Walling Off and other lame tactics and cheats

Iran

Like I said on IRC a week or so ago, I'd prefer if you made the missions bigger and longer without it simply being a game of "walling off the AI."

Like... ?

I do not want to make any modificiations in the missions where it corrupts the storyline or the briefings, like put a flame tank on mission 5... No reason, they did not have this tecnology yet.

Yeah, like the Fast Artillery shooting, infinite silos (they are usefull on Mission 5) and the Unprotected Nod base on GDI Mission 11 (you can easly capture the enemy CY, build up a refinery, and you got a complete base), base rush (to wall up the enemy), and ever other tings...

lol, if it's cheats, I can outdo that... faster harvesting (similar to the fast artillery trick), selling on sandbags, walking over walls with infantry, detecting stealth tanks with helicopters, removing nuke explosions when they hit...

It's all lame though. If you can't win without that, you can't honestly say you beat the game.

Mind you, in my opinion, the airstrike decoy trick isn't really amongst those. After all, if you know the enemy A10s always attack the most northern target, it'd be plain stupid to put something weak-but-expensive there.

Detecting stealth tanks with helicopters,...

With Helicopters? I know how to detect steath tanks with Building Contruction Aim, Also, a Yellow life Stealth Tank launch Smoke because it is damaged, so you can see a walking smoke, attack it because it is a stealth tank, it is not a lame at all.

The northern target A10 AI is not a lame, The AI are stupid, and use the Superweapons how it wants too. Same thing with the AI will aways launch a nuke in the 1st builded Advanced Guard Tower or the Obelisk of light...

We are getting on a split (lol)

Detecting stealth tanks with helicopters,...

With Helicopters? I know how to detect steath tanks with Building Contruction Aim, Also, a Yellow life Stealth Tank launch Smoke because it is damaged, so you can see a walking smoke, attack it because it is a stealth tank, it is not a lame at all.

Nah, this works anywhere on the map. They just have to be sitting on either concrete from buildings, on tiberium, or on beaches; the places where units can move but helicopters can't. When you hold your mouse over a stealth tank, the game forces the cursor into a Move cursor, even for helicopters which normally CAN'T move there ;)

On that note, the radar trick to detect subs in RA also works for stealths in C&C1.

btw, I can split this, if you want.

Ehr, the wall thing you are mentioning is when you close the harvester inside a base for barbecue, right?

You're not including "building up a base using walls"?

I'm asking it because some have an "open" doctrine and never surround bases with anything while others prefer closed systems in some degree.

I mean, this second part is not cheating, right?

Well, it's probably somehow related to the fact the AI doesn't see Overlay as valid target... walls are a dirty mix of both "overlay" and "structure" types; they have some behaviour of structures (ownership, can be sold, have a price), but from what I've seen, as objects on the map, they're seen purely as overlay.

In contrast, the walls pre-placed on a map are pure overlay, without an owner; they are neutral elements just like tiberium.

I have no idea how the "destroy enemy object blocking my way" logic even works, or where to look for it, so I have no idea how to make it activate on Overlay types either. If I ever dig into this, an even worse problem will probably be to also prevent the AI from destroying all the walls around their own base because they see them as hostile objects.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old post. But would there be a way to get rid of the silo cheat where you can just make helipads/refineries (faster make buildings) and then cancel them to store more cash? (meaing people actually have to build silos?

Would be better for multiplayer games, I would think. Easy enough to just not do it, if you wanted to keep the challenge in the missions.

Sorry to bring up an old post. But would there be a way to get rid of the silo cheat where you can just make helipads/refineries (faster make buildings) and then cancel them to store more cash? (meaing people actually have to build silos?

Would be better for multiplayer games, I would think. Easy enough to just not do it, if you wanted to keep the challenge in the missions.

We already spam Refineries. :P

usually a player got 4 refineries, and each refinery can contain 1000$, so 4*1000 = 4000.

People rarely have that amount of money. They are always building something.

Also, about the AI seeing overlay as Target: Tiberium is a overlay too :P