the only land routes to attack are through a forest in the west. In addition, both players have access to Airstrikes by capturing the nearby Communications Centre.

scm55ea.BIN

scm55ea.INI

Edited by nariac
Reattaching. Sadly don't have the picture anymore.

Airstrikes? Scary. Means you can more or less win with a superweapon rush, because, if the airstrike itself doesn't do the job already, an airstrike plus another superweapon is pretty much guaranteed to take out a CY.

Not even mentioning the fact the cheap HQ will help you a nice step into that superweapon rush.

Airstrikes? Scary. Means you can more or less win with a superweapon rush, because, if the airstrike itself doesn't do the job already, an airstrike plus another superweapon is pretty much guaranteed to take out a CY.

Not even mentioning the fact the cheap HQ will help you a nice step into that superweapon rush.

That's what I was hoping for. :P The geography makes it easy to turtle, and we don't see enough superweapons in multiplayer - the games are over too fast!

That map looks good.

I don't think, there will be much turtling. Instead, I suspect too, an airstrike rush with some apaches or orca's will end the game soon.

Can rush a SAM site or an AVG before the enemy can properly scout your base for a helicopter attack. Still, I guess the only way to find out is if people try it out. :P

Neat. Reminds me somewhat of Cn2's fjord.

Not sure about the super weapons. I think that flyers + the airstrike would take down a con yard, too... pretty much regardless of how much AA there is.

I like the layout a lot, though. The broken bridge is a piece of art. Nice placement on that!

I like how the trees are really part of the terrain, too. Nice work.

The thing is nobody's sure if the airstrike trigger works in MP or if it crashes the game. Have you tested it with actual players?

I've only tested it with myself in "sandbox" multiplayer (Capture the Flag, AI, Units = 0, so they have an MHQ) and capping the Comm Centre gave me an Airstrike just fine.

The triggers were: Player Enters, Airstrike, Any, None for both of the Comm Centres (differently named triggers of course)

I thought I was being super clever with Any, but it turns out having Player Enters - None, had the same effect so I changed it to None.

Not sure about the super weapons. I think that flyers + the airstrike would take down a con yard, too... pretty much regardless of how much AA there is.

The Airstrike is just one plane, and they can be shot down pretty easily, but yes it does take a conyard into the red by itself. However there may not be enough tiberium for a player to try to rush helicopters or a second superweapon, and if they do, that's money not going into units so they could get rushed down on the ground! It's all in the tactics!

Airstrikes are deceptive in C&C1, though; the planes often don't spread out properly, making up to three or even four planes fly exactly the same route and thus making them look like a single plane.

I'm not entirely sure what would determine the amount of planes in multiplayer, but knowing Westwood, it could be something as dumb as the perceived "mission number" as derived off the map number. They actually did stuff like that :dry:

CY in red + 1 apache = dead

And you can have 4 before the opponent has a factory/airfield.

Players often have, when anticipating air, only like 6 to 8 rocket soldiers ready at that point?

If you want to keep the communications centra in this map. Perhaps you can do something about them being taken over.

Can you place walls around them? Prefarably concrete?

Then players need to bash through first, before an engineer can get in.

CY in red + 1 apache = dead

And you can have 4 before the opponent has a factory/airfield.

Players often have, when anticipating air, only like 6 to 8 rocket soldiers ready at that point?

If you want to keep the communications centra in this map. Perhaps you can do something about them being taken over.

Can you place walls around them? Prefarably concrete?

Then players need to bash through first, before an engineer can get in.

It's funny because I was actually thinking exactly that.

Another option would be to extend the cliffs on the right hand side of the map, and put the comm. centres up there, meaning if you want them, you have to fly an engi up there with a chinook.

Downside is players might not realise you gain anything from that, and not do it, because they'd have built their own comm. centre by that stage.

EDIT:

Okay I changed it, probably made it worse, but hey!

Comm Centres now behind double layer of concrete, and there's three neutral SAM sites in the middle which will delay an early helicopter rush, but they're not hard to destroy.

Do you need to hold the comm-centers during game or is the airstrike still available if they are destroyed?

In second case, you may put the comm-centers to the top-left/down-left corners so they are harder to defend.

They can be destroyed after you capture them and you don't lose the airstrike.