[Help!] Tiberian Sun Change Language

The3X

Question

Hello

I just installed Tiberian Sun online and keep wondering whether there is a possibility to change the sounds to my own language.

Actually I own the First Decade Version of this game too, so I kind of have that game with the right audio.

The problem is that that version is kind of bugged. So it keeps crashing sometimes, while "Tiberian Sun Online" does not crash.

The text already is in my language (German) but the sounds are in english.

My idea was to put the audio files of the original game, which I own, into the Tiberian Sun edition. But I cannot find those datas, if they exist.

Can someone help me please? I'm really really used to my sounds from my childhood and it keeps bothering me listening to my game in wrong language.

6 answers to this question

I already tried that.

But when I copy the tibsun.mix into the folder, the game cannot start.

Problem is: The original tibsun.mix is nearly 30 mb greater.

Error code: "Failed to initialize. Please reinstall."

When I start the lobby, the game crashes.

Okay that really helped. Thanks alot!

I changed sounds.mix, speech01.mix, speech02.mix

Now the only problem left is that the menu + the mouse-over-hints are in english (text).

Everything else is changed already.

Any idea where I can find that?

Edit:

I just realized: The GDI artillery has no shooting sound anymore. Actually I find this sound annoying anyway, but as it is missing... Weird.

Edited by The3X

Hello all.

I have a new question to this very topic.

I downloaded the Single Player upgrade for Tiberian Sun.

But actually it's in english. So I tried changing all .mix and everything else from my own Tiberian Sun version.

It worked. Most things are now in my language.

Problem is: The Movies are still in english although I changed the movie datas.

I don't know what I should change now to make the movies in my language again...

Hello there. I've been working with Tiberian Sun for the past couple of months, and I could help you out with that if you'd like. The movies are located in three .mix files, movies01.mix contains the GDI cutscenes, movies02.mix contains the Nod ones, and movies03.mix contains both the GDI and Nod cutscenes for the Firestorm expansion. 

Replacing these is fairly simple if you've already got the official translation installed somewhere. Make sure that the German version has all the same .mix files and replace the English ones with those. It should work now. Yet, you're saying that you've done that, and the movies are still in English. Here are some possibilities as to why it didn't work: 

1) It could be that the cutscenes in the German version were packed in a different way. As to how or why, I wouldn't be able to tell you. The solution would be to unpack the movies with the help of XCC Mixer, then replace the English ones in the corresponding .mix archives using the XCC Mix editor. 

2) The German version you've got has these movies in English. Which... wouldn't make too much sense, but there are so many versions of Tiberian Sun floating around that I can't disregard this possibility. Make sure that the movies you're trying to get to work are really in German first. 

Addendum: 
You also might want to replace these files, too: sidecd01.mix and sidecd02.mix. Those contain EVA and CABAL briefings which are read aloud in the Tiberian Sun singleplayer campaign during the mission select screen ("The Nod forces that attacked our Pheonix base are in this sector..." / "Hassan communicates to the Brotherhood through a nearby TV station...", etc). 

Edited by Lilly Blanche