We're adding new units and buildings and more! + To-do -list

Holland

TOPIC EDIT

Alright so its about time i round up the new collection of assets. Here some more pics on what to expect.

I'm personally inlove with naval in ts, so i took most of the time to add Askhati's naval assets, and tried to make something myself as well, but not much luck.

nod_naval.png.1af3e6c01a5adac18e480804206175b2.pnggdi_naval.png.24935901f4fbf68f0bbfc3b0d28b58af.png 

Nolt also made a real nice naval asset:unknown.png.2907b5ab36ebd102413804cf07abc1ff.png

Further more, i used some of Nolt's crystal art to make some tiberium for on sea. 

dredgin.gif.f09b8fa474c2194818cf98560778f3a5.gif the harvesting anim is still a work in progress. Gonna make it like Harbor wars, but this time we'll be able to build a naval ref, but the harvy can't be controlled. it has to stick to a script to make money.

After upload i'll make a playable naval map and might try to balance it as similar as normal TS as i can.

Askhati made this awesome little canon like 10+ years ago, also adding.

gantur_ingame_002_267.png.543d30e2f910d6fdfcefa1a1650ad282.png

Plus i found out that these turrets are also publicly released. I might try to add them too, perhaps next upload

nenene_133.png.6c13ca822c4fa1ef0e562baa12e4bc4d.png

Also adding those other 2 tech centers, or upgrade centers, just gotta find the files, and also this one:

kIl8RVw.png.441d7a0eeaf109a229a36333113af4e4.png

Further more, gonna add the Snow asset for XTX too:

SCRN0001.png.067aabd6a3f30d0543a737ff5118c71e.pngunknown32.png.1b5f5d6d56bf7f5a695282195defb6b5.png

And me and BK57 made some art on terrain, but still needs some work.

work_so_far.png.33f224142ea072c8217ba67d7614ac33.png Needs lots of work. perhaps next upload

cracked_cliff.png.9c0aaf0e93e1e4ef44c90e115b3a717a.png  Trying to make destroyable concrete cliff too, lol  perhaps next upload

posted image

Ill probably add just the letters and just a few symbols for now.

And lastly, some Christmas stuff, so we can make some more snow maps. perhaps next upload

pd_snowman_screenshot_204.png.5902a1fc2823df2b73105536e51027d6.pngpd_xmastree_screenshot_682.png.1546bef101747239528db4e1c2690ff2.pngpost-281-1167260709.png.e8dcfad825c6e796209026387eaa84ff.pngpost-281-1167260734.png.2761c540066247b8d07378dd12786f30.pngpost-281-1177678678.jpg.21c1f5afb1beb0aacc336dddf35e00f6.jpg

I replied to this topic with the current to-do-list.

END TOPIC EDIT

The maker of the mod TS Dusk happily gave us permission to use his assets:

zeusdusk.gif.d83372f37fafb1be250c7989b2daf415.gifMOBILE_BARRA.gif.8337e8a8ef24b2247eba9db949bcf910.gif

gdiduskn.gif.03ef838fbd5d39900e4be4cc49b12b09.gifnoddusknav.gif.8360ed2331c69041ba482535e489844f.gif

Nolt has created an amazing Oil derricks for tiberian sun, that he publicly released:

extractor_144.gif.0e15240c7e565d9740e6794a60acc020.gif

Now, after rampa's oilderricks is implemented, we can add: ProduceCashAmount=x (where x is a number between 0 and 255, credits given on each 'tick' of the logic) to a building. So thats really cool!

Thirdly, i've been kinda making some animations to use on map for the trigger "Play anim at waypoint..",  so you can do stuff like this: 

mapanims.gif.89dbceaa58391909956c1293bddad5ce.gif

I'm also cleaning up the art.ini, fixing some of LKO's stuff, and fixed the parashute to play a little longer: prettygood.gif.4e2217c820194fae74e33a42ddcf9855.gif 

[AudioVisual]
Parachute=PARACH2

Alright and here the part where i need your input, I wanna add some stuff from the old Crystalized doom, but its too much to add them all. So please tell me which ones are your favorite. Please save image and circle the ones u really like:SCREENIE.png.f612f1f24eb76ef26bb7fdb22100e0e6.png

To see them in actions, click on these links to view gifs:

cabal n forgotten stuff

nod n gdi stuff

biggest vehicles

infantry

remember i repurposed this topic from 2017 lol,  old message:

So we are gathering new units, buildings, animations, voxels etc toadd into the game for optional use (for map makers).

If you already have some cool stuff and we can use it, please post some. You can find hunderds of awesome voxels made by gamers along the years on https://ppmforums.com/index.php?f=49 or if you find other sources to get some, please do so.

Find some nice stuff you would like to see in the game, download the shp file(s), and.or vxl and hva files. It would be great if you can find the codes for art.ini and the rules for in the map file for the voxel you like, or please make some yourself if you have experience, because I'm still struggling with the right codes if the maker didnt include them.

- Please make sure we are allowed to use the voxel and let us know the name of the creator and his terms of use.

- Provide the link/source where u got it from

If you found a whole bunch, It would make it easier for me if you would test them yourself in a single map, and just give me your art.ini, map file and ecacheXX.mix

If you don't know how to add voxels/shps, download XCC Utilities and have a look on https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4037  (but for the most part this message is targeted to people who are familar with xcc utilities)

mrrychrist.png

Edited by Holland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Check 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Holland. 

Navy5EAL from moddb.com gave  his permission to use his stuff if needed for the Tiberian Sun upgrade. I asked him that we  might need to borrow his civilian cars  or other stuff, that of course I would credit him for making these units. 

I felt he made good material for civilian vehicles that looks consistent to Tiberian Sun atmosphere. Not to mention he added some  Tiberian dawn units and Improved their look. He has some new cameos as well that looks fine. 

The first photo is something that might be interesting for civilian stuff, adding more toys for map markers. Also improved looking Tiberian dawn units; the heavy tank and the MLRS. 

The second photo is an artillery. This one looks good for new mobile artillery unit. 

The third photo is elite cadre that the cameo looks more nod like.

Here is the link for downloading the mod: 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberian-sun-205

I'm still trying to reach other mod makers and waiting for permission to use their stuff. 

That's that's for now. 

IMG_2376.PNG

IMG_2377.PNG

IMG_2378.PNG

Edited by Assist

Very good progress. Good that you thought about adding new plants. The palms look great. And now we having navy in TS for the first time lol. Some buildings look creepy but nevertheless these things are interesting. 

I currently don't have PC nor laptop! I can't help much, but I will see what I can do the next few weeks.

I will pm you if I ever get the chance to help you. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hungry Mike said:

Make inf eating subs, who come out from the ground, eat inf and directly go back underground lol.

That be cool, u mean some sub monster. Maybe dinosaurs. I forgot to show them. The Flybug might be better looking. Would be dope if its sum kind of Mole lol. Too bad crushing can't show an animation.

7 hours ago, Holland said:

That be cool, u mean some sub monster. Maybe dinosaurs. I forgot to show them. The Flybug might be better looking. Would be dope if its sum kind of Mole lol. Too bad crushing can't show an animation.

Ye, but i meant just the normal sub. You could of course use a monster too haha

3 hours ago, Weaponx said:

Can we get a stealth function on the CC.  :D

Thats just an easy mod, just add this in your map file:

[CYC2]
Cloakable=yes
CloakingSpeed=3

But yeah ill add most of those infantries, so u can add a 2nd CC too, lol

Edited by Holland
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Phenomena said:

Make a 3rd faction thats playable and balanced and ill support it 100%

We can totally do that. I'd love to just copy some factions from some mods, but we need the permission. But these guys are unreachable. here take a look in this topic: 

If we could get a team going working on a faction, that'll be great. After 20 years modders could definitly balance a faction out. And there has been pretty well balanced factions already, its just a matter of asking modders around. Perhaps someone could donate.
506966658_reformforgotten.thumb.gif.f874856e067857cdd2a261962703b94a.gif1841929905_truepowerscrin.thumb.gif.79129e920fb03e8700838d5071760694.gif

• 2 months later...

Crystallized doom.rar

I would appreciate help from people who know how to handle INI and MIX files: Extract the units you want and all file related, (no sounds). It be great too have a seperate (ini) file with the rules of an individual unit, and include its weapon and dont forget any particle and listed particlestyem)

(remember u can list with letters too, example: [VehicleTypes]Mod2=Mod2  it don't have to be numbers )

attached file (this message) includes art.ini, rules (and a test map) and ecache from the old crystallized doom.

Its too much for me too do by myself, and the package is too big to upload it, this version of Crystallized doom has a lot of stuff that already in expand11. So goal is to keep the size low. Don't forget about the weapon's anims.

just posting this image again cuz it has all the ones we can get:
posted image

(that tripod we already got)

Edited by Holland

TO-DO LIST

- Repair original voxel replacememts (trucks,train,etc)
- Repair art entry's for LKO's assets (NASILO, FLH for Fortress)

- Add assets from mod 'TS Dusk' (made by ..)
- Add custom Map animations
- Add Nolt's oilderricks
- Add Mircea's donations (Chopper, boulder)
- Add assets from mod 'TS Crystallized doom' (old version) (by... )
    - Collect all files from choosen assets
    - Get the rules and art for them ready
-Add akshati's naval assets, get other boats ready, make more naval buildings
    - All boats and structures by akshati art and rules
    - Add a waterborder to the SHP building files to buildings that will look good on water

- Create/find more weapon animations
- Make naval harvy harvesting anim prettier
-Add new tech centers and new canons

- Get all missing XTX ready
    - Graffitti on small vertical concrete cliffs
    - Finish larger vertical concrete cliffs
    - Test underground concrete tunnels, find accurate codes (temperat.ini)

- Get all new .tem files ready
    - Prettier clear tiles, deserty clear and sand.
    - Add custom image fonts on clear land (50% done) (arrows, letters, numbers, symbols, animals, skulls, etc)

- Mirror them 
    - Make crystallized seaweed/moss for on water
    - Photoshop awesome stuff on the (XTX) concrete cliffs

After upload:

- Create insertable INI Files for the new assets
- Update topic "Adding mods with Final Sun"
- Update CnCnet Finalsun Standalone
- Create naval map with working scripts for naval harvy and turn it into INI (maybe)
- Create video on new stuff
- Create topic on ppmforums to show what we got.
- Create topic on ppmforums research, to find out if there is a script for naval harvy to return to ref.

• 2 years later...