Update on marsh vs hurricane irma

Marsh

Well boys I have it bad....

Hurricane irma has ruined my county lol 99.9% without power, we were declared today the second most damaged county in florida next to Monroe  (the keys) which is the area the storm made land fall.

Lost power at 5pm est Sunday night,  got an update at 10pm est that the storm eyewall shifted over my house.

Luckily my house took minor damage but I am a lucky one. Gas station lines are miles long here and people are having trouble finding food or water.  I'm fortunate enough to have a generator and the means to travel outside of the area to get supplies..

We have at least 50 power poles snapped in half which may not seem like much to some, but consider my county population is only 100k for all 4 cities here.

Our bowling alley burnt to the ground and both hospitals have been without power for days and are having trouble getting gas themselves. There is major flooding in some areas here and power should be restored for my area by end of week or sooner. My best friend got his back today but he lives closer to the bigger area and I'm more in the secluded country club areas. My sister is on a different grid and her power company told them it would be weeks before they had all their customers restored.

Fema recently took notice to our situation. As of sometimes today......

And I am thankful today to see power trucks from all area of the us Canada and mexico in our area.

I will upload pictures once I have better than the shirty emergency phone internet think I'm only running 3g atm so I can not discord atm.

Oh and ama because I'm bored

Yeah a lot of the state was hit hard, my cousin lives in ft lauderdale. However I live in highlands county where as this morning we are 82% without power. Cnn article is wrote about it I guess,  that's all fake new though. And I'm sure they interview the dumbest people.

Irma didn't 1-0 me, she bailed like a how after a lucky win is all.

Big house marsh doesn't need to rebuild...

Lol grant, I guess so....this isn't my first hurricane, my wife and daughter aren't taking it as well.  Probably going to finish off my vacation at the beach since my original plans were blown away, pun intended........

My internet on the phone seems to be better today, power is on down the road from my house so hopefully it will be on here soon. 

I will say this however, I went through Andrew in 1992, charley, Francis, and jeanne in 2004, Matthew outer bands last year, but this storm was hands down the worst ive ever experienced. 

3 hours ago, JSDS said:

Hey marsh 

Oh. Good u still alive :D

Idk why it called "Irma" wierd name ( more then my Nick ) haha .

#survival of marsh part 1 :cnc10:

There is an idea behind hurricane names, alphabetical order and respectively girls and boys names. But ye a better name would be something like death magnetron 3000, that would really encourage ppl to gtfo 

• Like 1

I'm always wondering why Americans build their houses with wood (ofc it will fly), especially if their country is regularly hit by storms, here in Tunisia we build walls of 60cm thick, windows are reinforced, here we don't have hurricanes or whatever, but we get always strong winds and heavy rains.

20 minutes ago, aWarN1GGa said:

I'm always wondering why Americans build their houses with wood (ofc it will fly), especially if their country is regularly hit by storms, here in Tunisia we build walls of 60cm thick, windows are reinforced, here we don't have hurricanes or whatever, but we get always strong winds and heavy rains.

most houses in my area are made of cinder blocks ???

most people homes in florida are made to withstand hurricanes.