CnC-DDraw alpha released! - play C&C95 & RA95 in a window!

Tore

hifi, the person responsible for CnCNet v2, has released CnC-DDraw, an OpenGL reimplementation of the old DirectDraw API.

This not only allows you to play C&C95 and RA95 in a window, but contains options to stretch it to any size you want! It also fixes freezing and fast scrolling issues, and makes the game run better in WINE. In addition it has mouse adjustment and FPS limitation options.

There is a chance that it solves the multi-core CPU freeze bug some people have.

cncddraw-thumb.png

Click here for more information, screenshots and downloads

I got bugs too,

1° - The units where i'm trying to select, if i hit the mouse in the botton of screen, it looks like i've relased the mouse.

2° - Sometimes i need to restart C&C95 because i can't scroll down.

3° - After 5-8 Minutes of game, i have performance problems (slowdowns)

Hi

First of all. Great job!

But I have run into two major problems. I cant stretch the window. I have red the manual but still unable to do it.

I would love to play it on 1200x800 resolution :-)

Second...when using DDraw mouse act pretty crazy. Jumps up and dowm. Just doesnt to work properly.

Im running this game on virtualized WindowsXP (Virtualbox on Ubuntu). I just gave up to run this game in WINE  :S 

Hi

First of all. Great job!

But I have run into two major problems. I cant stretch the window. I have red the manual but still unable to do it.

I would love to play it on 1200x800 resolution :-)

It will automagically stretch when you set the resolution in ddraw.ini

Second...when using DDraw mouse act pretty crazy. Jumps up and dowm. Just doesnt to work properly.

Im running this game on virtualized WindowsXP (Virtualbox on Ubuntu). I just gave up to run this game in WINE  :S 

Please don't do that. I would think virtualization would mess things up pretty bad. It works perfectly fine on Wine. Heck, cnc-ddraw is developed on Wine and Linux.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I created a program that updates the files for C&C95 and RA1. It downloads and installs the updates if you desire them. Check it out:

http://autoupdate.cnc-comm.com/cncraupdater/cncraupdater.exe

It will notify you if there is an updated version of this program.

Aside from updating the files, you can also run the setup.exe's and games (and Edwin for RA1) from this small application. Under the Help menu there is links to cncnet.cnc-comm.com and cnc-comm.com. The numbers on the top right of the program is the form's opacity level.

Should work for all Windows Operating systems from XP to 7. I would be happy if anyone can tell me about any issues or ideas.

Enjoy :)

• 3 months later...

I've come across a problem when trying to play Red Alert online when using DDraw. When you click internet from the menu, the game crashes and comes up with an error.

Any reason why this would be happening?

The error is:

The instruction at 0059e603 referenced memory at 00000010

This memory could not be read from

Click on OK to terminate the application