How do I set up a LAN game?

Gaspuch62

Question

My brothers and I are trying to start a LAN game together but we don't know how.

If there's a way I'm supposed to set it up, I'd like to know. I searched for LAN but couldn't got no results. When I try to start a LAN game, the Client show's that I'm connected to a Loopback IP address (127.0.0.1). We were able to play online, but my brother would like to be able to play on LAN because he doesn't have internet at his home.

6 answers to this question

the first one of you who starts up cncnet in LAN mode will become the server and connect to the server running on his pc via 127.0.0.1.

The next one will search for a server and find yours and connect to it automatically, you don't need to change any setting, it should just work.

Make sure you allow cncnet + LAN server in your firewall so the client on your brothers pc can find your server.

You can also try to close the server on your pc, then let your brother be the first one to start up cncnet so he becomes the server, then you try to launch cncnet and see if you can connect to him.

Make sure your pcs are actually connected properly. What are your private ips? compare them and make sure they match (except the last number)

updates on this? got the same issue.
can see my friend in the LAN lobby but no matter what or whoever makes a game it never shows up in the left side.

note, firewall is turned off on both machines as we are not connected to an outside internet connection at the time of playing. (we are on holiday in a tent in a field with electric hookup. camping lan party haha.)

anyway to directly connect to an IP address?

Edited by johndragonman

3 hours ago, johndragonman said:

can see my friend in the LAN lobby but no matter what or whoever makes a game it never shows up in the left side.

note, firewall is turned off on both machines as we are not connected to an outside internet connection at the time of playing. (we are on holiday in a tent in a field with electric hookup. camping lan party haha.)

What game are you playing? Are you using CnCNet for LAN games or the original in-game interface?

On 9/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, johndragonman said:

I have the same issue. We use the CnCnet for LAN game. Any help?