Soviet VS Yuri

ZiGZaG

So recently ive seen and heard from a lot of player's that just dont understand how to fight the Yuri faction.

In this topic im going to give examples and answer any question's regarding this issue, furthermore if any Yuri player's want some game's to help show how the soviet faction can combat yuri feel free to give me a shout. i'll also upload any games i lose and discuss why i lost and what i could have done better to avoid this.

Soviet vs Yuri Heartland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y_8QTEu9uc

Soviet vs Yuri Paris Revisited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9XveyRfKvg&t=470s

Soviet vs Yuri Country Swing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8RadJmFLDA&feature=youtu.be

Soviet vs Yuri little Big Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWEhhKpsJc4&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 1

SvY is such a good games to play and watch .

Many  say yuri is OP but i dont really think so.

I enjoy playing sov vs a yuri player .

Few ways to play vs yuri as a sov :

1- rush : 0 miners ,3 rhinos ,1 drone ,3 desos and sell mcv ( mostly in small maps like dune patrol ) or mass connies like 40 or 50 and attaack :P

2- fast IC : yuri is almost unbeatable if SW are off . so fast IC stays a good choice in large maps or small ones.

IC or drone ,rhinos,siege choopers can give yuri pain in the ass :D

3- nuke if they are campy like mustach :P

Just some smart play can win you yuri easy 

Deso > brutes,mags,gattling tanks

Rhinos >lasher tanks ,gattling tanks .and attack buildings..

Flacks easyly take disks out.

Drones>masterminds 

Siege choopers in long games in large maps annoyies yuri alot 

I think @LeOwNzAll can add few more stuff 8).

Btw can any one show me how to play yuri vs soviet ? As a yuri 

Edited by JSDS

• 2 weeks later...

Basic rule of thumb ; try sneaking 1 more miner than your opponent out of wharf so you will tech on 5 minors, otherwise you tech on 4 if you're getting harassed. Tech up and mass rhino and a few drones after lab. Turtle for a few min with deso + sentry and wait for IC. Yuri is beatable, however, I would avoid playing against a competent player on tour of Egypt due/ isle of war and similar maps to the cliff advantage and mags zoning you out of his side of the map. If you do end up playing against a good player there you should try to get a critical hit with IC on his MCV/ Sw with your first couple waves of irons otherwise you will surely lose. They will also slowly ruin your eco by dropping your miners throughout the entire game.

Use stealth techniques to your advantage and hide drones behind trees and buildings to intercept the unguarded masters minds when they're en route to your base.

Edited by sunny
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, sunny said:

Use stealth techniques to your advantage and hide drones behind trees and buildings to intercept the unguarded masters minds when they're en route to your base.

That only works against people who don't bring their whole Yuri deathball of an army together. 
AKA Lashers, Gattlings, Magnetrons, MMs, disks, YP, Virus, in a big clusterfuck of the cheesiest unit composition know in RTS to date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2018 at 9:01 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

That only works against people who don't bring their whole Yuri deathball of an army together. 
AKA Lashers, Gattlings, Magnetrons, MMs, disks, YP, Virus, in a big clusterfuck of the cheesiest unit composition know in RTS to date.

lol! this made me laugh, he means try and catch the master minds alone and drone them, most strong YR player's will have a few sitting around their base. Also if u get enough Siege and deploy them they will destroy that entire deathball of an army with relative ease

On 2/23/2018 at 8:31 PM, sunny said:

Basic rule of thumb ; try sneaking 1 more miner than your opponent out of wharf so you will tech on 5 minors, otherwise you tech on 4 if you're getting harassed. Tech up and mass rhino and a few drones after lab. Turtle for a few min with deso + sentry and wait for IC. Yuri is beatable, however, I would avoid playing against a competent player on tour of Egypt due/ isle of war and similar maps to the cliff advantage and mags zoning you out of his side of the map. If you do end up playing against a good player there you should try to get a critical hit with IC on his MCV/ Sw with your first couple waves of irons otherwise you will surely lose. They will also slowly ruin your eco by dropping your miners throughout the entire game.

Mass Rhino imo is a bad strategy. its too easy for yuri to mind control them and grind them or land them all ontop of each other with mag's.  Here's mass rhino vs yuri watch from 11:30 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vVjxJ0v3U

Edit : I didnt realise you where the soviet haha!

Edited by ZiGZaG

On 2/23/2018 at 4:01 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

Yes that may be cheesy but its not unstoppable, if you play against YR on a large map (without cliffs that mags dominate), the amount of distance between you and your opponent means the Yuri has to travel further giving you more time for your valuable iron curtain to count down. Once you devise an effective strategy to repel the first harassment the large area of the map gives you enough time for your IC to activate and be used defensively or offensively, (preferably offensively). On a larger map such as GSF, CS, Montana, HFO and similar, there's a considerable amount of pressure on every yuri player to rebuild his attack wave after the previous ones become damaged or eliminated by the irons and drones. The longer the game stretches on the harder it might become to defeat a skilled yuri due to grinding of brutes and compound income from grinding brutes via genetic mutator.

What I meant by intercept the masters mind with the drones was catch them when the yuri neglects keeping a gatling near them, that happens quite often and can give you an edge by allowing you some breathing room to rebuild.

Edited by sunny
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sunny said:

What I meant by intercept the masters mind with the drones was catch them when the yuri neglects keeping a gatling near them, that happens quite often and can give you an edge by allowing you some breathing room to rebuild.

I've done plenty of that to all the Yuri wannabe's in QM already. :D

On 2/24/2018 at 9:57 PM, ZiGZaG said:

lol! this made me laugh, he means try and catch the master minds alone and drone them, most strong YR player's will have a few sitting around their base. Also if u get enough Siege and deploy them they will destroy that entire deathball of an army with relative ease

Mass Rhino imo is a bad strategy. its too easy for yuri to mind control them and grind them or land them all ontop of each other with mag's.  Here's mass rhino vs yuri watch from 11:30 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vVjxJ0v3U

Edit : I didnt realise you where the soviet haha!

about massing rhinos part : damn yes i tryed so once vs mass of masterminds ( wasn't a very happy ending for me ) :'( 

2 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

Dude, that quality of video is very bad i can help you to get better quality. 

@ZiGZaG  

These where done with hypercam, i dont know why but even though its ran fine for streaming previously, OBS has started lagging hardcore, think i messed the setting's up somehow, message me on skype sometime you can help me sort it out :) 

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

idk.... battlefortress + mirage+prism+ paradrops= pretty big clusterfucking swisscheese 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Why are you wasting time Terror Droning his Masterminds, when you could be radiating the Slave Miner workers with Desolators ? Economic Warfare is the best strategy ever. Also, there's a trick to use cannon fodder (lots of Conscripts+Terror Drones) in front of your Rhinos to make the Masterminds waste mind-control slots & overheat, this adhoc tactic works as there's no Robot Tanks like the Allies have got. Also hotkey them seperately from the tanks. I've used this tactic mainly to draw enemy Mirage Tanks fire from Rhinos but works for other factions as well. BTW Terror Drones are useless if they get in range of Gattling Cannons, so they're limited in their use.

Edited by laserbeak

6 hours ago, laserbeak said:

Why are you wasting time Terror Droning his Masterminds, when you could be radiating the Slave Miner workers with Desolators ? Economic Warfare is the best strategy ever. Also, there's a trick to use cannon fodder (lots of Conscripts+Terror Drones) in front of your Rhinos to make the Masterminds waste mind-control slots & overheat, this adhoc tactic works as there's no Robot Tanks like the Allies have got. Also hotkey them seperately from the tanks. I've used this tactic mainly to draw enemy Mirage Tanks fire from Rhinos but works for other factions as well. BTW Terror Drones are useless if they get in range of Gattling Cannons, so they're limited in their use.

Drones are usually used in combination with the iron curtain to kill the yuris mm collection

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

Yeah, Soviet vs Yuri isn't balanced without the SWs. ;)

I agree completely.

SW's favor Yuri as well, as they get the Genetic Mutator to turn any infantry into their side weapon —not that great since Base defenses would easily take them out, & also able to target your heavy cavalry with Psychic Dominator, I had to leave a match (single-player) because of it (too disruptive) —but I forgot to get the German army to ally with me so... I got hit by the Weather Control Device, or I'd be winning. I don't know what happened to Force Shield...

P.S: The Soviets just have Flak technology, which is all they're good at.

Edited by laserbeak

Brutes destroy Terror Drones in one hit, interesting, also vice versa (I think)... https://youtu.be/watch?v=IAK9oV-gJ4c & here's a video with Prism Towers vs. Tesla Coils ~> https://youtu.be/watch?v=IAK9oV-gJ4c (~8 mins.) All of Yuri's infantry are like a specialty, from the Brute's to the Virus & even the initiate, got a powerful choice of infantry. 3 Power Plants loaded with Iniates' provide as much power as a Nuclear Reactor i.e. 1900 (Nuke Reactor = 2000) IIRC. Worry about Terror Drone ?: Harrier (1 missile) |Floating Disc (unlimited ammo.) Most Yuri players make Floating Discs anyway [not Masterminds], & I've seen them win.

Edited by laserbeak

On 8/9/2018 at 10:45 PM, laserbeak said:

I agree completely.

SW's favor Yuri as well, as they get the Genetic Mutator to turn any infantry into their side weapon —not that great since Base defenses would easily take them out, & also able to target your heavy cavalry with Psychic Dominator, I had to leave a match (single-player) because of it (too disruptive) —but I forgot to get the German army to ally with me so... I got hit by the Weather Control Device, or I'd be winning. I don't know what happened to Force Shield...

P.S: The Soviets just have Flak technology, which is all they're good at.

Nah, Soviets early game units are great. There's a reason most of the rank 1s on cncnet have been Soviet.